Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
The New Hobbit(Sowerby Bridge)
View Hotel
All reviewsafternoon teacomplimentary glass of winesconeswedding guestscream teabeautiful hotelgardens are beautifulscallopsstuart roommullioned windowssplit level suiteopen firejacobean manorold housenooks and crannieson arrivalyorkshire breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We held our Golden Wedding anniversary party here last year and the staff couldn't have been more obliging. They saw to all our needs. We had a really lovely day. The hotel itself is set in beautiful old grounds with very pleasant gardens. The interior is mainly oak panelled and very comfortable and traditional. Our daughter also had her wedding here some 17 years ago and again we had a lovely day and evening. The food is excellent. They also do lovely afternoon teas for which you can buy vouchers which make great gifts.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HoldsworthHouse, Public Relations Manager at Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear HHC thank you for taking time out to write a review of Holdsworth House. We are delighted when guests return again and again for special occasions or just for a bite to eat. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again before your Diamond wedding anniversary!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed there last week 2/5/13 along with a party of 12 golfers and I have to say we were extremely well looked after by the very friendly staff. The rooms were very good and the restaurant food was excellent for our evenig meal and breakfasts. We played golf over two days at the nearby West End Golf Club that have a connection with the hotel.
The golf club was also superb and we were very well looked after by the members and staff at the club
An all round good trip and highly recomendable for the hotel or golf alone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you Tom M for writing your review of Holdsworth House, we really appreciate it. We are all still smiling after welcoming such a fun group, you picked the best week weather wise for your golfing trip and hope you'll return again with the sunshine. We're setting up a partnership with Halifax Golf Club too, so watch our website for details.

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Having visited Holdsworth many times I have always been impressed however my latest visit was not great - perhaps there were fewer staff on a Sunday eve. I had to order my supper three times and when it came it was not to the usual high standard. Breakfast was slow on the Monday morning (having asked the waitress what I had time for as I was in a hurry) and as such I had to leave without eating.
Hopefully next time will be better.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear MissSophoe321 thank you for sharing your feedback. We shall ensure that our Operations Manger is made aware of the impression you were left with so he can address any issues. We do hope you'll book again and entrust us with getting your stay right every time.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Highly recommended. Beautiful place, gorgeous rooms and great service. The food was excellent too! Stay for atleast 2 nights to leave ample time to explore surroundings and all the little villages that dot the neighbourhood.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Rmeister81 thank you for taking the time to write about Holdsworth House and thank you for choosing our historic property, We trust you'll return for another stay soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I first found Holdsworth House online when I was looking for wedding venues for my friend and thought it looked gorgeous. When I got engaged, I had another look. We attended a wedding fair which was really helpful for picturing how the venue might look. Luckily we were able to find a date that suited us and ever since, the staff have been really helpful in discussing all our non-standard requests.

I stayed at the hotel the night before my wedding with one of my bridesmaids and so we were able to get ready in the room on the morning of the wedding. The staff were so helpful in keeping me updated re. flowers etc, chasing tardy suppliers, moving luggage between rooms, and providing breakfast in the room because the restaurant was so busy with the previous day's wedding party all choosing a late breakfast.

During our wedding reception, again the staff were amazing. One lady helped me try to get the stain out of my wedding dress after an unfortunate accident with my cocktail, and while I lost all sense of order, the Operations Manager, Phil kept everything on track.

All our guests thought Holdsworth House was an amazing venue. They loved the gardens, the history, the food, and all the different spaces on offer. This was one of the things we really liked about the hotel; there are lots of different spaces to relax in, it's not just one big room. And it's just full of character.

I stayed in both a twin room, and the honeymoon suite, both were superb. The beds were high and comfortable and the furniture and decorations are beautiful.

I would really recommend this hotel if you're looking for somewhere special to stay, and definitely as a wedding venue.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you rsp101 for taking the time to write about your wonderful wedding at Holdsworth House, we really appreciate you sharing your experience. We will ensure that the team and Phil gets to see the feedback as it means such a lot.