We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Great Yarmouth
California Cliffs Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This is our second visit to this site. We arrived on the last weekend of the season. The check in was easy and friendly, and we checked in early so no waiting around. The caravan was clean and well equipt, with beds well made, fresh and clean. We got a personal visit and a phone call to make sure everything was ok . The swimming pool was as good as ever and we felt welcome and safe. The bar and restaurant were a bit limited in stock which was quite disappointing also the shop was very low in stock and shut on sunday which was a bit of a pain as we needed some milk. Apart from this you would not think it was the end of the season everyone was as friendly and helpful as our first visit which is very good as a lot of sites cant be bothered at the end, sort your shop and restaurant and you will be A*. The entertainment was great and still working very hard, very enjoyable. All in all a fantastic stay and we will return.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

4  Thank calypso80Luton
Park R, General Manager at California Cliffs Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Firstly thank you for returning it’s great to see guests come back it gives the team the ability to get to know people.

We make a point of ensuring your stay with us is the same whenever you come, and there is nothing more satisfying then getting your closing weeks right. We find that some of our guests may have a problem but consider the issue to be too small to come and see us hence why we courtesy call everyone that has checked in.

I am a little surprised with your comments on the restaurant we ensured we carried the correct stock to ensure a varied menu and apologise if this did not meet your expectations. I concur with your feedback on the shop which will not be repeated for the 2013 season.

Our success is built on the feedback we receive from our guests as this ensures we do not trip over the same rock twice. Thank you for your comments and we will hopefully see you again this year!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,119)

Reviewed November 21, 2012

i have to let you know after i had my holiday with you this year i recommended your park to my mum and dad, who recently stayed on your park after renting a caravan privately from a owner on your site,first of all they said the caravan was spotless and very welcoming perfect for they short break when they arrirved they were running very late and were very surprised by the welcome they had from the security members one name luke and a large chap they both interacted very well with my parents giving loads of info etc they are a credit to your company for my mum and dad to mention it is a very big deal trust me
they found all the amenities very good especially the breakfast in the mornings,the swimming pool looked very inviting had they packed heir swimsuits they may of eventured in
the entertainment they found was very child friendly and went on a little to long needs a bit more of swing towards the adults but the staff from bar and entertainments team were all very friendly and welcoming and alwaysed happy and smiling
on the second night my parents had a promlem with the heating system and call reception and a member of your security answered and within 5 mins they said same two security members that had booked my mum and dad the previoius night turned up and had the boiler up and running in minutes and a hour later they were both back to light the gas fire my mum and dad
said they they were both very cheerful and chatty and made them both feel very at home and thats a credit to you park resorts for employing very customer service aware staff well done we will all be returning next year sometime as a whole family, thank-you

1  Thank sue t

Hi Sue, two direct owner bookings in a row that’s great. If your parents are anything like mine it does take a lot to notice the small things and comment on them. Luke and Alan are a credit to the team and ensure that your experience matches that of the daytime team despite your time of arrival. I have made a note of your comments on the length of time the children’s entertainment goes on for and if I start to spot a trend we will change it. I’m delighted that your mum and dad spoke kindly of the security guys. Thank you for your comments which I have passed on to Luke & Alan. Thank you for writing the review and please thank your parents for noticing. We look forward to seeing you all again this year.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We booked the Caravan privately from the net as we were wary of booking a caravan through a newspaper promotion. The owners were fantastic - really welcoming and had an outstanding caravan. Everything was catered for, En suite toilet/ Central Heating - even a welcome pack. They took a real pride in their caravan, and it showed. We were on Kestrel Court, a 2 minute walk to the pool and Clubhouse. All paved for the car to park so no issues with mud. The Showbar was great for Children - and we did not encounter any issues with limited choice of drinks.The sound was not excessive, and certainly the children seemed to enjoy it as they all danced at the front of the stage.Pool was fine - Pedro the lifeguard was a credit to the Park, and should be praised for his customer service. Whether he was working at the pool or on Security, he was always pleasant and friendly.
Amusement area was smaller than the one opposite but at the end of the day, all machines are pretty much the same. It was in a good location - close to Yarmouth and its attractions/pleasure beach.We ate at Fatso's in Yarmouth 1 evening which was great value and good food. If you want loads more arcades and rides, there are more arcades up the road at Hemsby - about 5 minutes drive away. I find it hard to believe that we were at the same park as the other review, as we certainly did not encounter or see what she saw. With regards the pool viewing area, the pool is in front of the bar area, behind a window - with a seating area in front of the pool, so it would be very hard for anyone who is not swimming to get a good view of the pool. Please don't be put off by poor reviews - it is a lovely site - well located with truly lovely staff. OK - the shop was pretty poor, but you could buy tons of junk in Yarmouth if you wanted - and there are is a huge Tesco about a 3-4 minutes drive. If you want any more details on the Caravan and how to book, please drop me an E.Mail.

2  Thank mc47
Park R, General Manager at California Cliffs Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for your review. It’s great to read that you have had a great experience booking direct with the owner.

We try to ensure we hold all the ranges behind the bar and in the kitchen as we try to ensure you have the same experience at the end of the season as you would at the start. As I explained in a previous review we should not have any stocking issues in the shop for the October half term in 2013.

Our pool is at the highest level of cleanliness and safety whether you are swimming or not we have a place for you. I have passed on your comments to Pedro, which always draws a smile to his face as he has just returned and will be with us for the 2013 season!

The area is blessed with so much to do for all ages I have lived around the UK coastline for 25 years and this is where I chose to settle because it’s amazing. Thanks again for taking the time to write the review and we hope to see you back this year.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

On arriving at the park, I thought it was very clean and tidy and well looked after. My husband went to reception and got the keys and was out in minutes. We found our caravan easily.
I would agree with a previous reviewer, we have two young children and a baby and found that getting from the car to the caravan was a bit treacherous with all the churned up grass and mud. It would be a really good idea to have stones or some sort of paving.
Having booked through the sun newspaper, we decided to upgrade as we needed the heating. I am glad we did as it was freezing! There were heaters in all the bedrooms, and a gas fire in the lounge so we were all cosy.
The children loved the entertainment, even though it was end of the season the "teamstars" always put 100% in so credit to them! It got quite crowded as the evening wore on as you would expect. The part where they do bingo is a bit of a pain as you have to keep the kids quiet for 1/2 an hour or so(impossible!) and then the entertainment continues. It wasn't too bad though as we took them round the arcade and let them pretend to ride the cars/motorbike games.
We didn't eat in the bar as i was unimpressed with the menu, it seemed to be quite a lot of money for very basic food. We did have a coffee which was VERY expensive.
I can't comment on the swimming pool as we didn't use it, but it looked clean and well looked after.
We had a courtesy call from the park the day before we left who explained that the shop was just selling the basics and that there was a supermarket nearby, I thought this was a nice touch.
I would recommend this park to anyone with young children, it would be nice to come back in the summer

Room Tip: If you are going during the winter months..upgrade and get heating!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank nicolalloyd12

Hi Nicola, it’s great to read you had a speedy check-in. Sometimes we experience a queue due to multiple people arriving at the same time however we manage this by other team members mucking in and helping out to get you to your caravan as quickly as possible which I’m delighted we did. I do apologise for the condition of the grounds on this occasion. We have a program in place for pathways outside of the caravan which will take a few years to complete. Hopefully the rainfall will be a little kinder this year.

Fantastic, the Sun offer is amazing and must feel nice to grab a great deal, thank you for your upgrade and great to hear you were nice and cosy.

The Teamstars are superb and a credit to Park Resorts. I must apologise for the Bingo as we do try and find a balance in keeping everyone happy but I can appreciate, being a Father myself, how hard it can be to keep children entertained.

The menu has been much improved for the 2013 season with some great family deals. We try and call all of our guests before arrival to keep them up to date with what’s happening on park so thank you for noticing this. Thank you for your detailed feedback, we are always grateful for reviews as it helps us fix problems and recognise team members that have done well. We hope to see you again this summer!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Spent an end of season weekend here in November 2012, when we arrived at the mobile home we found that the gas had run out. we informed reception and within 10 minutes the gas had been changed, caravan was immaculate and had central heating.
Found the the staff that we met were very friendly and helpfull

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Hi Paul Firstly I must apologise that you ran out of gas, this does not normally happen as we change the bottles automatically. I am informed of any issues that do not deliver on your expectations hence why you received a replacement bottle so quickly. Thank you for your comments on the caravan, our Housekeeping team sometimes goes unnoticed so I will be sure to pass on your kind comments. Our team receive regular training and we generally only employ from the local area as we find they take more ownership in your experience. Thank you for noticing the detail and thanks for the review.

A TripAdvisor Member
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2012

the caravan was lovely and clean nice to have the beds made up ready for our arrival. we had a silver caravan and unfortunaty the was hardly any wardrobe/cupboard/drawer space in the bedrooms there were only 2 of us and space was short how you would cope if there were 4/6 in the caravan I don't know. there was also no where to hang coats.
on the plus side the sight was kept lovely and clean, the food in the reasturant was good and the fish and chips from the fish and chip shop were lovely (cooked while waited).
the shop did;nt have much stock but it was the end of the season. because of the wet weather the grass where the cars went to park by the caravans was very muddy with some very deep muddy tyre tracks.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am sorry you did not have enough storage space in your caravan. It is always helpful if when posting a review if you note your pitch number, we use Tripadvisor as a training tool to help identify trends with any complaints which gives us the ability not to repeat the same mistake.

Thank you for your comments regarding the food from the chip shop, we do cook to order to ensure your food is fresh although this can create a little more waiting time.

Unfortunately the shop is open on a seasonal basis so to carry the same amount of stock as we do in the summer would create too much wastage although we have made a commitment to improve stock levels for the final half term break in October.

The rain was heart breaking as we have a regular re-turfing schedule we could not keep up with due the level of rain last year. Let’s hope it will improve for the 2013 season. Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you back this year.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We arrived early afternoon and my first opinion of the park was small, we collected our keys in what appeared to be we first thought was the showbar, it was fairly small in size, with very small stage and not very welcoming at all. We asked and was glad to hear that there was in fact another Showbar..thank goodness... we collected our keys however our friends keys where not ready so we all descended on ours.
On finding our caravan, there was no parking area nearby that was concreted or paved, as the weather had been bad the grass area was somewhat churned by previous customers! This also meant on any occasion of leaving or returning to the caravan you had muddy shoes to contend with, so not great when with kids getting into and out of cars! Suggestion on paving some areas outside caravans would be of benefit.
I found it strange that the untidy/shoddy looking caravans and storage area used by obviously staff/cleaning/maintenance team was on the main road on view for all guests.
On visiting the Clubhouse the choice of drinks were very limited and considering that this was half term holidays i would have thought more of an effort would have been made in this area, while I fully understand the site would be closing and the gift shop was running down I would not have expected the main bar area to be doing the same, this was my first visit to a Park Resort Centre in 3 years and this experience would not make me want to return or recommend to a friend. The clubhouse is in need of a little tlc and the cleaning staff obviously need a refresher of how to clean the tables for the following evening. The sound system was also very overpowering especially for little ones ears and could have done with being turned down.
The amusements were of a pretty poor standard, quiet afew machines either not working or had frequent faults. The Waterside Bar (Where we had collected our keys from) is not an inviting place at all, and the menu was typed up on pieces of A4 white paper and stapled together, while I looked at the menu it did not in anyway entice me to purchase any food (Other members in our party did however and didn't rate it that good), the other uncomforting thing I found was how this bar is situated it gave a viewing area to the pool where I come across a man with beer appearing to be ogling the young ladies in swimwear using the pool.
The pool was obviously half closed due to the time of year, its of fair size with baby/toddler area which was freezing, and would suggest that people take in small bags and not use one that holds items for yourself, husband and child as the lockers are not large enough to hold them as we found.
The go kart area, and mini golf could do with a lick of paint but is very reasonably priced.
The areas that I would complement are the onsite chip shop, friendly bunch, and lovely food. Although the chips are priced at £1.99 they are of a very large size and could easily feed 3-4 people, the gift shop again friendly but obviously low on stock due to closing for the winter. We also visited the amusements over the road to the park after visiting the clubhouse and had much more fun over there than we had on the park itself, and the fast food outlet over the road also does a great Hot Dog when your in need of something after a good few drinks, and nothing is available on the Park.
Overall verdict, caravan we had was lovely but the park, and facilities could do with a great deal of redecoration and improvement.

Room Tip: Recommend Gold Plus/Platinum Caravans in colder months
1  Thank Sara F