“lovely place lovely food”

Brasserie at the Bull
Ranked #15 of 309 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed June 24, 2013

visited fri 21st june lovely place lovely food lovely staff the onion rings are scrummy as r the home made chips steak cooked to perfection defo recommend a visit worth a look

There are newer reviews for Brasserie at the Bull

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Although we have probably tried most of the restaurants in Halifax, for some unknown reason we have managed to overlook this one - BIG MISTAKE. We decided to try the Brasserie last weekend, starting with a few cheeky drinks downstairs and then moving upstairs into the lovely restaurant for our meal. I have to say that the whole evening was excellent. From the charming drinks waiter in the bar, to the gracious maitre d' in the restaurant - not forgetting the bubbly energetic waiting staff upstairs. The food was simply delicious, freshly cooked and beautifully presented. My wife and I both thought that this was actually one of the nicest meals we have had out in a long while - (and we have had a lot !!) Needless to say, we will be back again this weekend - this place is going to take some beating !!

1  Thank philipivory
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We dined at the Brasserie on Sat 1st June on recommendation of our daughter who lives in the area.
We had booked a table for four and from the friendly welcome on arrival to leaving everything was excellent.
Our young waiter called 'Ry' was very good, friendly efficient and had knowledge of the extensive menu.
All the food from the starters of home maid mushroom soup and the shared Asian Plate to the mains of Trio of Lamb or the Confit of Duck were well presented, the food was very tasty and hot.
No room for a dessert.
To sum up: Excellent food and value for money. Will be back soon.

1  Thank Birdie2boy
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We dined at the Brasserie last night for our Anniversary. The food was beautiful, freshly cooked and lovely taste. The house wine was lovely. I had cheese and biscuits for the sweet, but my husband and niece had puddings, both of which were very decidant. All in all, a wonderful experience which we will be repeating, just for a nice treat and it was a little expensive but worth every penny.

1  Thank pinski13
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We were staying in Halifax for the weekend and visited the Restaurant on a Friday evening.
The friendly bar staff offered us a choice of dining in the bar area or upstairs in the the main restaurant. We chose to sit in a cosy booth and although the bar was really busy we were able to hold a conversation as well as enjoy the music. We all enjoyed our meals and the service was great. (My 'Trio of Lamb' main meal was amazing)
I left my reading glasses behind and when I realised, I emailed via the website, I had a reply from Phil who then posted them to my home - what customer service!!

1  Thank Bev-Strev