“Take That Tribute Weekend”

Warner Lakeside Coastal Village
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hayling Island
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Very good at Lakeside as always.
Chalet was very warm just as well as it was a bitterly cold weekend.
The staff at the resort are by far the best we have found at Warner resorts they are friendly and extremely helpful nothing being to much trouble unlike Cricket St Thomas and Littlecote House.
Lots going on during the day.
Entertainment very good.
Food very good and you can eat as much as you like which seem to suit quite a lot of people there.
Our waiter could not have been anymore attentive he was excellent.
Would certainly recommend this resort to people over 60.

Room Tip: Choose a room close to the amenities as some of them are quite a distance away ask when booking.
2  Thank BJHawkins
Michelle H, Guest Relations Manager at Warner Lakeside Coastal Village, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Our Take That weekends are often regarded very highly with our guests so I am pleased to read you enjoyed your break.

All feedback both positive and negative is shared with my team. I am sad to hear you did not have better weather as our grounds are truly amazing to explore.

I will be sure to share your feedback with the restaurant team.

I look forward to seeing you at Lakeside Coastal Village again soon.

Michelle Holdsworth, Guest Relations Manager on behalf of Simon Haslam, General Manager

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We booked an unplanned very last minute break to see a Take That tribute band. I was advised that it was the last room and therefore could not choose which standard. With this in mind we were pleasantly surprised. The room had plenty of storage space and was clean and warm. We were able to park within a short walk of our accomodation and also it was only a couple of minutes from the main entertainment and restaurant. The food was to a good standard (and we are a bit fussy) and the waiter who greeted us was exceptional. I wish i had taken his name. He also checked on us at breakfast the next morning. We were entertained by the resident band (especially liked the keyboard player, Alan) and the absolute bonus was Take That back!! What a great night.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestLiaisonLakeside, Guest Liaison at Warner Lakeside Coastal Village, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the Take That tribute band and would like to confirm that they are due to be returning to us in the future.

Thank you so much for your positive comments about the waiter and the food available. Alan, our keyboard player, will also be rewarded for his efforts.

It is fantastic to hear you had a great time and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We planned this trip in order to give one of our ederley parents a long weekend away, we had been to other Warner hotels in the past and enjoyed the experience. We had also stayed at their coastal resort in the East of England and found it good value.
I should have realised that we were goin to experienc problems when the receptionist greeted me with " we have no allocated you adjacent rooms as requested but they are opposite each other"! She failed to realise that bein seperated by he main road into the complex wasn't merely an inconvenience but a major problem when dealin with an ederley relative durin one of the coldest Springs for 50 years.
The table that we were allocated compounded the problem as it was adjacent to one o the main entrances into the dining room an was like eating in a cold draughty thoroughfare. However it didn't really have as detrimental effect on the dining experience as the poor bland food served up every evening and morning. I made the mistake of opting for the curry special one evening-I've tasted spicier baby food. The rest of the offering was generally as bland and unappetising-thank god for the local restaurants in Havant and Chichester. The only thing that was k
Less acceptable than the food was the manner in which it was served up bu scruffy surly cooks at the hot plates who's personalities should never of led them to consider a customer facing occupation.
We were really dissapointed with the experience and certainly will never visit this establishment again and will think long and hard before bookin another Warners facility.

Room Tip: Pay for the most expensive available and if only a standard room is available-don't bother
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank roadking12

I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your break with us at Lakeside.

I would like to assure you that the Reception Team would have done everything they could to ensure you were allocated rooms as close to each other as possible and would not have hesitated at moving you to nearer accommodation if it was available.

I am also sorry to hear of your disappointing experience in the Chichester Cabaret Diner. The Restaurant Manager has seen your comments and has asked me to thank you for your feedback and assure you he will be looking into them personally. We do have many guests who enjoy the food and come back again and again just for the dining experience but I do understand that this is down to personal preference.

I am sorry to hear that you will not be visiting us again and hope your experience has not deterred you from future Warner Breaks.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have just come back from a two night break at Lakeside and we were very impressed with the resort. We stayed in a Lodge which was clean and very warm. The bathroom could probably do with a re-vamp but it was clean and bright with unlimited hot water. The meals were very good in both choice and flavour and the entertainment was the best we have ever seen. Congratulations to the entertainment staff the dancers and singers were great and worked really hard to put on fast paced lively entertainment. I'm not a fan of the after dinner Bingo but clearly a lot of guests were, but that's my preference. Thoroughly recommend this resort, everyone was so friendly and helpful

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank DexterR

I really enjoyed reading your review. Thank you for spending some time you leave us your feedback and lovely comments.

My team work really hard to ensure guests have an excellent time, a chance to dance and generally really enjoy their break.

I will be sure to share your feedback with the team.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Having read and after conversations with past customers of Warner Breaks my 50th Birthday break looked to be the ideal option for a weekend break. Unfortunately what a disappointment the whole experience proved to be.

I have attached a sample of the photos of the upgraded accommodation provided for us to stay in and did report the problem to the management who sent a cleaner round to the room. She looked and said that the bathroom would be reported to maintenance as the mould and extractor fan was maintenance and not cleaning. Unfortunately the room’s walls were covered in marks. If I had been stopping at a budget hotel I would not have accepted the room, however as we were with friends and it was a special break the room although not as expected we gave the benefit of doubt to and stayed.

The whole advertising of the Warner break is an adult themed weekend and did not say ‘bingo along with the grand children of the residents providing the entertainment team. The main activity being of Warner dancing is not mentioned in your advertising in any way. As we walked round the complex it became clear the centre was in urgent need of refurbishment and modernising including the pool area, we had planned on using the spa and leisure club however it can best be described as in need of work. The whole experience is not as advertised and a best description is a poor holiday camp.

The main evening meal and entertainment also proved to be disappointing as when we arrived on the evening the menu had changed from advertised on the web, by now we laughed and enjoyed a meal from the menu. Followed by a evening of bingo and ‘comedy’ provided by the resident team and house band. Breakfast proved to be yet another issue with waiter Karol proving to be brilliant by resolving the problem of a cold Eggs Benedict which was ordered from the menu. The food proved to be just acceptable overall with things not as good as expected.

We finally gave up after ‘Tomtastic’ and his band proved the entertainment for us all with his show of limited cover numbers and bingo yet again. So after breakfast on Sunday we gave up and set off back home deciding that we at 50-60 are not ready for the Warner experience just yet.

I will try a Warner break at another venue in future perhaps when a little older but never ‘Lakeside camp’

1  Thank Cricket50_13

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I apologise that your 50th birthday break did not meet your expectations. All feedback both positive and negative is read by team members at the village.

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your evening meal. We often receive very positive feedback about our quality of food and variety of dishes and therefore your experience does not sound up to our usual standards. I therefore apologise.

I have fed your comments on the restaurant back to the team, it is important that we act upon guest feedback.

I hope it will not deter you from using us for a break in the future.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was our first visit to a Warner's Hotel and was for a mid-week break (staying for two nights). We were able to check in early which was a pleasant surprise. We found the staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was good and there was a lot of choice. The bed was very comfortable. However, the room was a little tired and in need of refurbishment. It was reasonable value for money as we had a good discount.

2  Thank SueveC

Thank you for your great comments and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your first Warner experience.

We do like to provide an early check in, where possible, and it is nice to see that the Team were friendly. Some of our accommodation is in line for refurbishment and plans are in place to do this.

Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We have just had a Friday to Monday break at this Warner site and had a great time. We are only in our early 40s and thought we would be one of the youngest ones there but we was not.We went with my father in law,and family friends. Its an adult only camp so its great not having children around. We were not short of things to do plenty going on daytime as well as evenings.The entertainments team were very good. The food was excellent, plenty of it and help yourself at the buffet is a bonus.The chalets are very modern and clean.The pool is slightly on the small side but lovely and warm,also used the steam room and sauna.We would definately go back again.

1  Thank louistheman

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your mid-week break with us. We have many guests that also enjoy breaks with Lakeside due to the fact that we are an adult only village therefore there are no children around.

We also, as you have mentioned, have a large number of activities to do during the day and I am glad to hear that you made the most of this and the other facilities we have here.

I am also glad to see your comments reflect the improvements in entertainment and food which have been put in place.

Thank you so much for your review and we hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayling Island
Farmhouse & Innlodge
Farmhouse & Innlodge
#33 of 39 in Portsmouth
Travelodge Chichester Emsworth

Been to Warner Lakeside Coastal Village? Share your experiences!