“amazing place to eat and stay”

The Tower House Hotel
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Halifax
Halifax, United Kingdom
“amazing place to eat and stay”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

The Tower House Hotel IS the number 1 hotel we have ever stayed in. The tribute nights are totally fantastic, the sunday carvery and resturant food is just plain gorgeous and very good value for money. most recently we had our wedding plus reception and evening do there, what can we say apart from just amazing, Rob & Nicola are brilliant there is nothing they wouldn't do for you, to ensure your visit or special day goes so smoothly and without any problems. the staff are so welcoming and caring and ALWAYS willing to help. We can't thankyou enough for making us feel so special and treating us like friends from day one of meeting you. we have recommended you to all our family and friends.
Thankyou Rob and thankyou Nicola you really are two very special people.
Thanks to you we will never forget our wedding day.
we look forward to visiting you for a very long time to come.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Haslemere, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We recently booked the Tower House hotel for a wedding. The service received during the booking process and during our stay was fantastic. With Rob acting as the toast master to the waiting staff both during the day and evening, everything was tailored to our tastes. We cannot thank the staff enough and all our guests (of which many stayed) took the time to compliment ourselves and asked we pass on their thanks to the staff.

I would have no hesitant in recommending the Tower House to anyone.

I would just like to say a big thank you to all the staff there.

• Stayed October 2011
Wales
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I have been going to the Towerhouse now for over 2 years. I have been using the hotel for personal use as well as the conference facilities with my company. Over the 2 years I have seen the hotel grow from strength to strength under the new management team and I believe it is now the number venue in Halifax and surrounding areas.

Just to give you a flavour of what to expect at the towerhouse:

Hotel rooms – spacious modern rooms at great prices. Small hotel of only 11 rooms so you get the personal touch from the staff and a great nights sleep. No expense spared in the hotel with great fixtures and fittings. The manager will give you the best room available at the time when you are a regular. Free WIFI which so essential for me.

Restaurant – the conservatory dining room is perfect for groups or couples who want a bite to eat in the evening. The food is great, portion sizes pretty challenging, and reasonable prices. If you are in a rush in the morning the chef will do you a bacon roll to go. The chefs will bend over backwards for you during your stay. I have had dishes that are not even on the menu made for me. The deserts are fantastic – try the legendary cheesecake. This alone will keep you coming back.

Conference facilities – all your needs catered for and they certainly like to keep you fed throughout the day with different treats. The 2 rooms are both of good size and all the equipment you need is on site i.e projectors, flips charts etc. Good breakout areas around the hotel including rattan furniture outside when the weather in nice.

Convenience – very close to the Copley data center and Halifax town only a few minutes away.

Great hotel - give it a whirl.

Room Tip: Become a regular at the hotel - get to know the team. All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2011

This was my first trip to the Tower House, and I would definitely recommend it. I stayed for 2 nights on business in September 2011 and wasn't really looking forward to staying on my own! However, everyone at the hotel clearly works hard to make you feel welcome.

I found the room to be perfectly clean, with everything you could need (shower gel/soap/shampoo etc). It wasn't huge, but for 1 or 2 people it is perfectly fine (I had a standard double room I think). I was impressed by little things, such as making sure they put an ironing board/iron in the room and a well stocked tea/coffee tray! The bathroom was very modern and again very clean. It's a small thing, but I really like my room to be clean when I stay away from home - it certainly was.

When I stayed it was quite quiet on the first evening, but I felt really at home. The staff were very friendly and the whole place was really relaxed. It has a much a nicer, more homely feel than some of the big chains I more used to staying in. The food on both nights was excellent, in fact I was so full I couldn't manage desert! (this may just be me though as I don't normally eat much!). They have a bar area next to the restaurant that is again very good. The decor is modern, but again it has a nice relaxed feel. They have a very good range of beers,ales, spirits and the like.

On the first night they were only too happy to put the footie on for me, which I really appreciated. On the second night they had a pub quiz, which really brought the place to life even more. It meant the bar was almost full with a really nice mix of people, all pitting their wits against each other. I really should have joined in, but I was on my own at the time and didn't want to risk it! Even so, thanks to Rob and the staff I still felt very involved. I think that's really what this hotel has going for it. It's in a really peaceful location, well presented and got everything you would need; but it's the people who work they who will make or break your stay and if you come back again. The people running this place from the owners down all want it to work; it's evident from the welcome when you arrive to the moment you leave. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
TowerHouse, Owner at The Tower House Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Thank you so much for your lovely review.Our Quiz night is very popular and Rob said if you stay again please join one of the teams they would be very welcoming.We have a lovely group of people who have supported us since opening, and Rob and Nic go out of their way to make everyone feel at home, as do all our dedicated staff. we hope you call again.Susan Holt.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I was lucky enough to be the best man at my best friends wedding this weekend. Needless to say i was a bag a nerves prior to the big day. Thanks to Rob - The manager and his fantastic team of staff, The nerves were quickly set aside as we found ourselves in fantastic surroundings and felt welcomed from the off. it was apparent that the management have a clear mission statement of which all the staff abide by - Make the guests have a wonderful experience. - The Chef, waitresses, bar staff, management, room porters and ground staff all took time out of their day to make conversation and good rapport!

The accommodation exceeded expectations - Modern, clean tidy, spacious and very well kept.

The ceremony room, the main room, the restaurant and the grounds all share the same attention to detail and nothing was left to disappoint.

I cannot recommend the Tower house Hotel enough for the service provided which ultimately made the weekend a truly memorable occasion. We were all highly impressed with the venue and the staff. If you are planing a wedding you cannot go wrong. Everything is on site and seems to flow extremely well, allowing yourself and guests to relax and enjoy the days events. The Bride and Groom also share my views as it certainly made last impressions.

Final word - The Management at the Tower House have got their ship in order and i challenge anyone to prove me and all 130 guests wrong. Bravo.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Halifax
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We held our wedding function here on the 1st Sep 2011 and I have to say, everything was perfect. The function room was beautifully set out, staff were friendly and helpful and the food was absolutely fantastic (Huge compliments to the chef). The setting was just amazing too, especially at night when the lights came on! Rob and Nicola were brilliant and catered to all of our needs. We stayed in the bridal suite, which was lovely - didn't want to leave!!
Many, many thanks to Rob, Nicola and all staff. You will definatley be seeing us again!!

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Rob and Nichola put on this fantastic event and it was absolutely brilliant. Everyone must have worked So hard to make it a success and it certainly was. The artist was amazing and had the audience up dancing within minutes. She was excellent. The bbq supper after was great and varied and all this for £18.50! Well worth the money.
Well done to all the staff and to Rob and Nichola for all their hard work.
When is the next one????

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Halifax
Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant
#7 of 10 in Halifax
The Rock Hotel
The Rock Hotel
#10 of 10 in Halifax

Been to The Tower House Hotel? Share your experiences!