“Clean, quiet and friendly”

The Tower House Hotel
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Halifax
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Clean, quiet and friendly”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We stayed here as part of a function and is probably only reason why people would stay here. Not in a horrible way, but wouldn't really suit a person staying as part of a holiday as there are no facilities, it's quite isolated and mainly consists of function rooms and a bar.

Staff were really helpful and friendly, rooms were well laid out, modern and really clean (fab bathrooms and shower).

Bathroom was slightly disappointing as only continental style is offered with room price and its pretty average. However, pay £7 or so and you can have a full English which wasn't bad and is set out in a large, modern conservatory.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank LSM2000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Stayed here 31st March, a friend was having her 40th birthday party there, checked in at 3pm upto the room, down to the bar at 5.30, few drinks then changed and party time.
everything about the place was brilliant, all the staff, the food at the party, the room everything.
The bedrooms where a good size with a really comfy bed, not that i can remember much about sleeping. Breakfast served until 10am and it was yummy
All in all a brilliant night and a brilliant place to stay

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mickrandy
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Stayed here to attend friends birthday. Lovely hotel, room a little small but modern, clean and bright. Staff were extremely helpful and welcoming nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was delicious and again nothing was a problem. Surroundings were peaceful and grounds were well maintained. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank day_c10
london
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Quite a find of a hotel, petite, perfectly formed and welcoming. Was in the area for business and found the hotel to be most accomodating. Especially appreciated the flexibility and personal service they provide. Ended up staying here Sunday to Friday for the two weeks I was in the area. Have already booked my next business trip with them for April.
Would highly recommend

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank markovich
Brighouse, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2012

went for a night away from kids . Went there for a meal a few years ago always said we would come back again. Was like home from home staff throughly charming and really knew their menu. Only reason I put very good was didnt realise the size of the bath but next time we know bridal suite !!!! I didnt ask for a big bath nor did I say anything because I do believe the staff would have moved us and I didnt want to appear fussy. Room was fab though and POWER SHOWER didnt want to leave the room. Bed was soooooooo comfy x At the night we ate in the restaurant Starter of Spicy crabs fantansic yummy I had Lamb Shank which fell off the bone delightfully my other half had the mixed grill and was warned by Emma (Waitress) dont attempt unless you are a very big eater this was a challenge which my other half took on but was beaten very quickly lol overall throughly enjoyable stay would recommend to anyone i am even looking into holding my wedding there ! x

Room Tip: If you want the proper romantic break book the bridal suite cos of the hugh bath x
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank donnascatchard
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I stayed for two nights and on my own. I felt totally comfortable in this hotel, as the staff were so friendly. It is not far outside Halifax centre though taxi required. I did not go outside the hotel as it appeared to be in a residential area, with cobble streets so heels would have been ruined. The decor is modern though warm too. The food was spot on, and service was excellent. My room number 4 was tiny, though the space was well used. Really comfy bed, I dont sleep well away from home, but I did here. If you are looking for value for money, clean, good food, great staff, somewhere to relax then this is the place I would recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 427Marie
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I’ve been working in Halifax for quite a while now. Usually when working away, I tend to try various hotels. I was at another hotel for my first 2 weeks, and then I thought I’d try the Tower House......5 months later I’m still here, Monday to Friday every week.

Every aspect about this hotel is top notch. The room I usually stay in, is always extremely clean, has a very large bathroom (which has a bath tub and separate power shower), flat screen TV and a comfy bed.

I’m always staying in hotels across the country and the staff (from reception to chefs) at the Tower House are one of the best and friendliest I’ve have seen. They are always willing to go the extra mile to make their guests welcome, which I have experienced on numerous occasions. To top it off the food at the hotel is very good (try the lamb pie if it’s on the specials).

I'd like to say thank you to all the staff at the Tower House for making me feel very welcome and always helping out with the little things when required.

One of the best things i've found about staying in a smaller hotel (rather than a large chain) is the personal touch offered. If I’m ever around Halifax again for business or pleasure, I would defiantly stay at the Tower House – highly recommended.

Room Tip: I always stayed in room 8 - large comfy bed and a huge bathroom
Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Randeep B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Halifax
Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant
The Imperial Crown Hotel
The Rock Hotel
The Rock Hotel
#10 of 10 in Halifax

Been to The Tower House Hotel? Share your experiences!