“Excellent staff and entertainment”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Great Yarmouth
California Cliffs Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed June 2, 2014

On arrival, I must admit the caravans are a little to close together for my liking and the site is quite cramped. Having said this, we stayed a week and the close proximity of the caravans to each other did not really impact on our overall experience. The front desk staff are very helpful, cheerful and polite. The facilities are up to date and nicely presented. My little boy and I do appear to have caught a rasping cough, as did many other people, especially children around the park. I wonder if it may be from the swimming pool which we visited once and I thought the water was pretty cold.

The evening entertainment staff were brilliant. They appeared to really enjoy their jobs. Chloe and Sophie were brilliant dancing with the kids and were so patient with the little ones. Jack and Alex were very good hosts and Alex was particularly funny and a great front man. I loved the family quizzes and games in the evening - not usually my scene at all but they really did make the effort to get everyone involved. The cabarets were well above average for this type of holiday park in my opinion. The magic show (Caspian I think his name was) was very good and the female singer was good - both acts did not take themselves to seriously, had a laugh with the audience and got the kids involved as well.

To improve, I would like the main cabaret to start a little earlier as most young children are asleep by the time it starts so the adults get to only see the party dances and kiddies entertainment then have to go home before the cabaret.

I would definitely return to this park.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at California Cliffs Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review California Cliffs. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your holiday and especially the entertainment team.

I was sorry to read that your little boy got a cough whilst on holiday. We do check our swimming pools a number of times throughout the day to ensure that the water levels are safe and are within the correct parameters.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

01493 730 584

Write a ReviewReviews (1,121)

Reviewed June 1, 2014

First time at this park and enjoyed it very much. Staff were helpful, park was clean. We had a problem with the heating and it was fixed promptly. Have been to other parks and this one had a better feel to it. Would definitely go again.

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Yet again another Fantastic weekend here and booked another visit before we left.
Out of all the park resorts we have visited, this is by far the best, nothing is too much trouble for anyone.
Additional Activities were in place in the swimming pool of which the kids loved.
This was our 4th visit to this site, so your doing something right

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Raie B

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read that you are frequent visitor of California Cliffs and that you had another fantastic time whilst here.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your 5th visit, see you soon!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

This was our third consecutive year at California Cliffs and our first (and only) time we felt the need to complain. We had booked 2 caravans and had requested that they be close together - which we understood they would try their best to honour. On arrival we were allocated our caravans and were delighted to see that we had been put very close together. On entering our caravan we discovered another family in it! We went back to the Reception and were met with horrified expressions and total confusion. We were ignored for 10 minutes before we were given another caravan with no apology or explanation. It was a considerable distance from our family in the jointly booked caravan. I asked to see the manager and was (eventually) met by a very frosty and unhelpful woman who really needed some training in customer service. After a long delay, we finally managed to resolve the situation without any gesture of goodwill or apology from Park Resorts.
Our other family members fared no better as their caravan was overrun with ants. When they reported the problem, they were handed ant spray! They had a 1 year old baby and a dog and had to point out that the spray was not to be used around pets and children...They were eventually moved to another caravan but it meant we spent the entire holiday at different ends of the site.
The site itself is good, although I would like to share a few tips: Abigail's Tea Room is around the corner from the park and the food is much better - their cream tea is huge and they do lovely ice-cream sundaes. A little further up the road is a real fish and chip shop (not frozen chips!) and both are much better options than the onsite food outlets. Gorleston beach is a short drive away with free all day parking.

2  Thank joolz1910

Thank you for reviewing California Cliffs. I was pleased to read that you were a returning customer and that you enjoy coming to our park. I was very disappointed to read that you had an issue with the allocation of your caravan. Please accept my apologies that when you arrived at your allocated caravan another guest was already in it, this is a very rare situation and I am investigating how this occurred.

Regarding the ants, as we are in a rural location this can occur. Our team try to be proactive in preventing this, however on some occasions we do need to spray caravans to prevent them from entering.

I am pleased to inform you that we have just ordered a brand new chipper and rumbler for our onsite chip shop so that we will be able to provide fresh chips, and this will be installed within the next couple of weeks.

I was sorry to read that one of my managers came across as unhelpful, can I please ask you to contact me directly at gm.californiacliffs@park-resorts.com so that I can look into this matter for you.

We hope that you will return soon.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We have been to kessingland park is ok all thats needed but the evening entertainment very poor good for children, the adult entertainment is poor they seriously need to source proper entertainers and not just there employees singing.
I thought this year we would try California Cliffs in the hope it would be better but once again evening entertainment let them down.
We arrived on a saturday, went to make breakfast sunday morning only to find grill wasnt working and reported it imediately following Saturday when we left still no grill just not good enough.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for your review. I was sorry to read about your disappointment with our entertainment. We do try to cater for different tastes - we have visiting cabarets every week as well as our in-house shows and these are constantly reviewed throughout the season.

Regarding your grill, I was sorry to read that this was not rectified, can I ask that you contact me directly at gm.californiacliffs@park-resorts with your booking details so that I can investigate this matter further.

I hope that you will return to us in the future.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We have just got back from a weeks holiday in this resort and was very underwhelmed by the stay :( . There is very little in the way of entertainment and the kids didn't feel they got to know the staff as much as they have at other parks as there wasnt much for their ages , 15,14,12,8,7,5 and 1 and getting into the show bar was a joke you had to get outside 30 - 45 minutes before it opened to get a seat as the site is to big for the facilities :( . this also meant that you had to sit when the bingo was on other wise you couldn't get a seat. The staff where all very kind and welcoming . The pool was also to small for the size of the site only letting 75 people in at a time for 45 minutes.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review California Cliffs. I was sorry to read that you were underwhelmed with your stay. We constantly review and update our entertainment programme and were disappointed to read that you felt there was not enough for everyone in your party. We run a similar entertainment programme to our other resorts, and we hope that our entertainment teams do interact with all our guests - however the amount of interaction will depend on the amount of guests visiting us.

The facilities during peak times can get busy, however this only tends to be for short periods of time. We operate a band system for our swimming pool during busy periods to ensure that all of our guests can use the pool.

I hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely stay at this friendly , clean and well staffed site! The staff were helpful, and the entertainment on the evening was fantastic for young children and the arcade next door was great for teenagers! The pool was clean and well staffed and the whole park was spotless ! Great stay and would definitely return! 5*

Stayed: May 2014