Kirk Lea Guest House
$46
Good 3.5/5
$71
Great 4.5/5
The Imperial Crown Hotel(Halifax)(Great Value!)
$51
    PremierInn.com
    All reviewsb bpearlhuddersfieldbreakfastmicrowavesleep
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed June 30, 2012

Kirk lea is an exceptional b and b. A warm and friendly welcome, helped instilled a home from home atmosphere. Location provided a perfect base for business as well as facilitating leisure activities. Overall i would recommend Kirk Lea, as breakfast was perfectly cooked and plentiful.

• Stayed: June 2012
    1  Thank Thetravndnf
    Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

Thank you for your pleasant comments. It was good to meet you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Rooms are quite pricey for what you get. Bathroom in serious need of professional maintenance as its grubby and falling to bits.
    Indian owner not investing money in making a quality B&B experience!

• Stayed: May 2012
    3  Thank marineboy66
    KirkHalifax, Owner at Kirk Lea Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Hi, thank you for your comments. We hope you enjoyed your stay otherwise and sorry if the bathroom was found not to be up to your standard. We’ve recently restarted the redecoration. Have a look at our recent photo’s on our website.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

I made my reservation several months ago when invited to a Wedding nearby.
    Before reserving, I read the web site thoroughly and was pleased with what I read hence my booking.
    On arrival the alarm bells rang and that was just looking at this place from the outside. I was greeted by the very pleasant John and shown to my room. Although clean enough, the room was in a really bad state of repair and the decor was extremely tired to say the least.
    When I go away, I expect a decent standard of accomodation and this fell way short. I was really annoyed as I had travelled a long way to get here. The Kirk Lea Guest House website is extremely misleading and there are lots of issues within the room I was due to stay in. The window would not close, there was a burn on the polystyrene light fitting and the floor was very uneven. The furniture was very worn and damaged and nothing matched at all, not an attempt to look "shabby chic" I can promise.
    There have been some attempts to decorate by the current staff who are well aware of the appearance of the place and were very apologetic when I approached them with my impression of the place. They were helpful and could not have done more to assist me in finding a suitable alternative.
    This review in no way reflects on John and Val who are lovely people and I wish them well for the future!.

Room Tip: Simply book somewhere else!
    • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
    5  Thank Crikeytrev
    KirkHalifax, Owner at Kirk Lea Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Hi, Thank you for your comments. Agreed the staff at Kirk Lea Guest House are very helpful and always try to help. Sorry we were not up to your expectations. With regards to the furnishing, window closer and floor board that needs screwing down will be looked into this weekend, if the room is free. Thanks you.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed her in early December 2011, we can not match the place we stayed with the reviews we read. The whole place is tired and worn out, the curtains were thin and let in the light from the street lamp outside. It is opposite the hospital and the ambulance sirens kept us awake. There is a kettle in the room but it is hard to fill in the tiny sink and the lead was not long enough to allow you to boil it on the table, my wife had to crawl under what passed as a dressing table to plug it in and allow it to boil on the floor. The bathroom had no heating and the sink was tiny and did not match the WC which had a cracked lid that had been repaired with mastic that had gone brown. It advertises free parking, that is true but not quite what I had in mind you are given a parking permit that allows you to park in the street. Everything was worn out, the bedding the curtains and most of the fixtures and fittings. we booked for 2 nights but made our excuses and left after the first. The breakfast was good but I will never be tempted to stay there again.

Room Tip: Go to the Premier Inn
    • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
    6  Thank Chaz007
    Reviewed December 22, 2011

Very nice B&B, rooms clean and cosy. Good rates, including a fantastic full breakfast, freshly prepared even at 6am in the morning. Will very happily stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo