All reviews the pub large portions pie night dog biscuits varied menu family room fish and chips family meal relaxing break a great place to stay pork full english breakfast sunday lunch real ale a lovely stay an overnight stay nothing too much trouble
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

Just back from our 2nd visit to the crossroads inn, with a 3 year gap.
It was just as we had remembered it, lovely comfy room, food is excellent, nothing is too much trouble for the staff.
Properly dog friendly.
Thursday night quiz was good fun

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

I’m just back from a weekend away at the Crossroads Inn, staying with my family in a group of 8 and can’t rate the pub enough.
The check in was easy and the room was bright, clean and welcoming. I initially thought there was no shower just a bath in the en suite but it’s there behind the door! We ate in the pub both evenings of the weekend and the food was delicious, hearty and plentiful and so was breakfast in the morning, I’d rate the cooked breakfast as one of the best I’ve had staying away. The pub landlords were very hospitable and friendly and obviously enjoy running the pub.
All in all I can’t fault the pub and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2018

Stood literally at the Cross Roads at the top of a hill, all alone and surrounded by countryside. I should imagine it looks like something out of Wuthering Heights in the winter months. But we were given a warm welcome and booked in efficiently and has help transporting our luggage and dogs to our room. You don’t get service like that at some of these hotel chains. However the beds were just as comfortable, the room clean, plenty of towels provided, and toiletries. Our room had a separate shower and bath and plenty of cupboard and drawer space, unlike some hotels I could mention. And a small but adequate hairdryer.

The pub has a lovely old fashioned air to it and served good value meals. Our dogs were welcomed into the dining area, and soon settled down to sleep under the table.. Breakfast excellent too, good choice and substantial, served with a smile. Great coffee. We especially liked the sausages.

Good value for money.

Would I stay there again. Yes, for sure. Would I recommend to a friend. Again, yes.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2018

We stayed for one night in a family room, which lovely, comfortable and clean. The dinner and breakfast was just what we were looking for in a country Inn hearty and tasty.

staff were accommodating and friendly.

Will be back if in the area again.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2018

We had a family meal on Saturday, 23 June to celebrate 2 birthdays within the family. The service received was excellent as was the food. Nothing was a problem and I would definitely recommend visiting.

Date of stay: June 2018