“Nice looking pub good value”

The Old White Beare
Ranked #38 of 297 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Old White Beare is a family run pub and restaurant. All the dishes are made and prepared fresh onsite by our team of chefs. We offer a good selection of well kept cask ales, beers, fantastic Malt Whisky selection and a quality wine list.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Nice looking pub good value”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a nice olde worlde pub in a good village on the edge of Bradford luckily far enough out that one does not have to compete with the usual Bradford driver who frankly should not be trusted with a goat and stick.The pub has a good choice of beer and great food at very reasonable prices,in a lovely setting.Staf are freindly and helpful.

Visited October 2012

Bradford, United Kingdom
“Very Warm Atmosphere”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We had Family gathering of 10 and we were well accomadated. Food was scrumptues mmm. Although Menu limited, but unusual,I felt we paid a little bit extra on some of the dishes.

Nice bar area were you mix with the locals and the waitress kindly brings you to the table when they are ready for you.

Visited May 2012
Haworth, United Kingdom
“Lovely pub, food very nice, but nothing special”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Great food, by pub standards, but not restaurant quality. Lovely ambient atmosphere and surroundings, but definitely in the pub category and not restaurant. I would highly recommend for a great meal after a long walk, or a sunday afternoon roast or something.

Visited December 2011
Leeds, United Kingdom
“I would like this as my local”
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Everything you would want in a local. Nice building, nice gardens(although too cold to sit out), good beer and excellent value for money traditional, but not dull, food.

I really do wish this was my local as it has. Everything you could ever want. The whole family was made welcome. Six different starters, six different main courses. All served pipping hot, all plates went back empty which given how full they were says everything about food.

Well worth a trip.

Halifax, United Kingdom
“Happy birthday indeed”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

For my birthday lunch today, we decided to stay close to home and once again this most charming of pub/restaurants has impressed with its cosy ambiance, warm and friendly hospitality and excellent food. My husband chose soup of the day which was parsnip with honey. The portion was huge and he thoroughly enjoyed it. We both had delicious beer battered haddock which is XXL at least, beautifully presented with a dainty bowl of mushy peas, tartar sauce and ought to have been hand-cut chips. However, on this occasion we both decided to forego the chips (which I have had here before and are extremely gorgeous) and requested mash for my husband and a small salad for me. He was already filling up with the soup/bread and I was saving room for the dessert.

Oh yes, dessert... The menu is bad news if you are trying to keep your weight down. After a brief discussion with the management I confirmed my decision: Sticky toffee pudding with date compote, toffee sauce and other delicious trimmings. It was decadence on a plate, with Happy Birthday written in chocolate. My thanks to Chef for a lovely gesture and another very enjoyable meal.

• Visited October 2012