“******* Fantastic ********”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Halifax
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“******* Fantastic ********”
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Stayed at this Hotel for 1 night at the beginning of September and have to say quite the little gem. Our room was very well decorated and the bed very comfortable indeed. It is obvious this hotel has been refurbished and what a fantastic improvement, the staff are very friendly, check-in was very smooth and the breakfast a joy, if your looking for an Hotel in this area then look no further, well done.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Doncaster, Yorkshire
Reviewed September 6, 2010

My husband and I attended a family members Wedding at this hotel, it was a lovely day and everything was really well organised, the Wedding Breakfast was excellent.

We did not stay overnight, as all the rooms had already been booked out by the main Wedding party.

As other reviewers have stated the hotel was taken over in April and has under gone a re-furb.

If we where in the area again, we would return to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Yorkshire
Reviewed August 31, 2010

Quite obvious that the hotel has been newly refurbished - very nicely decorated but niggling issues with things like the shower and room fittings. However the staff are very helpful and happy to sort out anything you bring to their attention.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Bedrooms very modern but very comfortable, king size beds you could turn over in without falling out, the bathroom was superb with a large bath and separate shower. I was intrigued by the hydraulic toilet seat, just touch downwards and it came down on its own, slowly. There was a couch and large screen television in the bedroom, tea and coffee making facilities and a separate, easy to use alarm clock. Best bit of the stay apart from a lovely breakfast was a snack on the patio at around 3pm, the kitchen was closed but we were told 'order what you like, no problems.' The order arrived very quickly, superbly presented and good value for money. The drinks were served from the bar, white wine was well chilled and good quality, the Timothy Taylor's ale was clear and creamy. Breakfast was filling, a full English is offered as well as Continental, so we had the full English and we were full !! Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
England
Reviewed August 17, 2010

I booked the hotel last minute, and was absolutely enthrawled with it, The Check in was warm, Friendly and speedy. The Manager personally showed me to my room which had been recently refurbed (as had the rest of the hotel) The finish was modern and comfortable.

We went to the again newly refurbished restaurant and bar, for our evening meal and found a great selection of food on the menu, I had the beer battered fish and chips and my colleague had the chicken chausser, both were very well presented and tasted just as nice.

We stopped in the bar for a few drinks, that were reasonably priced, and chatted with the very friendly husband and wife management team, who were more than happy to pass on there knowledge of the surrounding areas,

When I retired to my room I found the bed extremely comfortable and got a very good nights sleep (which I do struggle with in most hotels)

In the morning I chose to stick with the included in the room price continental breakfast, which again was very tasty, you can pay extra and have a full English breakfast, which I could only imagine is worth every penny, if the evening meal was anything to compare it against.

All in all I would not hesitate in recomending this hotel to anyone and will definately return there when I am working in the area again,

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Rochdale
Reviewed July 30, 2010

If you visit this hotel then you will most certainly be returning . It is a family run business and by the time you are leaving you feel part of the family . We have visited on a few occassions now as they have excellent entertainment on we have been to see Robbie Williams there and also Diana Ross and on the both occassions we have had a fantastic night . The food is very scrumptious and plenty of it . The rooms are beautifull and have been furnished very very well and as for the breakfast well .......... say no more but try it out for yourself . Nick and her family are lovely genuine people . A big must to go and visit .

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank suddyrochdale
Spennymoor
Reviewed June 17, 2010

I have recently stayed at this fantastic hotel for 2 days, as i was away on business. As I entered the car park, I was very pleased with my choice, ample free car parking, a beautiful hotel in a gorgous setting. Check-in was friendly and swift, the bedroom had been refurbished to a very high standard, very comfortable beds and pillows, Digital Freeview TV, bathroom was small although very very nice with a state of the shower to die for. All in all perfect for the corporate market. I had the delightful pleasure in meeting the owners of the property during my stay, although they were new to the industry there passion for the business ouses out of them. Everyone I encountered during my stay was so warm & friendly and nothing was too much trouble. A real home from home in a great refurbished property. When i normally travel to different hotels Wi-fi is a deal breaker for me. So i was again very pleased they had high speed Wi-fi accesible in my bedroom and bar area at no extra cost, on this occasion i did not have the pleasure in sampling the food but if everything else was to go by i'm sure that would hit the spot also. I would like to wish the Hotel,Owners & staff all the very best for the future I can only see the business growing from strength to strength. As a Gm in the industry myself I know you will not need it.

Chris

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ChrisBowron
Also consider these accommodations in or near Halifax
Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant
#7 of 10 in Halifax
The Rock Hotel
The Rock Hotel
#10 of 10 in Halifax

Been to The Tower House Hotel? Share your experiences!