1,055 results
All reviews afternoon tea wedding guests scones gardens are beautiful mullioned windows beautiful hotel old house wedding venue open fire public rooms scallops four poster bed from start to finish yorkshire breakfast evening meal lamb wedding breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed December 9, 2018

I visited the Holdsworth House Hotel and Restaurant on Friday 7 December for a Christmas meal with my local Credit Union. It was for our staff and members of the Board of Directors. The food was delicious there were three courses and included wine and drinks from the bar.
The restaurant looked very Christmasy and the food was served well and all the staff were friendly and helpful.
I would recommend the restaurant to friends and family.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
HoldsworthHouse, Public Relations Manager at Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2018

Thank you pleach1954, we're really pleased to hear you'll recommended us to family and friends. We hope you'll be back for more before December 2019. Best wishes and Merry Christmas from the team at Holdsworth House.

Reviewed November 18, 2018

We were treated to an overnight stay last weekend (11th Nov) at Holdsworth House Hotel by our family for my birthday present, it was fabulous, checked in and we were shown to our room. Unpacked and then noticed a card and a box of chocolates wishing me a happy birthday, very nice touch from the hotel. The evening meal was excellent as was the breakfast. We had an executive suite which was really nice, had a look at the other rooms as we walked through the hotel and they all looked good. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. No problems at all and would recommend this hotel for a stay or meal anytime.

1  Thank Neil S
HoldsworthHouse, Public Relations Manager at Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2018

Thank you Neil S for your review, which we were all thrilled to read. Many thanks and we hope to see you again at Hodlsworth House.

Reviewed November 13, 2018

The hotel itself was friendly, the bed was comfy, breakfast very nice. The drinks were very expensive. The towels were nice and fluffy. Fresh milk can be requested for your tea and coffee. The food also seemed very expensive. The shower was very nice although there was no conditioner in my room.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
HoldsworthHouse, Public Relations Manager at Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2018

Dear Madminx1, thank you for your review. Your comments have been passed to the management team.

Reviewed November 10, 2018

So, after travelling 7107 KM - via car, plane, train and taxi, myself and my family arrived at Holdsworth House to attend the wedding of my brother’s daughter. As can be expected, this is an older building – but one which has soooo much charm and character. Staff are professional, considerate and helpful. Accommodations were comfortable. This was an amazing venue for the wedding, with both food and drink being outstanding. The civil ceremony was warm and professional, and the dancing afterwards even got the old folks (like me!) joining in! Enjoyed the fireplaces and lounges, which provided many opportunities to mingle with other wedding guests. It was totally worth the effort to attend and lots of great memories were made!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear AlbertaBob, we are thoroughly delighted to read your review and that your long journey was rewarded with such a fantastic wedding experience. We hope that you'll spread the news so that we see more visitors from across the globe.

Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

I would give all aspects of Holdsworth house a ten. Excellent service,friendly staff,awesome room. But the food is over priced and of a poor standard,the fish pie is the worst ever not eaten, £3.50 for 7 m&s chips (bargain) At breakfast my poached eggs where like bullets and the toast was burnt. By the second day I had lost all confidence in the chefs/cooks ability so instead of having the already paid for, any breakfast of my choice I just had toast. Guess what one of the two slices where burnt.no quality control in place?

Trip type: Traveled on business
HoldsworthHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

Dear mnbvcxzyjxd, further to your feedback we would very much appreciate you getting in touch with us direct to discuss aspects of your stay. Please call our management team on 01422 240024, thank you.