“A place to return again and again”

Julio's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 297 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Child friendly, Group party,Welcome.
Bradford, United Kingdom
“A place to return again and again”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My partner and myself visited Julio's 23/06/13 for the first time having booked a table over the phone. I was impressed by the friendliness of the staff and the relaxed atmosphere of the place. On arrival we ordered drinks and I was pleased to receive a decent glass of white wine in a very chilled glass. The waiter who took our food order was very pleasant and polite.Both my partner and myself thoroughly enjoyed our starters and mains and were in total agreement that the food was of a very high standard which was was an added bonus considering the prices were so reasonable. All in all we had a very enjoyable evening and can't wait to dine there again. I will be recommending Julio's to all my friends. Well done Julio's for excellent food, service and armosphere!!!!!!!

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Jewel in the rough of Halifax”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

What a great restaurant, just a convenient stone's throw from the Victoria Theatre in the town centre.

The pair of us arrived about 6pm, and were attended to in a friendly manner and seated promptly. We ordered from the early bird menu, and had a Minestrone soup each for starters, a Spaghetti Bolognese and Spaghetti Carbonara for main, and caramel apple pie for afters. The whole thing, with two drinks each, plus tip, came to around £35, which was a bargain. The portion sizes were huge.

What can I fault? Not a lot really, as the service was so spot-on that it seems harsh to criticise. I guess the decor is a bit dated (it's a bit like eating in a Soprano's-style joint, with no natural light as it's in a basement), but it's got character and feels authentic. The minestrone soup was also more like a broth, but I'm being very picky here. It's a definite 5* based on my visit.

• Visited June 2013
“Fantastic food, great service”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Had a lovely meal at Julios for our wedding anniversary. The food was superb and both the staff and Julio himself couldnt do enough for us. An all round great evening.

Thanks to Julio and his staff again

Halifax
“Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Went to Julio's on 1st June for my friend's birthday, we got four starters to share & all were gorgeous especially the garlic pizza bread! Didn't have to wait long at all either (table of 4). We went for the early bird which is so fantastically priced but even if you don't make it for this, the food is well priced anyway (I had wanted monkfish but sadly it wasn't a special that week!).
As it was my friend's birthday, I mentioned this to Julio & asked if he could arrange a surprise for her, before we asked for the bill he & other members of staff gathered round the table to sing happy birthday & present her with some beautiful tiramisu complete with candle & sparkler! She was very embarrassed but it made the evening- thanks Julio & the rest of your team! Looking forward to another visit soon!

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent food & service”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The entrance to Julio's is down about a dozen steps, as you enter the restaurant, there is a bar to the left and pre-meal seating to your right. We were greeted straight away and shown to our table. The menu choice is good and you can choose al la carte or from early bird menu, 2 or 3 course. We find that Julio's has it's own welcoming atmosphere and an almost homely feel to it, which is probably helped by the excellent staff, even when very busy always have a smile on their faces, they are attentative but not overpowering.
We have been several times, as part of a group or just the two of us, whichever we always get the same good food and service.