“Awesome food. Very friendly service. And Mario was an excellent host”

Albatross Italian Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 339 Restaurants in Great Yarmouth
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: I found this restaruant on Yell.com Phone number 01493858030
“Awesome food. Very friendly service. And Mario was an excellent host”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Me, My wife and two children had a wonderful eating experience. They even let my 10 year old help prepare a pizza in the kitchen. The food was amazing and it cost less then £40 for a meal for 4. We will be coming back in the summer to see Mario and taste his wonderful cooking. Can't wait..:-)

Dartmouth, United Kingdom
“Not the best neighbourhood but good food and lovely staff”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Situated on the kiss me quick street, not the best of starts. The restaurant though is small and intimate. The staff were attentive but not intrusive and the food was excellent. Given there is so little choice for god food in Great Yarmouth (IMHO) this place is well worth a try

• Visited October 2012
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
“Brilliant service and food”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We visited the Alabatros on 28 Sep 12 having booked a table for 7.30pm. On arrival we were greeted in an extremely friendly manner and shown to table immediately. The food was well prepared, well presented and of highest quality and the service was second to none. Our party of four had never been to the restaurant previously but had heard from a family member that it was definitely worth a visit. To this end we viewed the reviews made by people that had eaten there and we have no hesitation in echoing the strong views of excellence made by the large majority of them. We will certainly visit this establishment again and thank the proprietor and his team for ensuring that our visit was such a pleasant one.

• Visited September 2012
“Do not go here if you have small children!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

After reading reviews we decided to go to this restaurant last night. On arrival as the reviews advise the outside decor is nasty and walking down the stairs and into the restaurant there was a nasty musky smell. My husband and I sat at our table with my 5 year old and 17 month old toddler, we requested a high chair and they advised us they only had 1 and it was being used so my 1 year old sat on the Chair. Obviously me and my husband were tryIng to move all the cutlery and glasses etc out of his reach (he is very fast and busy as most toddlers his age) the waiter then came over and said ' you will have to control your child or....' at that point we stood up and left. I cannot believe how rude this was. We as a family have ate at gilgermesh in Camden. Jamie Oliver's the list goes on but have never been spoken to like that before. Avoid this place if I was you.

“Superb !”
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Went to the Albatross after reading the reviews on here and can honestly say it is one of the best Italian restaurants I have been to (and I have been to a lot !). Highly recommended.