“Lovely Hotel but the road noise was awful”

Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Everything as expected at a Premier Inn - large room with a double and 2 single beds - much better for the children than a sofa bed!
Clean throughout so the hotel in itself was a hit for the money paid. The worse aspect was the road noise - I think we were on the worst side of the hotel - sirens were wailing all night! The sound proofing needs to be better as it ruined our nights sleep!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nadhak
Andrea H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you and your family were happy with the room during your stay, we are currently looking into ways to help reduce the amount of noise experienced with increased glazing. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind regards, Andrea Heron

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Hotel is built in the new complex in Halifax. Hotel is basic, but typical premier inn. Room very basic, no phone, clock, or proper wardrobe. View of the car park. But value for money for a budget hotel.
Clean room and nice and warm. New hotel, so everything had that new feel to it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Steven W
Andrea H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at Halifax Town Centre Premier Inn and I hope to see you on your next trip. Kind regards, Andrea Heron

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed at this Premier Inn on business on a Thursday evening in March. Perfectly decent room. Usual Premier Inn double bed and clean and functional bathroom. What made this stay reviewable were the staff. Heavy snow was forecast and Stuart who was on late reception duty printed out a walking route map for me in case no taxi could get to the hotel in the morning. The girls in the adjacent Beefeater restaurant were delightful despite the order being wrong and running out of a particular wine after just one glass. Staff at breakfast again were fantastic making sure as a lone female traveller I was at a quiet table. Altogether a fantastic experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kate J

Thankyou for taking the time to post your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Halifax town Centre Premier Inn and that you were happy with the service you recieved at he hotel and in the restaurant. I hope that you will visit us again soon. Kind regards, Andrea Heron

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We arrived home to Halifax in a blizzard after a short holiday, Our taxi was unable to get us home so took us to the Premier Inn to spend the night there. Its quite difficult to get into as cars are not allowed to take you to the door. We were just grateful the cleaners were having a smoke break and took us in the service entry. Our problems started when we tried to pay with cash.... that could only be done if you had a passport or driving licence. This we were told was in case we " trashed the room" I might have found this amusing had I not been cold, tired and wet through, We are pensioners and I am disabled and in a wheelchair. The receptionist had to phone to ask if she could be allowed to accept the money under the circumstances.
The next problem was the room. It was a disabled room, spotlessly clean and the wet room one of the best i've seen, but........ there was only a double bed, All other premier Inns i've stayed at have a double and single bed in the disabled rooms. Its embarrassing to be expected to share a bed with a carer. My friend slept on the floor and we left at 5am as soon as the roads were clear. All in all a dismal experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Exiledscouse
Andrea H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Huddersfield West Premier Inn. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and am currently investigating the issues raised. Please contact me on 01422 386530 if you would like to discuss the matter in person.
Again we appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience

Kind Regards

Andrea Heron
Premier Inn Manager

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Good location, let down only by difficult parking - far too easy to park in restricted bays. No food, of course, unless you count the entirely plastic-looking breakfast. Room very clean, big (family room) and quiet. Excellent value for money

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank t1metraveller

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. We look forward to seeing you again. Kind regards, Andrea Heron

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have honestly never been to a hotel where the staff were as polite and conscientious. The little things are what make customer service count and from the reception staff asking how you are and wishing you a nice day to the cleaners also asking after you. The whole staff were a credit and most were young kids ( to an old fogey like me) and to see these manners was just great. We had a great stay, my two young kids loved it and we have been to about 20 premier inns and this was our favourite. Their is a beefeater next door with an open kitchen and the food is great and the staff brilliant again. The premier inn is located 2 minutes from the town centre and even better there is a cinema, weatherspoons ( with a great view of the city) nandos, Mexican, Chinese, harvester, TGIF Fridays and pizza express. You literally don't have to move 100 yards for a meal and entertainment and halifax town centre is great, quaint and interesting a are the museums especially bankfield house.

Go here, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Gez007
Andrea H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind compliments about the team here at Halifax Town Centre Premier Inn. The team always like to see that we are meeting the standards we set ourselves and what our guests expect. I have also passed on your comments to the Beefeater restaurant next door, and they couldn't be more pleased. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future, as the team would look forward to greeting you again.
Kind Regards,
Andrea H

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed in this hotel in early February while visiting family in Halifax. I've previously stayed at a number of Premier Inns so knew roughly what to expect and should confess up front that I'm a fan of the chain. When in Halifax I've also stayed at The White Swan but on this occasion the Premier Inn was marginally cheaper.

On the plus side, the hotel is new and everything is very clean and tidy especially the bathrooms. The rooms are equipped to the usual high standard and the staff are among some of the friendliest I've dealt with, including the breakfast servers. The hotel is ideally located for the town centre and the new entertainment complex. Although our room overlooked the Mecca bingo we were high enough up not to be troubled by traffic noise. Parking was fine, although I would generally prefer secure parking rather than in the multi storey

We had a couple of minor niggles. Firstly our room was not serviced on the second day so I had to ask reception for clean towels and more tea/coffee etc. This was delivered promptly and the receptionist did offer to have housekeeping come to make the bed (which we weren't bothered about) but I got the impression this was not unusual for guests staying more than one night. Secondly, I'm used to staying in Premier Inns with really big beds - this time it was just a standard double size. Thirdly, the breakfast was lovely but the ordering went a little wrong and my vegetarian meal arrived with meat sausage. Lastly, the hotel foyer is a little impersonal and could do with a bit more atmosphere e.g. somewhere to have coffee or a drink.

Overall a very good stay and would definitely recommend

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pebble123
Andrea H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Pebble123, thank you for your kind compliments with regards to your recent stay. The team are delighted with your comments about their service and are glad you enjoyed your time in Halifax. We hope the few niggles that you encountered won't discourage you from staying with us again in the future.
Kind regards,