“An excellent weekend break ...”

Sinah Warren Coastal Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hayling Island
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Excellent accommodation, excellent food and excellent entertainment makes Sinah Warren a venue that is second to none for the "no kids please" holidaymakers. Whilst the average age is quite high, the energy that these older persons exude is a delight to watch, especially on the dance floor where they put the younger holidaymakers to shame! It's a pleasure to watch even if you don't partake yourself. Comfy beds and clean and warm rooms (some with the most fantastic views of the sea) are a delight and the choice of food is exemplary, even the fussiest eaters would find plenty to eat. If you fancy a nice relaxing weekend, this is the place to go.

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea view are quite special, but be careful if you can't walk too far as some of the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,956)

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I visited Sinah Warren for a weekend break, not sure what to expect, I was utterly delighted with the reception I recieved, the accommodation was clean, neat and very comfortable. The food was excellent with a wide variety of choices, either self service or table service. The shows were again excellent, A comedian the first night, Lesley Garratt the second evening and a chat with her on the Sunday morning with an outstanding show by the resident staff on the Sunday night. I could not have had a better weekend and would recommend this to anyone wishing a break away. On the Satuday there was an outing to Gunwarf Quays at a reasonable price, if you did not want to go there they had plenty of entertainment throughout the day, with a swimming pool and sauna etc also available. I was in one of the Chalet's in a nice setting and as mentioned before very comfortable with everything you would need for a short stay.
There are nice walks around the area and along the shore line. the outdoor swimming pool looked lovely but it was far to cold to use at this time of year, I would imagine in the summer it would be great.

Room Tip: If I go again I would like a room on the ground floor, in the main building looking out to the water...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013

after many boring holidays in 4 and 5 star hotels in this country and abroad we were recemended to warners by friends,since then we have been to several warner hotels and have been very impressed with the excellent quality and variety of the food the cleanliness of our rooms and all areas of the hotels.The gardens and all outside areas are beautiful,but where these hotels really come into there own particularly on wet days is the non stop activities which take place all through the day,you are able to join in or find a comfortable lounge to sit have a coffee etc.But the best part is evenings there is every thing going on from all types of danceing to visiting comediens etc then most evenings the very talented young singers and dancers in the entertainment team put on shows which wouldent be out of place in the west end.We never get bored now and our favourite hotel has to be sinah warren with the friendliest of staff and the best entertainment team anywhere.

Room Tip: signature rooms on the top floor
1  Thank terryr731
Reviewed April 8, 2013

First time at a Warners hotel but most impressed and will certainly return.Room was very spacious & comfortable if not quite away from main area.Entertainment was as good as west end show on both the Wednesday & Thursday evenings.Food was plentiful but serving at the buffet was a bit chaotic at times

Room Tip: Signature room I worth the extra
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Lovely place in a great location. It was April and had been cold, but plenty of places to walk and things to do in the day. Do think there could be a little more open in the evening, games room for example. Good food but coffee was the worse I have tasted!

On the positive the staff worked hard and did anything to help and we look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: Didnt use room service so could not comment
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We arrived at Sinah Warren on Friday 5th April. As conceierge members we were told to check in at the Pavillion (where all the dancing and entertainment takes place). So after queueing there and getting our keys I asked if I could open a charge card, 'Oh you can't do that here you have to go to Reception'. The queue was rediculous but I had no choice but to join it, the queue was so long it was in the coffee shop. I was then told by the receptionist to go to the Restaurant to check out our table number. The queue there was lining up on the corrider. I have never been to a hotel and had to queue three times!!! Regulars be warned, they no longer give you a towel at the Lesure centre to go swimming but there was no notification or signs anywhere so I had to walk all the way back to my room (which was a good 10 mins walk) to get a towel. You are no longer given a chocolate with your tea or coffee in the dining room either. They are making subtle cut backs and you won't get your 10% discount for your loyalty anymore. You are given a book of vouchers for dry cleaning and the AA instead. You only get 2 vouchers for lunch now. Also if you like strong tea forget it. I was told I would have to pay an extra £1.90 for a 'one cup' poor quality tea bag next time. I complained to the coffee shop manager as the food and drink is vastly overprised anyway without being ripped off. She very kindly let me have the tea bag free of charge. As a regular customer I resent feeling ripped off as it is not cheap to go to Sinah Warren. On average my husband and I go once a month as my husband feels comfortable there. Come on Sinah Warren, speed up the check in process and get rid of those stupid vouchers and value your regular customers a bit more. I never thought I would ever give this hotel one star I just hope it improves before we go again at the end of May!!

Room Tip: I have been in all grades of room and I prefer the signature and Royale rooms as I like to have a fr...
2  Thank Dowding
Michelle H, Guest Relations Manager at Sinah Warren Coastal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you for your feedback.

I apologise you found negatives in your stay with us. Our reception team try as hard as they can to serve all guests quickly and efficiently.

You will always be allocated a table at the dining room, if you do not have a specific requirement of where you'd like to stay you do not need to queue.

I will take your feedback on board about the concierge booklet.

Looking forward to seeing you again in May.

Michelle Holdsworth, Guest Relations Manager on behalf of Martin Plummer, General Manager.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My partner and I visited the Sinah Warren Hotel on Saturday 6th April for an Afternoon Tea for Two gift experience.

On arrival, four members of staff were hanging around at reception. We stated that we were there for afternoon tea, and were told to go to the Coffee Lounge - we were not taken there, and directions were vague.

Not knowing exactly where we were supposed to go; we sat down in a seating area near the serving desk. After 5 minutes, no one had greeted us so we moved closer to the serving desk. Another 5 minutes passed, so my partner went up to the desk. The staff claimed they had "lost" us, but they didn't even bother looking!

We were taken through to the restaurant, which was nicely air conditioned (the heat in all other areas is over-whelming!).

The Afternoon Tea was average - the gift was worth £39. For this we got 12 finger sandwich slices - cheese and pickle, salmon and ham and mustard. The sandwiches were falling apart. One scone each (would have expected two) and 5 mini cakes (for two people - surely this should be an even number?).

We had a pot of tea and coffee. When asked if we would like more tea/coffee; my partner said "yes". An hour later, no coffee. By this time the waitress appeared again and asked if we would like some more. I said "No", as we'd been waiting long enough.

The Afternoon Tea was "nice", but definitely not worth £39 - I've had better at a De Vere Hotel. Service was poor - I feel we were not treated as well as other guests. It may have been because we had a gift voucher, or it may have been our age (being approx. 50 years younger than their average clientele!). I would not recommend.

2  Thank gl321
#1 of 39 in Portsmouth
Best Western Royal Beach Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North
Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth

Been to Sinah Warren Coastal Hotel? Share your experiences!