“didnt get there so cant comment that”
Review of El Greco - CLOSED

El Greco
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The "El Greco" is back!!!
Reviewed January 10, 2016

Bought a voucher on group on booked on line for my sons birthday .
Friday night restaurant closed hand written sign in the window for sale or to let
Need I say anymore ???
Hope I get my Money back from group on .
Jac

3  Thank Jacqui M

Reviewed December 19, 2015 via mobile

Went to the Greek. For Work Christmas doo..no welcome from staff...waiter was very misserable...we was to start meal at 7pm.Didnt get table till 7.45.. they were rushing around for no reason as it was pretty quiet to say it was mad Friday. .food discusting..cold...all looked same...gutted I booked that for our works night out...never again...they can't run a restaurant. .they couldn't run a sandwich shop..

2  Thank Loo A
TheGreekRestaurant, Chef at El Greco, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2015

Thank you for the feedback –it’s all appreciated, good or, on this particular occasion, fantastically bad! It all helps to build a better restaurant for the future. I am genuinely sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us – obviously the main aim always is to try to keep our customers happy.
I was particularly saddened to read that you found the food to be ‘discusting’. I have worked hard during the course of my 30 year career to build a menu to be proud of – and, to be honest, this is the first time anybody has referred to my food in such harsh terms. However, if you did indeed find it to be the case that the food was so extraordinarily bad and ‘samey’ – that is in itself very disappointing, but also surprising, given the previous reviews we have received during our time in Halifax. Furthermore, had you but raised this issue with our front-of-house manager on the night, I am sure that he would have taken your comments into consideration and I would have strived to rectify this in some way for you.
I can only apologise for our miserable waiter – he was in no way part of our regular team and we would agree that he was little more than an unwelcome hindrance to us on the night – he has since been dealt with. However, I would like to reply to your comments about us being unable to run a sandwich shop, let alone a restaurant. I am sorry to have to tell you that in this respect – you might be a little bit off the mark there. Between us as a team, we have successfully owned and run several Mediterreanean restaurants – both in Greece and the UK.
I do feel that the menu has gone down well in Halifax, but unfortunately, the time has now come for me to move on from the current premises – where I feel that we have been very much hindered by the reputation of - and the mess left to us by - the previous owners.
So, sorry folks, but ‘The Greek’ (ie. me, George the chef) will be moving on. I would like to thank everybody who I have met during my time here for their support and their positive comments.

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year!

Reviewed December 15, 2015

We bought a Wowcher for this restaurant after reading the other reviews on Trip Advisor and we went last Saturday teatime. I believe it has recently come under new management. Well, the service was wonderful with friendly and attentive staff. The decor and ambience were both very Greek and the menu was quite extensive including a good range of vegetarian options. I had a selection of dips with pitta bread for starters, really tasty, and then I had the sea bass upon their recommendation and can honestly say it was the best meal I've ever had. It was a very simple dish with the flavours working together beautifully and the fish was cooked to perfection- so moist and delicate. We had puddings too which were lovely. We felt pleasantly full, not over full and not full of fat or carbohydrates. My partner had a starter like a prawn soup which was very tasty followed by a chicken kebab which he said was cooked beautifully. I believe Friday nights are very popular with live music so we will book again and take all the family, I know they'll love it too!

1  Thank Emma C
Reviewed December 12, 2015 via mobile

Great 1st try. Amazing starters - dolmades as good if not better than any I have had in Greece. Incredibly light cheese in filo parcels. Kleftiko and Stifado for mains. Stifado with a very strong sauce and more than I could eat!! My wife picked the Kleftiko clean! Lovely and attentive staff took us back to the Greek Islands. Just waiting for our shared dessert. Baclavas with cream and ice cream!! More later lol! Added to a lovely bottle of Cypriot red we had a very lovely evening and be back for sure. The sweet came but wasn't Baclavas. Semolina cake. Also very nice but after we demolished had most of it and commented Baclavas followed! Also lovely. And a very attentive waitress was much appreciated!!

Reviewed December 12, 2015

We visited THE GREEK in Sept 2015 and can say it was a fantastic experience. This was our second visit and my wife and I chose from the menu and once again the food was delicious. We had the mixed dips & pitta bread to start and then I had the Afelia and my wife had Beef Stifado; both were gorgeous and the portions were big. The place was full and the atmosphere was buzzing. The Head Waiter, Leonardo, who we first met at his sisters taverna in a tiny village on the Greek mainland many years ago, was very hospitable.