“steak for two” 5 of 5 bubbles

The New Prospect Inn
Ranked #63 of 291 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Bradford, United Kingdom
“steak for two”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

groupon steak meal for two nice place nice meal nice beer all round good value. i think the prices are even when not on groupon

• Visited June 2014

“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Went this evening with a groupon voucher, excellent value even if you didn't have one! Food, perfectly cooked, will def go again :)))))

2 Thank Absizzy
Suffolk
“Brilliant place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

We were visiting the area so we decided to use the groupon deal, didn't know what to expect.....
Well what a lovely surprise! The staff were great really helpful and friendly, it was a sat night and we hadn't booked but they squeezed us in which was kind. The food arrived quick, it was all home cooked and tasted wonderful! I had the potato and leek soup, it was the best I had tasted, we had the steak meal, my partner couldn't get over how yummy the homemade onion rings were! If we lived in the area we would certainly be regular customers. 10/10....perfect. we left full and very happy!

1 Thank heavycat
“Sunday lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

This old pub with food is perched on a steep hill with views over Halifax town and obviously has an interesting history. There were only two cars in the car park but the pub was fairly full of drinkers watching the football so it appears to be a " locals" pub. The Sunday menu was very limited (I don't know if it is more extensive during the week) and consisted of four starters and four mains all written on a blackboard or alternatively on a receipt book kept behind the bar and shown to us by the bar man, who was polite and very helpful.

I chose vegetable lasagne because I love veggies and often cook Italian so I expected aubergine, courgettes (and pine nuts on a good day), however, the veg element was tomatoes and a tiny bit of red pepper, change the description to " tomato lasagne" My partner had Hunters chicken which was chicken breast wrapped with bacon and cheese which he enjoyed, both meals were served with a lovely mixed leaf and diced salad with a very pleasant dressing.

My meal, although not as expected tasted lovely and I enjoyed it and the pricing was very reasonable. OK for a quick pub lunch, but, for me, only for a regular visit if I lived down the road. There is a lot of competition in Halifax.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank missdixon
“Breakfast Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

Had a lovely big breakfast there this morning. Everything was freshly cooked and served hot, as it should be. The place looked clean and was decorated tastefully. Will definitely go back and would recommend it to friends to go there for breakfast. May be they could go there for for a fab breakfast before heading off into town to do their shopping. Thank you.