“A good stay after a disappointing start”

Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Halifax
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“A good stay after a disappointing start”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Good location, coupled with a friendly welcome and helpful staff. However, the first room I was allocated had clearly been smoked in and reeked - all the more surprising it had been made up and reallocated without being noticed by housekeeping. After some discussion (not my fault the hotel was fully booked...) I was given another room which was clean, fresh and comfortable. Hopefully this was a one-off blip and I'd look to stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Andrea H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thankyou for posting your review. I am so sorry about the problem you experienced and have put measures in place to help eliminate this issue in the future. I am glad you feel the team took care of things for you and that it did not detract too much from your stay. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future and offering you an 'incident' free stay.
with kind regards
Andrea

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is the best Premier Inn I have had the pleasure of staying at. The staff are welcoming and nothing is too much trouble both in reception and the restaurant. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The hotel sits within a new complex with many choices to eat but if you haven't tried a Beefeater recently I would recommend you try it.

Room Tip: Stayed in a number of rooms and didn't have a problem in any.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank fionaegray
Dear fionaegray,
Thankyou for posting your review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us and look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Halifax. It's always great for the team to receive such posative feedback, as they really get a buzz out of making our guests happy and comfortable.
with kind regards
Andrea.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I spent one night at this hotel after an office Christmas party and I cannot fault anything. Extremely friendly staff even at 12.30am when rolling in a little worse for drink! Great clean hotel and I will definitely be staying again. 100% better than the Travelodge at Dean Clough! Thank you for such an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Happyhighfive
Andrea H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Thankyou for posting your very kind comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that the team were welcoming and helpful. We like our guest to have a great time during their stay and it sounds like your Christmas party was a lot of fun. We look forward to being able to welcome you back in the New Year.
East Yorkshire
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in December in a double room. The hotel is on a new complex with a cinema and eating places and had only been open a few weeks. Everywhere very clean and new. The bedroom was spacious and the bed so comfortable with the loveliest pillows ( choice of firm or soft).The promise was a good night's sleep and that's what we got. Comfortable bed settee, flat screen t.v, hair dryer, plenty of hanging and storage space and power points and tea making facilities. The bathroom was sparkling with nice decor and clean towels every day. One thing I will mention is that the bath is very deep ( would be a bit of a job to step into for the young or elderly) and quite slippery standing in the shower area. Other than that the place was perfect with lovely helpful staff. We ate at the Harvesters across from the hotel ( would recommend). Would go back to this hotel for sure. .

Room Tip: All rooms brilliant
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KarenBianchi
Dear Karen,
Thankyou for posting your very kind comments. I am delighted that you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable during your stay. The team try very hard to ensure we deliver the 'Good Night Guarentee' to all our guests and we really appreciate your taking the time to pass on your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and making your return visit equally as enjoyable.
Loughborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2012

After having to travel to Halifax for work related reasons and going to stay for my very first time with Premier Inn I have been absolutely blown away by the quality if service. Starting with the friendliness of staff and having little chats whenever I walk through reception all the way to the cleanliness and comfort of each room I have been turned into a regular visitor an have returned for the 4th time in 2 months. The great location is well thought out and it takes less than 5 minutes to reach the town centre and has a cinema right next door showing the latest top movies. Perfect hotel and the best nights sleep for great value!!! Thank you to Nicolle for making me always feel welcome and knowing who I am when I walk through the doors.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank FabianEhlers
Dear FabianEhlers,
Thankyou for posting your review and for your very kind and complimentary comments. The greatest reward for our team is when guests come back to us time and again. Everyone here takes great pride in what they do and I'm glad that comes accross in the service we deliver. We look forward o seeing you again very soon.
many thanks, Andrea
London
Reviewed December 17, 2012

i spent two nights at the Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre. The hotel certainly delivered on its promise of a good night - the bed was superbly comfortable, and I appreciated the choice of pillows.

My room was spotless, but the most impressive aspect of my stay was the service. Every member of staff I came across was helpful, polite, and took a genuine pride in the excellent service they were offering.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Anne B
Dear Anne B,
Thankyou for taking the time to post your very kind comments. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and the team are delighted to hear that you feel they delivered great service.
I look forward to being able to welcome you back to Halifax again very soon.
with kind regards, Andrea
Hull, East Yorkshire
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I returned today from a four-night stay in this lovely new hotel (opened in October). I had a large, comfortable and clean room. Every member of staff I spoke to was outstanding: polite, friendly and committed to ensuring that guests enjoyed their stay. The hotel is situated on a new leisure park with a Vue cinema and various chain restaurants nearby. It is very near the bus station and shops. The hotel itself incorporates a Beefeater restaurant: I ate in twice, a breakfast and a dinner and enjoyed both meals. If you arrive on foot or by taxi, please note that there is a flight of twenty steps to climb or a long walk up a slope. When I left this morning I mentioned my anxiety about the icy conditions (I'm not good on my feet) to one staff member, who said he would see me down the hill if I found I couldn't manage it. As it happens I did but he deserves a medal for offering as the weather today was so foul. I hope to stay here again next year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Kim S
Dear Kim S,
Thankyou for choosing to stay at Halifax Town Centre Premier Inn, the team and I are always delighted when our guests enjoy their time with us and really appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback.
I hope we can arrange a little better weather for your next visit.