“New and shiny.”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Halifax
Burnham-on-Crouch
“New and shiny.”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was booked in for the weekend by the promoters of Hebden Bridge Blues Festival, at which l was working, l and was very pleasantly surprised by the quality, cleanliness and appointments of this modern, town centre hotel, which l later learned had been open for about 9 months...judging by the cleanliness and state of repair of everthing, l had assumed it was practically brand new.
The staff were, without exception, polite, helpful and very well trained - l was especially impressed with the rapid and professional way they responded to a problem with my room on check-in which meant l missed my lift to Hebden. A cab was ordered and cash produced to pay for it without any prompting on my part.

Gripes?
Parking is in the council multi-storey next door, which is clean, new and apparently quite secure. It is, however, VERY expensive (£5 for an overnight stay - and that's the "special" hotel rate!) And you need to come armed with the appropriate loose change and follow the rather confusing instructions on the ticket machine to the letter.

I was unfamiliar with the system in the rooms by which you have to put your key card in a slot inside, by the door, before the lights or power will come on...and you have to remember to take the card out when you leave the room or you'll be locked out. Not the smartest of ideas.

You get 30 minutes free broadband in the rooms, but it didn't seem all that fast and was expensive after that.

In my book, hotels should throw in things like wifi and parking for free. Black marks there.

Breakfast was served in the steak house next door and was acceptable for the money, even if the service was rather slow.
Tip:They offer some kind of family breakfast deal on Sundays, which is clearly popular with the locals, as it was practically impossible to get a table after 9am on Sunday and those who did get in waited ages to be served. In the end, l walked 30ft across the plaza to the Harvester, which was completely empty and was waited upon instantly by THREE staff! The food was very similar and so was the price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Andrea H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Halifax Town Centre Premier Inn. I am sorry to hear that you were not able to enjoy breakfast with us and your feedback will be passed on to the Beefeater. We are working on the 'car park' and requests have been submitted for a note/card reader to make it easier for all guests and visitors coming to the Plaza to which your comments will be added. We do hope to see you again soon or at least next year at the annual Blues festival, which I believe is an amazing event. Kind regards, Andrea Heron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Bit of a trial to get to as no signs that you have to park in multi storey. All auto check in was easy, usual bedrooms, does what it says on the tin and nothing more.
Good selection of restaurants around the area, nothing stuck out, Weatherspoon's around the corner with trad beer under£2

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Andrea H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to seeing you again. Kind regards, Andrea Heron
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed in the Premier inn in halifax town centre two weeks ago and was so impressed by the standard of the hotel and all the staff were brilliant. Would certainly recommend this hotel as everything about it was perfect.

Room Tip: All the rooms i saw were excellent
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thankyou for taking the time to post your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Halifax town Centre Premier Inn and that you were happy with the service you recieved at the hotel. I hope that you will visit us again soon. Kind regards, Andrea Heron
Warwick
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our first ever family break away. Chose the Halifax town centre location over the one by the motorway based on the other reviews here. Really pleased with the stay. Haven't stayed in a premier inn before and was very pleasantly surprised at how modern and clean it was. We had the £29 family room offer which was a bargain.

Bit of noise from the plaza outside, but nothing major and not late into the night. No noise at all between rooms.

Beefeater downstairs was super modern - not been to one for years. Friendly staff. Breakfast was very good. I think the website only gives you the option to book the £8 cooked one which is a bit cheeky as they also do a £5 continental option.

Minor gripe was that the adjoining car park only takes coins, so have 5 x £1 at the ready. The car park public exit is directly opposite the door for the hotel which was great when lugging your bags from the car.

Overall, very impressed. If we had been without the kids, there are a good few restaurants and a vue cinema right next to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Halifax Town Centre Premier Inn and that you chose to stay with us for your family break. We hope that you will visit us again soon. Andrea Heron
UK
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've used this hotel on many occasions this year and am consistently impressed. Everything is very clean and in working order, but the real bonus are the genuinely friendly staff. Particular mention must go to Aneka and Stuart who have gone out of their way to help me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and the team are delighted to hear that you continue to enjoy staying with us. I know they do all they can to make every guest feel welcome. We look forward to seeing you again very soon. kind regards.
A Heron.
Sunderland
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We chose this hotel as we had received an email informing us it was newly opened. We found the hotel to be of the same high standard at all other premier inns we have stayed in and Stuart on reception was exceptional in his friendlessness and helpfulness. Poor guy had a sudden onslaught of check-ins all at the same time on Friday evening and he dealt with each one individually giving us all the same speech and information details as well as explaining, check-in, opening of main doors, evening meal bookings, breakfast bookings and car park information. Poor guy needed air after that. We were on the second floor overlooking the plaza itself and yet everything was so quiet, even considering we were only a few hundred yards from the ambulance station.
I was a little disappointed in the new beefeater menu as there was not a lot of choice but breakfast was excellent and waitress Lynette must be worn out at the end of every day as she never seemed to stop.
The only thing I would say was on the Sunday evening my daughter noticed a poster advertising 30% off meals eaten between Friday 24th and Monday 27th which we had not been aware of. And I dont place Stuart at fault of this as he gave us excellent information which he himself was aware of. Apparently it was a management promotion.
Stuart makes this hotel what it is

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Andrea H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Christina R.
Thankyou for your very kind comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Halifax and your stay in the hotel. It was a very busy weekend but it is great to hear that you still received the high standard of service we strive to give every guest. Stuart is really grateful for the lovely feedback, he is indeed an assett to our team. I have also passed on your review to the restaurant and particularly Lynette who I know works very hard.
We look forward to being able to welcome you back to Halifax Town Centre Premier Inn again very soon.
with kind regards
Andrea H.
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I stopped last weekend as a base to the Haworth 1940s weekend and had a wonderful stay, we chose the hotel over the other Halifax Premier Inn because it was new

The attached Beefeater restaurant is meat heavy and my wife is borderline vegetarian so we chose to eat at the other Premier Inn’s Brewers Fayre which in turn showed us the contrast in new and old buildings and confirmed that we had chosen well with the city centre Inn.

The gentle Asian lady with a colourful head covering checked us in very politely and the night reception were fine with my early morning strolls outside. I too am a night worker and find that I wake about 4.00 am.

On Sunday morning I took the opportunity to walk the deserted town with its beautiful buildings from the turn of last century and on return ended up having a wonderful chat with the night receptionist about films and acting. A great stay helped by the £5 for 24 hrs sheltered parking.

Room Tip: Top floor keeps external noise further away
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrea H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear john b,

Thank you for your review of your stay at Halifax Town Centre Premier Inn. The team are thrilled that you had a wonderful stay as they always endeavour to be there for all our guests. We are glad that you enjoyed your meal down at the Brewers Fayre at Halifax South, next time you should definitely try Beefeaters vegetarian options. The team appreciate all of your positive feedback and will strive to continuing a world class level of service to make every guests stay as enjoyable as yours. We all hope you will make a return visit soon.

Kind Regards,