“Brilliant!”

Ranked #16 of 317 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Based in Hipperholme a village in the Calderdale area of West Yorkshire, located between the towns of Halifax and Brighouse comes Towngate Brasserie.
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Family went for impromptu Sunday lunch today with a lively two year old and it was absolutely great! The roast beef dinner was fantastic, the trio of fish hubby had went down really well and the desserts were delicious. Two year old's meal was "smaller" portions from the main menu which makes a change from usual choice of sausages or fish fingers and chips. Great service, great food - will definitely be returning!

Reviewed May 26, 2014

7 of us went for Sunday lunch, it was absolutely amazing, the food was the best we have ever had! Just wish it was nearer and we could go more often!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

As a family party of seven, we visited Towngate Brasserie on Friday 23rd of May and had a wonderful evening. Great hospitality and what a superb menu! I found it very difficult to choose, as I wanted to try everything, but finally decided on the mouth-watering goat’s cheesecake, followed by a perfectly cooked roast loin of venison. I was looking forward to the apple and elderflower crumble, but as it arrived, I made the mistake of offering it to my partner for a ‘taste’ and it was not returned! I did, however, enjoy the tasty cheeseboard that he had ordered. All of our party were highly impressed and are looking forward to a return visit. Hopefully, I will have my delicious pudding and eat it next time!

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Had been meaning to try out Towngate for a while, finally 4 of us went on a Wednesday night. Had delicious mango mojito cocktails in the bar to start with. Wednesday happens to be steak night, £30 for two with a bottle of wine and chunky chips, roast vine tomatoes etc. My husband's fillet steak was perfect, cooked spot on, rested and so tender. I had a scallop dish followed by sea bass with pak choi. Both courses were light and tasty and faultless. The decor is welcoming and the staff were super. We will definitely go back again. The pricing is very sensible and the ambience lovely, a really great find.

1  Thank CupcakeCandyQueen
Reviewed May 22, 2014

What a fantastic Wednesday night meal. Two fillet steaks and a bottle of wine for £30..perfectly cooked and every part of the meal served with a smile from the very warming staff there. Defiantly recommend and will be going back.