“Worth a try”

Add it.
The Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Food and service was fantastic. in need of a little modernisation and maybe more choice on menu. but could not fault food or service. will go again. from danni and john &john...jpr decorating specialist..

There are newer reviews for The Italian Restaurant

Reviewed February 20, 2012

My partner and I where meeting some friends for a meal and they suggested this restaurant as an option. To be honest, I thought they where talking about a different restaurant (Lazzarella's in fact) so I agreed. It only occured to me a couple of days later that it was not Lazzarella's he had booked. Despite living in Gt Yarmouth for 30 years, I had never been here, nor did I know anyone who had (other than the friends we where going with).

So, off I went to do some belated research on Tripadvisor.

As you can read before me, the reviews where very mixed, so to be honest, I didn't have any great expectations.

So, to the moment of truth?

We where meeted and greeted by two extremely attentive staff.

The menu is extensive with a good variety of fish and meat. One small glitch i did notice was that there didn't appear to be many vegetarian option's, however I am sure they would cook to order.

We skipped the starter's and opted to have a main's with a choice of side orders to share amongst the 4 of us.

The waiting time was as you would expect, all the food arrived at the same time and piping hot. The portion size was typical of Italian's.... Hearty! I had the Filleto Nizzardo of which was excellent. The type of meal that makes you feel satisfied on a number of levels...the sort of feeling you get when your mum cooks for you.

For dessert I had the obligatory Tiramasu, although a sort of deconstructed one, it still managed to hit the spot.

All in all, very good and would recommend for a good honest hearty experience.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

I have been to this restaurant on more than one occasion. With parties of 2 all the way up to parties of 15 for a family birthday all meals I have tried have been to a high standard. The service was of a good standard and all ingredients seemed of high quality. I would recommend this restaurant to all ages and all tastes to sum up this establishment it is comfy and the food is of a high standard would be in the top three restaurants in great Yarmouth KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!

1  Thank Thewonderinghobo
Reviewed August 21, 2011

DO NOT EAT HERE. The manager was irritable and aggressive towards our family party of four generations from the minute we arrived for our celebration dinner. We were ten minutes late (in an empty restaurant that only saw one other table of four join all evening. Given this was a Saturday evening, this gives some indication of the lack of popularity for this establishment). When we asked for the second two minute opportunity to review the menu, we were told that we couldn't, and must order immediately or not at all!. Out of our party of eleven, three starters were presumably accidentally forgotten. When my son gently asked where they were, he was met with a very hostile response, and a complete refusal to accept the remaining starters were ever ordered. No apology was offered. When my grandmother, in her 80s, queried where the starter was, the manager became worryingly aggressive towards her and my 87 year old grandfather. I was mortified and had to intervene. I asked if he thought he was being aggressive, and he agreed that he was feeling aggressive towards us! With regards to the starters we did receive, I had ordered meatballs with mozarella, and I felt fairly certain they were supermarket purchased 'swedish meatballs'. Tasteless mush.
I have never experienced such a complete lack of service, in such a hostile and unpleasant manner. AVOID AT ALL COSTS would be my advice.

Reviewed July 3, 2011

Service was very slow , very dated. music to high. interior very shabby and far to bright

1  Thank JCarroll04