“great place”

King's Lodge Private Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Great Yarmouth
King's Lodge Private Hotel
Ranked #52 of 99 Great Yarmouth B&B and Inns
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“great place”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

stayed here for a weeks family holiday the hotel was in exellent order and martin the owner was a lovely chap. the breakfast was fabulous, martin always made sure we got what we wanted. the room we had was very tastfully decorated and with plenty of room. its in a very quiet location but everything within easy reach, we only used our car once and that for a day at bewilderwood which is apprx half hours drive which is brill for kids from 4 to teens. i would defitnatley use this hotel again when we visit great yarmouth.oh and i would definatley recommend anyone to visit the hippodrome to watch the circus performance it is absolutley amazing.

Room Tip: family rooms ample space
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2011

We have recently spent 4 nights with Martin, the breakfast is excellent, the rooms are clean and tidy, and a very friendly place. We have spent the last 5 years holidaying in Great Yarmouth and would not choose anywhere else to stay. Would highly recommend. Already booked a return trip for June 2011>
Linda and Ken (Bolton)

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank lynnehargrove
Redhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2011

I have visited Great Yarmouth every April for the last 15 years to attend a Soul Weekender. I have therefore experienced many guest houses and for the past 5 years have stayed at the Kings Lodge. I can honestly say it is the best of all of them. All the right boxes are ticked, cleanliness, friendly owner, Martin, great brekkie, value for money and the location is spot on being in a quiet side street but only a stones throw from the sea front / town centre.
Make your reservation with confidence !!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank isaachayes
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2010

My wife and I had an excellent couple of nights at this hotel. Martin the owner was very friendly and chatted both mornings to us which was quite pleasant. The breakfast was superb and very sufficient. The room was very clean and tidy and the hotel is in a good location quite close to the beach and not far from the shops and amenities. We would recommend this hotel and we hope to come here again

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SLIGOMAC
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I stayed for 2 nights and the room was booked for me through my work, the place is very clean and the owners appear friendly. Through my work I have to charge up various batteries which takes about 4/5hrs, the power use is nominal, after the first night one of the owners noticed the battery chargers in my room and then confronted me as I was trying to leave for work with a demand for money to pay for the electricity used, I stop away very frequently with my work and numerous b&b's, hotels etc and have never been asked for money before. In the awkward conversation that followed I basically offered the owner £10 as I had no change and just to get away from the place and he took it!! £10 for 2 days electricity!! To say my opinion of the place changed would be an understatement, and I couldn't wait to leave. Now I understand that times are hard and that small business's need to be cost effective but this kind of attitude to guests will not encourage repeat custom, I'll never go there again like the other people leaving the other bad reviews on here.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Aryanmenace
Reviewed August 9, 2010

This hotel was very clean and service was very good as well,location was good also not far from the beech and shops.Martin the owner is a very nice guy and he see's that your alright.the hotel did have a bar in the lobby but never opened while we was there,but this wasn't a problem,there was bars just down the road.

• Stayed September 2010
Blackburn Lancs.
Reviewed June 22, 2010

My wife and I stayed for a week and found everything perfect. Martin the owner was very friendly and went the extra mile if requested. The room was probably the cleanest we have ever had and the breakfasts were great. There was also an area out at the rear which was grassed and enclosed which would have been ideal for families with young children as a safe play area. We will return

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple