“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ricci's Place

Ricci's Place
Reserve with OpenTable
Ricci's Place is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 292 Restaurants in Halifax
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Capturing the essence of the Mediterranean, Ricci’s Place has a relaxed and inviting atmosphere where you can enjoy innovative, homemade food and great service.
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Been a few times and it's consistently good. Great Cocktails, food and wine list. Friendly staff make it a great place to go whether there are just two of you or a table of girls!

Keighley
“All filled up delish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

4 of us went to Ricci's for a Birthday treat.
Absouletly fantastic as usual. Mussels are so tasty and the chargrilled tuna was sooooo good (I'm drooling just thinking of it).
Bread & olives was plenty for 2 sharing.
I will be ordering the seabass ravioli next time after tasting a friends.
Couldn't fault the service, just there when they needed to be, no fuss.
Perfect

“Amazing!! Definitely leave room for dessert!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I came here with my husband for his birthday last Saturday. Wow! What an amazing time we had. We were greeted with friendly smiles and well presented staff which with a full restaurant at 8.30pm at night is a very pleasant sight. We were taken to the bar for a drink and promptly shown to our table. After looking at the menu we made our decision swiftly and a lovely waitress came to take our order. I chose the squid to start and the fish stew from the main menu, my husband had an antipasto board and pork with chorizo burger from the specials board. Out starters came after a small wait and were really tasty. The plates were removed and we ordered additional drinks. Our drinks came quickly with a finger bowl for my fish stew. Ten minutes later our main courses arrived. I have to say it was one of the nicest meals we've had in a long time! All the fish and shellfish was cooked beautifully, they definitely don't skimp on portions! My husband really enjoyed his burger and loved the addition of the chips in a nifty little bucket. The waitresses came over twice to ask how we were enjoying our meal and we definitely didnt have any complaints. By this point we were stuffed by couldn't resist a sneaky look at the dessert menu. They all looked so tempting! I decided to have the sticky toffee pudding with banana ice cream instead of salt caramel, the husband had a selection of three icecream (pistachio, cherry, clotted cream). Our desserts came within five minutes.
The sticky toffee pudding was THE most amazing thing I have ever tasted! If you go, get it! It is heaven! I can't even begin to describe how beautiful it is. And the icecream! Wow! Get the ice cream too! It's delicious, it's the best ice cream!
Overall we had such a lovely time and would recommend it to anyone. Keep up the good work! We will be back again very soon.

“Good but room for improvement”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here on several occasions and found it very nice but there are some things that really annoy me which if they were changed it could be superb!

The cutlery is reminiscent of a motorway truck stop, the dishes are nice but incomplete, I had the ox cheek with scallops and although well cooked it lacked texture and acidity to cut through the very rich flavours of the dish.

On my second visit I had the oxtail gnocchi, a very nice dish but under seasoned and I feel the parsley could have been more creatively incorporated rather than large chunks of raw parsley

This all sounds negative but I have enjoyed every visit and with these changes it could be great!

Halifax
“Shocking experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

I ate in this restaurant a few days ago with a client. The food was just awful, not a patch on other vibrant lunch time venues in Leeds. The staff were common looking, rude and cocky, quite frankly I cannot see why, my honest opinion is this is just a very average restaurant (cheaply put together with plastic chairs) that needs a lot of investment in customer service, training and chiefly the food!

Ok for a coffee and bacon sandwich but hardly a place to wine and dine a business client.

• Visited February 2013