“two night stay but wished it had been longer”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Great Yarmouth
The Trotwood Guest House
Ranked #14 of 100 Great Yarmouth B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“two night stay but wished it had been longer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

we stayed for two nights but wished it could have been a fortnight. On arrival we were greeted by ian, he is a really pleasant chap, friendly and curteous. we had room 2 which was very bright and airy, lovely and clean and with a stunning view, comfortable beds, complimentary tea, coffee,etc, towels changed every day and room cleaned every day. Ian and Sharon were the nicest people, the type that as soon as you meet them its like you have known them forever.The Trotwood has a parking bay for every room, so you are assured parking at all times not frightened to move the car in case theres no spaces when you return.Trotwood is within easy walking distance to all seafront activities and high street shops, an ideal location.I would have no hesitation in reccommending Trotwood to anyone.The food was first class, and if you felt like a late night snack it was provided with a smile.These lovely people deserve all the praise from these reviews, as they go the extra mile to make certain your stay with them is memorable.Long may they continue to welcome holiday makers through the doors of The Trotwood.

Room Tip: if you want a twin room its room 2.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank linda p

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

Hospitality fantastic, food fantastic, accomadation fantastic. Should be 10 star instead of 4 star, can't wait until my return visit.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank alanpinkney
nottingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

Over the past 25 years we have been visiting great yarmouth, in different hotels. In the past 5/6 years we have been staying at the trotwood and I wouldn't go anywhere else. Ian Sharon and Bobbie make you feel so welcome and nothing is too much trouble for them. In response to the comment made in July about the sainsbury sauce it was me and my wife that requested the sauce. We stay there 2/3 times a year and we will always come back.

Room Tip: all rooms have good views, no rooms are noisy unless you have your windows open.
3 Thank jayne c
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

Had a great weekend at the Trotwood thankyou so much for looking after us so well we will be back again soon love the breakfast we have been coming here for years now and Ian Sharon and Bobbie have been great and was very good to us when i came with my Mum and Antie for the week in July Chris & Bob Smith Northampton

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chriseybabe
Thetford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

We were greeted on arrival,room was beautiful,clean & airywith lovely view of bowling greens & beach.Good parking.Very friendly atmosphere and extremely helpful.Felt really comfortable.Breakfast menu was comprehensive and food was well served & good quality ingredients well cooked.

Room Tip: We had room 10on the top floor & it was 1st class.Only down was the shower was a bit small for...
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

This was our first stay at The Trotwood and we were made to feel exceptionally welcome from the minute the owner Ian opened the door. He took time out to chat before showing us around the guest house and then to our room. Our room was on the top floor with a stunning view over the sea and the guest house itself is so central that we parked the car on arrival and never used it again till we left! The guest house was spotlessly clean with fresh towels every day, and complimentary tea and coffe and biscuits etc in the room which were also topped up daily or on request. The breakfast menu was extensive and delicious and again nothing was too much trouble.
Ian and Sharon were the perfect hosts with a terrific sense of humour and catered to our every need. Having read a review that was not too complimentary I can honestly say that there were no cheap ingredients used in their guest house-in fact they went out of their way to supply you with everything you asked for.
We will certainly be going back to The Trotwood for another visit and as we have family living close to Great Yarmouth who Ian and Sharon also made very welcome we will be looking to make it a regular thing.
I can more than highly recommend this guest house, for cleanliness, location, views and most importantly customer service that is second to none!

1 Thank julie6797
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

Myself and my wife had originally booked to stay at the saffron guest house however due to a double booking we ended up at the trotwood which was arranged by the saffron.and what can I say well I will say this what a fantastic place to stay this is it's a charming well appointed building with a lovely decor .on arrival we were greeted by Ian who checked us in and showed us to our room which was on the second floor ,the room was light and airy the beds all made up impeccably ,the view was absolutely stunning looking out onto the beech.On the 1st morning we went down for breakfast, and had our order taken by Ian ,the wife and I went for the full English with toast ,tea and fruit juice ,when it arrived it was presented beautifully and tasted great, I believe ians better half cooks the breakfast and I can honestly say it was 1st class ,I read someone's review a bit further down that said the breakfast ingredients were the cheapest of the cheap ,I can say I did not find this statement to be accurate at all, and the comment about the Ian and sharons attitudes being all wrong ,well in my opinion I find this comment very hard to believe ,because from the minute we arrived to the minute we left nothing was too much trouble,I would recommend the trotwood to everyone , and we will be returning next year ,and look forward to seeing Ian and Sharon then I hope you find this review helpful .again many thanks to everyone at the trotwood all the best Ian & Julie from York .

Room Tip: Room 10 stunning view