“fast food”
Review of Chimichanga - CLOSED

Chimichanga
Cuisines: Mexican, American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Halifax, England, United Kingdom
“fast food”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We went for a meal and a catch up with some friends so we thought we would try a Mexican for a change, overall the food was average and the staff were friendly and helpfull nothing to write home about realy, so when all is said and done All I can really say is that it was an average fast food joint and a bit pricey !!

• Visited January 2013

“Can't wait to return and try them all!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I came to Chimichanga on 20th February at about 1:30 for our lunch before the cinema for a treat as it was his birthday the day before. When we came in there was an old couple and a family also eating but other than that it was surprisingly empty. However, this wasn't an issue and I joked that I had booked out the restaraunt as an extra birthday present. The waitress was very friendly and as I have a wheat allergy, I had to ask about allergen information as this wasn't on the menu. But, she swiftly fetched a man who was probably the manager and he informed me that they could accomodate my needs and infact could have a much larger selection of the menu than I had first thought as their 'corn tortillas' were gluten free and where possible, they could substitute dishes using the wheat tortillas with the corn ones for me. Well, as sad as it is I was happy as larry as it is unusual for me to have so many choices in a restaraunt! But we went for potato skins stuffed with cheese and chorizo to start (£2 When ordered as an extra to the lunch menu) and I had BBQ Pulled Pork Tostadas (£11.25) for main while my boyfriend went for a spicy chicken burrito (£7.95 in the lunch meal deal). Everything was absolutely delicious and took no time to come out (maybe down to the fact that it was quiet but all the same!). Both mains came with loads of spicy rice, beans and salsa on top the fact that the portions were big-it is definitely worth the money.
We will definitely be coming back and intend to try as much as we can from the menu!

W Yorks
“It's spicy!!!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Went for late tea with a friend. Helpful servers, good atmosphere although huge room with not too many other diners. Menu has good choice in fact we had to have extra time to decide! Food was hot when it arrived with just the right amount of time between courses. I couldn't eat all my mains. Coconut cheesecake I would have again. The bill for 3 courses and drinks came to £58 . We will visit again.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“promised a lot delivered little”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Visited on Saturday 16th Feb 2012.

Even though there were empty tables we got sat by the front door and had a cold wind blowing on us during our entire meal
45 minutes for the starter to arrive and when it did it was cold.
My wives mexican burger was virtually raw when served. Pointing that out to the waitress got the response "sorry about that" and she walked off.
Food was clearly being cooked by kitchen and left on serving hatch, for waiters and waitresses to just ignore, hence why my starter was cold and my main was tepid at best.
I had some friends in there by coincidence who I spotted during the evening and their evening panned out just the same

To sum up

Long waiting times for food
Overpriced for very average food
Disinterested staff
Cold food (due to it sitting on serving hatch for long periods of time
Not customer focused

Wont be going back

Halifax, United Kingdom
“Best Restaurant i have sampled in The Plaza”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We visited Chimichanga on 27/01/13 for my sisters birthday. (4 adults) I have eaten in several of the new restaurants at Broad Street Plaza so thought i would try something new.
The restaurant was busy but they fit our party in straight away and quickly took our order. We shared Chilli Nachos to start with and they arrived quickly and were delicious!! Generous with the filling too as often with Nachos you get to the bottom of the dish to find dry Nachos with no sauce left!! Not Here!!
We had various mains that were served quickly beautifully presented and again delicious generous portions.
The bill came to 75.00 in total which included drink and a bottle of wine which was reasonable really ive paid more at the other resturants in the Plaza and had worse quality
Overall brilliant experience - we will go back

• Visited January 2013