“Will stay again”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Halifax
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Will stay again”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Booked the White Swan as a last minute thing, and afterwards checked with some Halifax friends. They winced when I told them we were staying there. However, it was excellent. The staff were incredibly friendly, and helpful, especially the breakfast staff.
The room was really comfy with a great walk in shower. The quietness was brilliant too.
Next time we are in Halifax, then it's the White Swan for us :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Colin L, Manager at The White Swan Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to write your thoughts on the Hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us recently and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Crestview, Florida
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This hotel is fabulous! The rooms were great, and the bed was the most comfortable bed I've been on in a hotel! The bathrooms were extremely clean, and the water pressure was fantastic in the shower! The breakfast was great as well! The staff were very friendly and helpful!! Would definitely recommend this hotel and will be staying here again!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write your review I will pass your kind words onto the staff. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us recently and hopefully look forward to seeing you in the future.
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights for business. The staff are very friendly and extremely helpful. The mattress was the best I have slept on in any hotel, the room was very clean, warm and comfortable. Water pressure was excellent in the shower, breakfast excellent with again fabulous friendly helpful staff. I shan't mention the strawberries. A couple of things let the hotel down - rubbish cotton wool pillows, shower gel not replaced, towel very thin and bathroom could do with a general upgrade - I was in room 206. However I would return to this hotel in a heartbeat such a warm welcome is priceless.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Colin L, Manager at The White Swan Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Firstly I would like to say thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay, in particular the staff and the bedroom facilities. Your comments have been noted about the bathroom. Once again, thank you for writing the review and we look forward to seeing you again if you plan to stay in Halifax.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I often have to work from Halifax, and so when I need to stay over, I wouldn't stay anywhere else than the White Swan.
The staff are lovely & friendly, and always welcoming.
They go out of their way to be helpful & make my stay very pleasant,
I usually have room 105, as I love the wet room!! But this time I had a large room with a couch & TV at one end of the very large bedroom. It was massive!
My only comment would be that the road the hotel is on is very noisy, so if you're a light sleeper, get a room at the back.
The restaurant next door is out of this world & I will be reviewing that straight after this!
All in all, a wonderful place to stay, and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, suggest you ask for a room at the rear.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Colin L, Manager at The White Swan Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and continue to stay with us each time you're in Halifax. I will inform staff of your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2012

A trip back to my old town Haliax,for a very sad occasion,stayed at the white swan hotel.from booking in ,the car was parked for me,the reception lady Stacey was warm and welcoming,and professional.the room clean and warm,next morning down for breakfast,a great breakfast with a good Yorkshire brew,the whirl wind Audrey,scooting around the tables,with warm friendly service.So if you want a welcoming hotel in the centre of Yorkshire,there is no better than The White Swan Hotel,thanks for taking my mind of a sad occasion,many thanks.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Colin L, Manager at The White Swan Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
We have just received your review and would like to say many thanks for taking the time to review your thoughts of the hotel on Trip Advisor. It was lovely to hear you enjoyed your stay and were happy with the staff and accommodation. I will pass on your kind words.
Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel is excellent value for money, and the warm and friendly staff really do their utmost to deliver the best customer service. The room was immaculately clean, comfortable and well-appointed. Reception parked out car for us, and, although I know can be problematical we had no trouble. It is, in any case, hardly surprising as the hotel is right in the centre of the city, in a very attractive street. Bit noisy on the Saturday night, but nothing like New York or Kathmandu!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Colin L, General Manager at The White Swan Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on your stay. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to hopefully seeing you in the future.
England
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Booked the White Swan for a weekend break. The price was low, so we weren't expecting much. However, on arrival we were surprised at the quality of the place. Staff on reception were very friendly and helpful, and when we opened the door to our room, we were amazed at the cleaniness, and decor. Well thought out use of space, lovely comfy bed, and excellent views over Halifax. Bathroom excellent, shower perfect, and plenty of fresh clean towels. Absolute value of money, and they even parked my car for me in the free car park across the road. Well done White Swan, great example of how a hotel should be ran.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Colin L, General Manager at The White Swan Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. It's always lovely to hear when guests have enjoyed their stay. It's good to know the money we have spent on refurbishment including the new beds is received well. I'll let the staff know they were appreciated, thank you again.