We have recently spent 3 nights at Lakeside. The chalet, a standard plus, was in need of some tlc especially the bathroom. We could not upgrade as all the other accommodation was booked.
They operate a system there where the table where you eat your meal is yours for the night to watch the evening's entertainment. We were allocated a table which had a column obscuring the view of the stage area. We asked about this but were assured that at 9 p.m. we would be able to move to a better table vacated by other diners who were not staying for the evening's entertainment. This did not happen on any of the 3 nights as the people in the good seats stayed in the good seats. One lady I spoke to said she had been told that she had been lucky to get a seat at all as they were so busy and that guests get there as early as 10 a.m. to check in the book the best tables.
On the first night my husband went up to the carvery but the chicken, carrots, and mashed potatoes had run out and there was only one sausage in the dish. He was told there would be a 10 minute wait for the chicken. He found the catering staff to have a lax attitude.
I personally had the a la carte which was reasonable but not very warm.
The swimming pool is very small and you have to swim anti clockwise. If, like me, you are quite a strong swimmer you either tread water constantly or have to try and pass someone.
The staff on the whole work very hard and luckily we had dry, but cold, weather. Our chalet was at the very edge of the complex so we would have been soaked by the time we got to the entertainment building if it had been raining.
The free dance lesson was excellent.
We have now been on 5 Warners holidays and this, from the point of view of accommodation, was the worst. We will go to Warners again but not Lakeside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic Resort. You'll love the lake that gives this Classic Resort its name but Lakeside is about the seaside too. Sea air and great views are all part of the magic here. There's plenty to keep you busy at traditional Lakeside, including an indoor bowls complex. Midweek and Weekend breaks inclusive of breakfast and 3-course dining, live evening entertainment and extensive leisure activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your Warner Lakeside Coastal Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warner Lakeside Coastal Village Hotel Hayling Island
- Warner Lakeside Classic Hotel
- Warner Lakeside Coastal Village Hayling Island, Hampshire