“Impressive first visit”

Julio's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 323 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Child friendly, Group party,Welcome.
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Called here for birthday treat for my wife, and despite the negative comments in earlier reviews was very happy.
Greeted by happy staff who showed us to our table. Everyone seemed very happy and helpful, pointing out specials and recommending drinks etc.
There was a large group in for a birthday party, but that certainly didn't seem to affect the service.
The food was all hot and far from bland. My wife had a lasagne while I went for chicken in a BBQ sauce, which had a heck of a kick to it, both from the early bird menu.
Despite the heat that particular night, the restaurant was comfortably cool.
On paying the bill the waiter asked if this was our first time, and hoped to see us again soon, a nice little touch.
Overall, we'd recommend Julio's to anyone looking for good Italian food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Lovely to go to well air conditioned restaurant on a very hot night. Service great but had the feeling staff wanted to get off early. I had antipasto for starters, beautiful except for the four slices of sandwich ham (square processed sandwich ham) used to bulk out the starter, not very italian. main average and cheesecake bland. Has potential to be great but very 80s in menu style

1  Thank kjh112223
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We visited here last week, a quick google suggested Julio's. situated in the basement of a beautiful old building the place has a cosy atmosphere. The good arrives swiftly and was divine. I had an arrabiata with bruschetta to start. The early bird menu is also very good and value for money.

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I was drawn firstly to this restaurant by the shining reviews on trip advisor. We booked a table on the iphone App for our anniversay. They kindly rang the next day to confirm the details were correct. On the night we were greeted and seated swiftly and courteously. The staff were all very friendly and there was a lovely atmosphere. I had Veal in a creamy sauce & fries and my wife had chicken in a tomatoe sauce & fries with an Italian pizza style garlic bread to share... Totally Delicious! The meals came with fresh home cooked bread rolls and butter, yummmm. The garlic bread was thin and crispy with a tomato drizzle and light cheese topping, totally Italian. The sauces were full of flavour and very morish. Everything was perfectly cooked and came swiftly. I like a good portion on my plate and I wasnt disappointed. We finished with a passion fruit & white chocolate cheese cake and a caramel apple crumble with ice cream, thoroughly tasty. I can strongly recommend Julios and I was presently surprised by the price, two meals, one starter, two deserts and drinks for just £45! Bargain!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My partner and myself visited Julio's 23/06/13 for the first time having booked a table over the phone. I was impressed by the friendliness of the staff and the relaxed atmosphere of the place. On arrival we ordered drinks and I was pleased to receive a decent glass of white wine in a very chilled glass. The waiter who took our food order was very pleasant and polite.Both my partner and myself thoroughly enjoyed our starters and mains and were in total agreement that the food was of a very high standard which was was an added bonus considering the prices were so reasonable. All in all we had a very enjoyable evening and can't wait to dine there again. I will be recommending Julio's to all my friends. Well done Julio's for excellent food, service and armosphere!!!!!!!