“Yorkshire Delight”

Woodlands Guest House
Ranked #4 of 15 Halifax B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We arrived at Woodlands in late April and were thrilled at the beautiful, quiet home, surrounded by a stunning garden in bloom. The location was perfect for our vacation. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and were delighted to get to know our hosts. Our room was cozy, clean and comfortable and our breakfasts were delicious. We definitely recommend spending time at the Woodlands! We look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Well what a little gem this B&B is hidden away down a small lane away from all the hustle & bustle of the main road. Very friendly owners they made us feel very welcome and relaxed nothing was too much trouble. Excellent room standards and very high cleanliness in both the bedroom & shower room etc.

Excellent breakfast and after breakfast we had a wonder around the beautiful gardens. Highly recommended and we will stay again,Our room wasn't En-suite this didn't cause us any problems as the shower room was literally two strides across the landing and is exclusive to that particular room on the top floor
Dave & Carol

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed at Woodlands for two nights in February and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Despite the rather wintry weather, the house and grounds were beautiful and my welcome and the hospitality shown to me during my stay equalled the warmth of the very welcome central heating! Breakfasts were excellent and great effort had clearly been made to source the very finest produce. I would highly recommend Woodlands to anyone looking for quiet quality accommodation near to Bradford and Halifax, and I look forward to revisiting Woodlands in the near future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank flo73
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed at Woodlands for three weeks for work nearby. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there, and would highly recommend it. Indeed, it is the best place I have ever stayed in this price range. The welcome is very warm and friendly, the rooms comfortable, and the breakfast excellent. There is even free fast wi-fi.

Not all the rooms are en-suite which might not suit some, but for the price, this is easily the best B&B you'll find in the area or anywhere close. Woodlands is well situated for Halifax and Bradford and the Pennines, with the Yorkshire Dales an hour or so away by car.

Excellent.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Having been working in the area for some ten months I have used Woodlands Guest House on repeat visits and it never fails to please the discenrning traveller.

Both Sue and Barry offer a warm welcome to their comfortable guest house with nothing to much in this lovely West Yorkshire location.

For the Garden Lovers a stunning view awaits to sit enjoy a full English Breakfast. Also Barry takes great care to ensure his eggs are sourced from the free range farms poached are a speciality.

Various rooms are available however, for the single traveller a warm, clean and cosy en suite single awaits to ensure a comfortable nights sleep.

The Guest House is also in a perfect location for business travel in the Halifax area and beyond.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I was working in the area and I wanted somewhere warm, welcoming and comfortable. I got all that and more when I stayed for two nights. The guest house was lovely and had all the amenities you would expect from a hotel, with the added bonus of having a homely feel.

Breakfast was great and the view out to the garden with busy garden birds feeding just outside the window was mesmerising.

It's well off the main road and it is as peaceful as any rural location you care to think of. It's good value for money and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Down a tiny lane, into an oasis of peace and tranquility, lies this wonderfull Guest House, more a home really, the Secret Garden would make any green fingered visitor envious, with just the birds and the tinkle of water to disturb the quiet. It is in a perfect position to go anywhere in West Yorkshire. The hosts are so helpfull if you need directions, the rooms offer books and literature of all kinds, you feel part of a home but totally private. The breakfast is to die for if like me you enjoy a traditional home cooked, with fresh local produce, breakfast. Tea/coffee facilities, TV (but who needs thats in such a wonderfull setting!!!) I would recommend a visit to this wonderfull piece of heaven, you would not be dissapointed I assure you.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with IKnowUK