“Great hotel, fantastic staff, highly recommended”

The Tower House Hotel
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Halifax
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, fantastic staff, highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

I’ve been working in Halifax for quite a while now. Usually when working away, I tend to try various hotels. I was at another hotel for my first 2 weeks, and then I thought I’d try the Tower House......5 months later I’m still here, Monday to Friday every week.

Every aspect about this hotel is top notch. The room I usually stay in, is always extremely clean, has a very large bathroom (which has a bath tub and separate power shower), flat screen TV and a comfy bed.

I’m always staying in hotels across the country and the staff (from reception to chefs) at the Tower House are one of the best and friendliest I’ve have seen. They are always willing to go the extra mile to make their guests welcome, which I have experienced on numerous occasions. To top it off the food at the hotel is very good (try the lamb pie if it’s on the specials).

I'd like to say thank you to all the staff at the Tower House for making me feel very welcome and always helping out with the little things when required.

One of the best things i've found about staying in a smaller hotel (rather than a large chain) is the personal touch offered. If I’m ever around Halifax again for business or pleasure, I would defiantly stay at the Tower House – highly recommended.

Room Tip: I always stayed in room 8 - large comfy bed and a huge bathroom
Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Randeep B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

What can I say! My husband and I went to the Norman Hunter night on 2nd March and it was absolutely fantastic! We got a fabulous suite with a huge king size bed and a luxurious bathroom with bubbly brought to our room courtesy of Rob. We had a gorgeous meal, nothing could be faulted, "Leeds and Potato Soup", Roast Beef and Cheescake, (coloured in blue, yellow and white)! The comedian was hilarious and the whole night was a complete and utter success. After a lovely night's sleep, we had a delicious full english before making our way back home.
I would like to say a personal thank you to Rob and Nicola who make every event at The House a great success, nothing is too much trouble and everything is always perfect! I wish you all the look in the world, you have a fabulous hotel with great staff and great surroundings. We WILL be back!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cwood85
Halifax UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

We won a competition with the local radio station Phoenix FM to have a meal for 2 and an evening with Norman Hunter and Comedian Mark Rough - I would just to say a huge thank you to The Tower House Hotel, the evening was simply fantastic, from the welcome to leaving at the end of the night, the staff were all excellent, the 3 course meal was absolutely gorgeous - the biggest Yorkshire Pudding I have ever seen! A huge thank you to the manager who looked after us extremely well and an even bigger thank you for putting us at the top table with Mr Hunter!! Overall a most enjoyable night with the added bonus of fantastic food, drink and most of all friendly staff. We will be back in the near future for Sunday Lunch!!! xx

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank cbwill
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night due to business. I phoned ahead of my arrival to ask what time the resturant closed. I was advised that last orders were at 9pm, however the chef would stay later if required. The lady on the phone has an excellent telephone manner and was extremely helpful.

I arrived around 8pm but had advised in advance that I would not be eating (I didn't want the chef to wait if i was going to be late). I arrived in the bar area and was welcomed by a member of staff who was extremely friendly. she checked me into my room and then walked me to the door of the room to ensure that I found it.

I went down to the bar and the same member of staff was showing someone else to their room. She then followed me down the stairs to start serving in the resturant and bar. She did an excellent job of serving everyone and ensuring everyone was happy.

The room was a decent size with a good size bed and very clean. I had requested a king size bed which I got (2 singles pushed together), although the left hand side was very squeeky so I could actually only sleep on the right hand side.

The shower room was also a decent size and the shower was very powerful.

Overall a very pleasant stay

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Emily W
leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

This is the second time i have now visited this lovely gem of a hotel....i treated my partner for his birthday to stay over in the Bridal suite & WOW!!!...Ive never seen a bath as big and luxurious!!!!
We arrived early so thought we would try out the Carvery...we went for 2 courses & it was delicious......the Cheesecake is to die for!!!!!!
We got to meet Andy the chef, who was very polite as well as the waiting staff , they could not do enough for us.....Nicola & Robert who even gave us a Complimentary bottle of Bucks Fizz...nothing is too much trouble at all for these guys.......
The Bridal suite is just stunning...lovely big comfy bed...huge tv on the wall.....the bathroom...well let's just say i need not want to leave!!!!
I will most definitely be returning here again...if you want a great homely stay then The Tower House is the place.......you will not be disappointed!!!!Thanks again guys for a lovely birthday evening!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
TowerHouse, Owner at The Tower House Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2012
Thank you for all the lovely things you have said. We are so glad you had a good stay and that you enjoyed our beautiful bridal suite.It is always nice when guests mention our Chefs and staff by name it means they have enjoyed themselves so much that they have taken time to remember their names.We hadn't had anything posted since the 6th of January and were getting worried, although guests sent us messages to complain that their reports hadn't been posted, we still don't know why, lets hope everything is working again.Once again thank you for taking the time to write, and we hope to see you again ..soon. Susan Holt.
west yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

New Years Eve wedding - we chose THH due to the friendliness of ALL the staff their from the management team to the housekeepers they are all extremely friendly and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble for any of them. The venue is great, the rooms are modern and spacious, bridal suite is one of the nicest rooms we've ever stayed in.

The food is out of this world (andy - chef, friendliest guy ever) and the overall cost is more than reasonable.

I would highly recommend THH for anyone wanting a great all round service.

Our wedding party booked all the rooms and all of our guests were more than impressed.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank BeachBhudda
TowerHouse, Owner at The Tower House Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2012
Everyone at the Tower House Hotel would like to wish you all the best in your future life together as husband and wife.Thank you for your kind remarks about staff, we are like a big family and all work towards one goal and that is to make your Wedding day extra special. We would like to thank all our dedicated customers and new customers for their great feedback throughout 2011. To those who have written to Trip advisor in 2012 but have not been published we would like to apologise and have no idea why we have had nothing since January 6th and assure you it isn't anything to do with us.Happy 2012 to everyone from Rob, Nic, Stacey, Andy and all staff, we hope you all have a good year.From Susan and Andrew Holt, owners.
Bradford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

Just to say a massive THANKYOU for making my recent 60th birthday party at The Tower House Hotel such a spectacular and resounding success!

With the expert help and guidance from Robert, the manager, everything went absolutely perfectly. His attention to detail, his background information, his enthusiasm and willingness to help and advise, made the whole experience a pleasure, from the conception of the idea at the outset, right through to the actual event on the night.

The hospitality of the staff, the quality of the food, the layout of the function room, the fabulous setting for the venue, everything was superb.!

In short, Robert and the rest of the Tower House team gave me a 60th birthday party celebration which I will never forget.I shall have no hesitation in recommending the Tower House Hotel to anyone I meet in the future, who is planning to hold a similar celebration or function.

Special occasion's need special venue's. The Tower House Hotel, Halifax, is a VERY special venue.

Thank's again to Robert and his team. M. Wood. Bradford.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Halifax
Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant
Wool Merchant Hotel
Wool Merchant Hotel
#8 of 10 in Halifax
Premier Inn Halifax South Hotel

Been to The Tower House Hotel? Share your experiences!