“Winter Wonderland”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Funland

Funland
More attraction details
Owner description: The South Coast's Favourite Amusement Park!!!
England
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Winter Wonderland”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

We visited the Winter Wonderland as it was recommended to us. The wonderland itself was better than expected, especially as my little one was free as he's under 2 and he still got a present from Santa (a teddy and Christmas carols CD). He loved the indoor train ride after seeing Santa but it was a shame that the train didn't do two loops of the track instead of one as I'd just got my camera out to take a photo when the train stopped.

We weren't so impressed with the soft play area. It was dated and dirty, with rubbish left lying around. Not all of the fairground rides were working outside and there were none that I was able to go on with my little one as he wasn't old enough to go on them by himself. We also had to wait an hour to go into the wonderland. We had to queue in the order that we'd booked online in for the time slot rather than the order we arrived in which would've been better.

All in all, because he was free, it was good value but I'm not sure that I'd pay for him to go next year unless he could make use of the rides and if the soft play area was renewed.

1 Thank Nattie224

Whiteley, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Christmas and Summer at Funland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

We discovered Funland summer 2013. We parked at the far end of the small train in the car park a mile away from Funland. We took the train and enjoyed Funland so much we were 30 mins late back to the car. We had paid for 3 hours and arrived back 3 hours 30 mins. Only to find a parking ticket for 25 quid. What a mistake! We'll never use that car park again.

But that did not put us off. The next time we went to Funland's own car park which was huge very cheap and included some free tokens. Why had we not used this one last time?!?

Again we expected to spend a couple of hours but instead spent the entire day. We have a 2 year old. She loved all the rides outside, the dodgems, the rides inside, the soft play etc. As a dad I liked the thrill rides and dodgems and arcades. We went there most weekends until it closed for winter.

Then we returned for Winter Wonderland. Yet again I underestimated the time we wanted to spend there. Very good value for money. The wonderland itself was high quality. The wonderland train was great. We made a mistake of walking too quickly through the wonderland and had to wait until santa was ready. We should have taken our time and taken in the wonder.

We have seasons tickets to quite a few places such as Paulton's Park, Staunton (hampshire passport), Longdown Farm and Marwell Zoo. That won't stop us coming here.

We also took some friends who are pretty tight on cash. They thought it was great.

Visited September 2013
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Winter wonderland at funland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

I took all my children and grandchildren, 18 of us in total, and we all had an amazing time, we were well impressed with the whole set up and Father Christmas didn't rush us and took time to talk to all the kids even though the queue was getting a bit busy, would definitely recommend and we will be doing it again this year.

4 Thank Mandy B
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful Wonderland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

My Family of four Grandchildren aged 2, 5, 6, and 9 together with all their parents, spent a lovely Christmas Eve morning visiting Hayling Funland and Winter Wonderland. Everyone came back enthused by the experience and all the parents were extremely impressed by the organisation, Santa, the Elves, the train and everything about the whole experience. Thank you Hayling Funland

2 Thank Jean J
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Christmas fun at Funland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

A big 'thank you' to everyone who made our Grandson's visit to 'Funland' to see Father Christmas such a great success. He had a lovely time, thanks to all the very friendly & efficient staff and of course Father Christmas himself! A very well organised attraction. Whilst we were wandering around we heard a lot of very good comments and all the children around us were having a good time. We were recommended to take him here as opposed to other venues and I am glad we did. Will be going back this Christmas but a word of warning - book early to avoid disappointment!!