“Fantastic”
Review of Copsewood House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hayling Island
Copsewood House
Ranked #3 of 15 Hayling Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Recently stayed at the Copsewood House. Jill And Ray were totally Amazing. Beautiful Character house, with an open fire. Breakfast was second to none. Rooms Were spacious and comfortable. Complimentry wine in the room with tea and coffee facilities. We had a great time there and have already booked again for this year. Thank you again

Room Tip: Balcony room was amazing with views to match
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
FlowerHayling, Owner at Copsewood House, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

We very much appreciate your review and for you taking the time to write one for Copsewood House. It was a pleasure to meet you and we hope next time you will be able to join us for a BBQ with plenty of sunshine.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at Copsewood House over the New Year and it was fantastic. We were made so welcome by Jill and Ray and nothing was too much trouble. We stayed in the Blue Room which was so comfortable, made all the nicer by complimentary wine, water and mince pies - little touches that made our stay even more special. The breakfasts were amazing and I just wish we could have stayed even longer than the 4 days we had booked. We will certainly be back!.....hopefully in the summer when we can experience Hayling Island in the sun! Thank you Jill and Ray for a truly wonderful stay and a lovely start to 2013. Happy New Year to you both! :) Carolyn and Phil

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to right your review on Copsewood House. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to Welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had the same good level of service that I had when I last stayed here with Jill running the place. Room clean and tidy, good breakfast with a nice range of marmalades etc. Internet was responsive. Excellent for a business stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
FlowerHayling, Owner at Copsewood House, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

I am pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay at Copsewood House and I thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The place is fab, great people ,yum breakfast with everthing you can wish for ,i would recormend to everyone ,have stayed twice poss again very soon lovely house 5+ would love to own it myself.close to the beach shops and pubs, stay in the blue room it is a large room with views over th contryside loved it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

It always good to have feedback from our Guests and we appreciate you taking the time to write your review, thank you. I am very pleased you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed being at our house and had a "Yum Breakfast". We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

The house is in a good location. We had the balcony room, which was not spacious but did have an excellent view over the garden. Must be great in warm weather. The bed was comfy and the room was warm.
We appreciated the wine, water and use of little toiletries/perfumes etc.
The decor was a bit tired and the bathroom mirror light didn't work.
In Jill's absence a few things had been overlooked. We didn't realise until the following morning that we should have been given a key to our bedroom. We asked for one then and promptly got it.
The breakfast table was adorned with an arrangement of two very dead flowers (gone by the second morning without our saying anything). The smoked salmon in my scrambled eggs was in big slabs rather than bite-sized pieces, which I would have preferred. My daughter spotted a greenish bit on the edge of my toast, which could have been mould, so I left it.On the second morning our other daughter's cooked breakfast had been fogotten altogether. The cook was apologetic and quickly cooked it, but it meant a wait for us all so as not to leave her eating alone.
The house was quiet and we had space to park, except that, when there are more than a couple of cars, it is necessary to park partly off the tarmac and on what was a puddly and muddy border.
From reading the other reviews, I reckon everything would have been spot on had Jill been there, so perhaps our experience wasn't typical, but I can only report how it was for us.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
FlowerHayling, Owner at Copsewood House, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you for your honest review and for you time. When I took your booking I had a full time Housekeeper whom I had trained specifically for the purpose of me being able to have time off, unfortunately due to her dishonesty she had to leave. I thought I had covered my work load, but your stay proves that I really have to be on site to ensure my standards are maintained. I had already decided that in the future when I am unable to be present I will not take any bookings. I hope that if you are in our area in the future you will give me a chance to look after you to our normal 5 star standard. The Balcony room is lovely especially when the sun is out and is due for refurbishment this winter, also the extra car parking area is being tarmaced this winter and the exterior of the house is all being completely decorated. Thank you once again, Jill

Reviewed September 19, 2012

we stayed at copsewood for one night in may last year , i believe it was.there was a very warm welcome from jill.also that day there was a wedding going on somewhere and the parking was a bit tight but we managed.the guests were quiet and we never heard them come home.the room was comfy and as it was the balcony room it seemed that bit larger.it was clean and comfy and the food was GREAT !!! we will definately be booking again.

Room Tip: balcony room is great
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
FlowerHayling, Owner at Copsewood House, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, it is much appreciated and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I booked Copsewood after reading the glowing reviews on TA, and taking a look at the web site. The house is situated in a very pleasantly quiet and peaceful part of Hayling Island.But......

We had the Blue Room, this was very large with lots of room, and the en suite was also generous in size. An especial plus point was the extra large bath sheet! We both like to wrap up fully in a bath sheet that completely envelopes you! The bed was very soft and comfortable, good if you like a very soft bed.........The sunken bath was surprisingly easy to get in and out. The hot tap on the basin runs at only a trickle - if you want hot water in the basin, run the bath tap until the water is hot then use the sink tap - you'll have a long wait otherwise.

We were also extremely well looked-after by the cook/housekeeper in the owner's absence, so why only four points. Well there were some things wrong, things that should have been picked up - and corrected - with proper housekeeping. The upholstered corner chair in the bedroom was in imminent danger of collapse, the arms were loose and quite literally came apart. The catch on the mini fridge was broken away and the door wouldn't secure. We took to keeping it closed by placing the bottle of water against it. The joints for the stool with the dressing table were also loose suggesting that the stool might collapse. We also noticed that used glasses in the bedroom weren't being cleaned when the room was checked over. The web site also mentions complimentary bottled water. I couldn't help but wonder why the seal was broken when we went to pour some out! Still, I guess it was bottled water......

Alright these are little niggles, but what came quite close to earning this place a one-star review was one evening when seemingly the daughter of one of the owners decided to have friends around for a very noisy drinking session in the garden. There were children running around shouting and screaming, and music was so loud the whole building was vibrating. I won't even mention the parking problems that evening! 0/10 for that!!

Room Tip: Top Tip: there's an excellent garden centre with peaceful tea room just a short distance along C...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BroadlandWanderer
FlowerHayling, Owner at Copsewood House, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you for your valued review and I am sorry for the slight delay in responding, we only returned this morning. Although we did not meet our standards on this occasion, I am appreciative that you were able to commend the room, en-suite etc. and cook/housekeeper.

With regard to the other side and the “little niggles”, as you kindly put it, I will address and rectify these problems as soon as possible. The fridges we do constantly renew due to wear and tear and this will be done, that nor any of the furniture had problems when I left, however breakages do happen and I regret that these must have occurred just before your arrival. The bottled water is tap water, put there for the Guest’s convenience as it is a difficult angle to fill the kettle from the en-suite basin tap, this is pointed out during part of the greeting session, however we were called away on short notice and I should have covered this point more accurately with my great staff, in addition I have looked at our website and it does imply differently and I will have this altered. I hope you did enjoy your complimentary wine. The antique upholstered corner chair on inspection today does have a loose arm and this has been removed ready for collection and repair.

With regard to the inappropriate party held and associated parking problems, that was held our absence I can only apologise most profusely and sincerely to you and the other Guests and this will be addressed by my husband as to its severity and will be made very clear this is never to happen again.