“simply the best”

Tudor House
Ranked #26 of 100 Great Yarmouth B&B and Inns
“simply the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

A very clean B&B. Clean rooms. A good selection at breakfast, all very well presented without a greasy plate in sight.!!!!!!!!!! Paul and Caroline the perfect hosts very helpful and very friendly. They tell you the best places to eat and where to go. Could not fault anything. Would def stay here again and would def recommend to everyone. Excellent all round.

Room Tip: Room 5 was very clean and fresh. A comfortable double bed. Situated to the rear of the house with an...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Filey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

Excellent accommodation and service. Rooms spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated. Breakfast menu extensive and nothing too much trouble. Close to the beach - couldn't ask for more. I would recommend Tudor House to anybody.

• Stayed July 2012
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights, excellent location for all of Yarco's attractions, Caroline and Paul very helpful and friendly, could not complain about the room or the very tasty breakfast. As a frequent traveller around the country this stay was one of the best value for money I have stayed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

I regularly work in Great Yarmouth and the company that I freelance for have booked me into the Tudor House on a number of occasions. Although Paul and Caroline appear very pleasant, don't be fooled by their superfical charm.

On a few of my visits there I was joined by a colleague. On one occasion, while breakfasting together, we were asked to reduce our morning conversation to a whisper, as Paul considered our normal conversational voices to be too loud! On another occasion a colleague was due to arrive late in the evening. Paul asked me what time he would be arriving, I did not know so I tried calling him on his mobile telephone. The mobile went straight to answer phone and therefore I could not give Paul an answer. Although it was nothing to do with me, it didn't stop Paul constantly bugging me until 10.30pm, as to my colleague's whereabouts.

The final straw was Paul accusing me of peeing in the en-suite shower and asking me to clean it. I did not pee in the shower and informed him of this, to which he called me a liar. The man was clearly taking the p*ss. So I left, never to return again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights in August 2011, in the family room, We had 3 very comfortable nights here, The beds were comfortable and very clean, we could not fault this at all.We had a tasty breakfast cooked fresh every day, with the options of cereal and fresh fruit salad, the rooms were replenished daily. We also found Paul and Caroline to be very friendly and helpful, they had a great knowledge of the local area and what there guests wanted. In particular, they advised us to go to the merrivale tea rooms, where we had a fantastic meal, there was lots to do for our daughter as well. We came back every day we were there, for tea and cakes. The accomodation was close to the seafront so you could walk in minutes, the only thing i could say was that it could be noisy at night outside if you had the windows open, this is due to people returning home. But not a big problem and unavoidable. We would definitely return again if visiting great yamouth.
Thank you Paul and Caroline for making our stay so great.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank hazel1900
london uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stayed just from the Friday till Sunday. Lovely guest house and Paul and Caroline could not make you feel more welcome, excellent hosts. The rooms were immaculate, clean and modern. Lots of local knowledge and sight seeing leaflets in the public area for you to take with a great range of restaurants and attractions. Full english breakfast very tasty and varied menu. Free parking permit for our car for the weekend definately a bonus as the seafront is only a couple of minutes walk. Will be booking again for next September.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

Paul and Caroline are two of the nicest people i have had the pleasure of meeting,from my initial contact to the time i arrived they looked after me with such care and kindness.Immaculately clean and fresh,attention to detail and nothing too much trouble,i needed to leave early the morning after my stay,Paul and Caroline had no hesitation in breaking with usual times for breakfast and i had the most wonderful meal,freshly prepared and piping hot!!I cannot praise Paul and Caroline highly enough,if i needed anything there was no hesitation in making sure i was catered for no matter what time or what was requested,they genuinely care for their guests,it is easy to see why many guests return and i shall be going to stay with them again on my next visit to the area,i highly recommend anyone to stay with Paul and Caroline...you will not be disappointed!!I travel all over the country and they are by far the best i have stayed with.We forget these owners work incredibly long and tiring days and yet they still have time for you no matter what time you arrive or what demands we place on them!!My only disappointment...i couldn't stay longer because i had to travel home the next day!!Thank you to Paul and Caroline and your lovely daughter too...i look forward to coming to stay with you again very soon...i hope you get a well earned rest soon...you deserve it...you are such a wonderful warm caring family...best wishes and kind regards Paul.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business