“Superb service and well cooked food”

Filby Bridge Restaurant at Filby Broad
Ranked #31 of 348 Restaurants in Great Yarmouth
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stopped for a weekday light lunch and were not disappointed. A very nice meal followed by a bit of fishing on the broad, all in all a nice day!

1  Thank simon m
Tonyfilbybridge, Owner at Filby Bridge Restaurant at Filby Broad, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for you review & I'm glad you enjoyed your lunch hope you had luck with the fishing.

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Lovely place customer service is by far 5 star and best we have received in Norfolk in a long while and we are locals who enjoy eating out! :) informative, polite friendly and discreet in a very good way, food and wine was delicious, I forgot to take picture as it was too delicious to wait lol, if you get the chance try the chocolate fudge brownie with pea nut butter ice cream pure bliss. Outside is very quaint and endearing with lovely views. Only thing I believe they can improve is the inside, although clean and nice enough its slightly dated where as a nice wooden floor would make the venue more modern and up to date. But on the whole loved this place and will be going back, it's a hidden gem that with a small clean up I believe would become a treasure trove. Thank you to all the staff who made are night so enjoyable.

1  Thank Swarley81
Tonyfilbybridge, Owner at Filby Bridge Restaurant at Filby Broad, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for your kind review and I'm glad you had a very enjoyable evening with us & we will look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We received a warm welcome and were seated at a window table with a stunning view across the Broad. The service was prompt and the specials board was clearly explained. The food arrived in good time and was well cooked, perhaps some Garlic bread or Taco's with the Chilli would have gone down well. Definitely one for a return visit.

1  Thank alan s

Glad to hear you enjoyed your lunch & the views, I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I haven't been to this restaurant for many,many years as the last time we called in the welcome we received was so cold to the point of rudeness.
last week's visit was a complete contrast.
We bowled up at just after half past eleven for a pre-visit to Thrigby Hall lunch. The place was virtually empty & a gentleman was laying tables. He greeted us warmly & let us settle in at a table of our choice with fabulous views out over Filby Broad,before coming to take our order.
My mother & I only wanted sandwiches but my teenage son had his eye on Ham,egg & chips.
When the gentleman,who was very friendly, came to take our order he informed us that sandwiches were no problem but hot food wasn't available until 12pm.
My son revised his order, however within minutes of going to the kitchen the chap came back & informed us that as the chef had had a quiet morning he could do the Ham & eggs, much to my son's delight.
The food was delivered promptly & it was delicious. The bread was very fresh & the bacon hot & crispy. The portion of ham & eggs was huge & the chips were cooked to perfection.
All in all it was a great experience & I look forward to visiting again.

1  Thank LucieMR62
Tonyfilbybridge, Owner at Filby Bridge Restaurant at Filby Broad, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

many thanks for your kind review & I am glad you that Tim offered you a warm & friendly service as this is what we strive for every time as well as serving good food.We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Fairly regular visitor here and know what to expect, which is good service and decent food coupled with a lovely setting. Lunches are very good - large choice and something for everyone, and the evening menu is just as varied. Staff are always friendly and the number of 'regulars' tells you all you need to know.

1  Thank 75JohnnyP
Tonyfilbybridge, Owner at Filby Bridge Restaurant at Filby Broad, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for your comments & review. I look forward to seeing you again soon.