“GOOD FOOD, REASONABLE PRICE.”
Review of La Luna

La Luna
Ranked #16 of 321 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fantastic Family friendly cafe/ restaurant with supurb quality food.
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Maybe once every three weeks my husband and myself go to La Luna for lunch, it's very convienient and quick for us. We can park in the small car park 30 paces from the restaurant. Now don't get me wrong the men who own/work there arn't the smiliest of people who have ever served us but they mean no wrong, it's just how they are, the girls are more pleasant. The food is good and reasonably priced that is why it is so popular. Can't imagine taking my grandchildren, it doesn't seem that sort of place. We like it because it does what it says, no more, no less.I think the lady that wanted just a plain ham sandwiche for her son wouldn't have been able to have one because they wouldn't have just sliced bread, all their breads are speciality ones, I think this should have been explained instead of them just saying no. Yes they could all do with going on a course to show them how to be friendlier to staff, but they are doing something right or it wouldn't be so popular. I think if the waiters engaged me in converstion I would pass out at the shock, maybe a lot of people only have a certain amount of time for lunch and don't want to engage in a conversation.But don't forget the food is good.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

My partner and myself have been going to La Luna for over 2 years,The food,staff,surroundings are brilliant.
It is always a pleasure to dine in this restaurant
Keep up the good work
Keep an eye out for their La Luna specials (fish especially).

Reviewed January 29, 2012

we did go regarly to la Luna but sorry to say we won't be back. when we told them the soup was tasteless the manager was very cocky , shrugged his shoulders and just said knock it off the bill. no sorry or offer of something else. we r not normally fussy but his attitude was very bad. seems alot of people having same experience

Reviewed January 25, 2012

I have been a regular visitor to La Luna since it first opened and have had some really good food served by helpful staff, really enjoyable evenings and lunchtimes. However the quality of the experience is variable dependent upon staffing, on occasions we have been harassed to make choices and vacate the premises, spoiling an otherwise pleasant experience. Having spoken to a number of people this is not an uncommon occurrence, my son went on a Christmas celebration with colleagues and they have vowed as a body never to return because of the attitude of the staff. The observation that customers are turned away is quite true but it is also true that there are a number of quality establishments in Halifax and as the saying goes every dog has its' day. So come on La Luna sort out your staff and get back on track, remind them they are there to serve with a smile and to provide a quality eating experience.
I note with interest that the establishment has made no response to the comments about staff!

1  Thank gouarec
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Sat down and ordered drinks. Looking at the menu, nothing for kids so we asked if they would do a simple ham sandwich (they had a fancier ham sandwich but we just literally wanted bread and ham). The waiter surprised me by saying he needed to check with the kitchen. He astounded me when he came back and said no they couldn't do that. There was just what there was on the menu. We said we'd go elsewhere - and they took payment for the drinks.

Have eaten there before and thought the food was ok. It will take a lot to persuade me back.

Paul