“A warm welcome and great cake!”
Review of The White Lodge

The White Lodge
Ranked #1 of 100 Great Yarmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were made to feel very welcome when we arrived and were greeted by George the dog as well as Jean who showed us round and made sure we knew where everything was and how to access the free wifi etc. We stayed for one night, room 4 is small but best use had been made of the space available and it had everything you could need for a short stay with plenty of tea and coffee, a cute little jar of biscuits and even fresh flowers. The room was nicely decorated with a seaside theme spotlessly clean and comfortable. Breakfast is plentyful with as much toast, cereal, yoghurt, fruit juice, tea and coffee as you want as well as good range of cooked options, there was even home made banana and date loaf for guests to take for later - which we did and it was really nice!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

It was the first time we had stayed at the White Lodge and would definitely return. Jean and Eddie were brilliant hosts and looked after their guests in very way they could to ensure you had a restful peaceful holiday. The rooms were clean and tidy and replenished daily and for the first time ever we would have liked to have bought the bed home with us!!
George even makes you welcome, as long as you give him a stroke

This is the place to stay if you what a home from home atmosphere

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I came here with my mum just to get away from work and everything for a couple of days. Were a bit late checking in because of traffic but it didn't seem to be a problem. Our room was really pretty, and very clean! We slept well both nights and we had plenty of tea and coffee in the room, cause some places are really stingy. Breakfast was also really nice and fast as well! You could have as much toast, juice and cake as you wanted and you could even go back during the day to grab something :) Overall we had a lovely time and wouldn't hesitate to come back here next time we're down. Jean was lovely and made us feel very at home :D Thank you for a lovely stay!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2013

had a great time at the White Lodge Hotel nothing was to much trouble for Jean @ Eddie it was spotlessly clean and the breakfast was all you could want and lots of it cooked just how you want it . Jean @ Eddie make you very welcome @ both work very hard making it a great place to stay and also George very friendly dog make it most enjoyable will certainly go back . June @ Ron

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Well what can i say about the White Lodge it is just out of this world very very friendly nothing is to much trouble to the fact I phoned Jean a few days before we were coming in june she said what time were you leaving I said abput 9.30 to get there about 11.30 she said come straight here I will make sure your room is ready.
The food is excellent the rooms and cleanliness is outstanding by far the best hotel in great yarmouth and george the dog is outstanding and not forgetting Edie the best cook in town especially the scrambled eggs.
We went back for a second break in september for a few days we had room number 1 which was very comfortable and well stocked with tea, coffee and biscuits and lovely fresh towels everyday.
I think the comment a gentleman sent too trip advisor a few weeks ago about the hotel in my mind was outragous to say jean and edie were no where to be found too me she does not stop 24/7, 7 days a week and is always available to ask and help

From Mick and Sue
Clacton On sea
Essex

Room Tip: Room number 1 is on the ground floor shoudl that be more suitable for you.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 149mick
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We have been staying at the White Lodge since 2009 and I am always amazed how many times the rooms are decorated. We stayed in room 7 and yes (lol) it had been decorated again. New Light pine furniture and pristine walls. The bathroom is also new though I loved the other one I wont say the old one as nothing at the lodge is allowed to get old. I love staying at the back of the Hotel overlooking the garden it is soooo peaceful.The breakfasts are all cooked to order and as I have Diabeties and a need of a low fat diet Eddie and Jean always make sure I have what I need. I emailed Jean with my needs and as always my food was cooked and served with a smile. Thanks Eddie for taking the time to help me with my guitar scales I appreciate you are both busy people but you still found the time to print out the said scale sheets for me. I heard Jean on the phone finding information for a guest with no car so he could go and see the broads. No request is ever ignored which the bigger chain Hotels ( sorry I keep forgetting the White Lodge is a B&B) would do well to follow instead of pointing to the brochures and saying take a look for yourself. George is his usual lovely self and is so well behaved although now of course he is an elder statesman in doggy years. We will be back in the Autumn and always look forward to our visits. Respect to you both Jean and Eddie for your continuing care of your guests and I was not surprised to see all your awards especially the ones for the friendliest Guesthouse.

Room Tip: All the rooms are decorated to the same high standards. Room 1 is the biggest facing the sea. Room...
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have just spent 3 lovely nights at the White Lodge and feel thoroughly spoilt, the rooms were comfortable and spotless and the cooked breakfast to die for. A big thank you to Jean & Eddie for making me feel so welcome and a special hug to George the dog who greeted me every day as if he was my own. I will definitely be returning for more visits

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo