“A feast for vegetarians too”

Food Fiend Experience
More attraction details
Owner description: Food Fiend Experience is a cookery school specialising in international cuisine. Offering unique group experiences. Demonstration and hands on classes are available followed by eating the food which has been prepared. Ideally suited for hosting special events including birthdays, hen/ stag parties, anniversaries, engagement dinners and all manner of group celebrations.An intimate and cosy venue which provides a private and highly unique setting.
Chichester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A feast for vegetarians too”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Kathy's Food Fiend taster session is a brilliant way to sample her cooking in wonderful surroundings. As someone who has been vegetarian for over 30 years it is quite difficult to impress me with vegetarian food but I was delighted with the Vegetable Tagine which she served and the chocolate cake was to die for! Kathy makes you feel at home right from when you enter her house. Highly recommended.

Visited February 2013
Kathyfitchett, Owner at Food Fiend Experience, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Hilary, many thanks for your praise, it is great to impress someone who has been a vegetarain for such a long time. I feel it is important to alleviate vegetarian food as many people seem to think it isn't particularly tasty or interesting. It is so much healthier for you and much lower in fat as well, so lots of benefits if you know what to do with the raw ingredients.

I look forward to cooking for you again.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Fun with Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

My partner and I went to the Food Fiend Chinese cooking experience at Kathy's home on Hayling Island in January. I had planned it for my partner as he has become increasingly passionate about cooking, but me less so, however, Kathy encouraged me to participate, and I am really glad she did!! From the start of the course it was fun, never a dull moment and Kathy made us feel very relaxed and at home in her beautiful home. I surprised myself at how keen I felt to join in and get involved, Kathy made it so interesting and enjoyable, and my confidence grew as the day progresses. The kitchen and its equipment is amazing, we had everything we needed and some! When we had completed all 10 of our dishes at the end of the day we sat down in her kitchen diner with her family, and thoroughly enjoyed the fruits of our labour, and even had a dish to take home and cook, which was also delicious and now a regular simple yet very tasty meal we have at home. We cannot wait to have another experience and will be taking my partner's parents with us for a group cookery experience. the only problem is trying to decide from all the options which culinary experience to try next!!

Visited January 2013
Kathyfitchett, Owner at Food Fiend Experience, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments Diane. When you decided to book a hands on cookery experience for your boyfriend as a present, I thought it was a fabulous idea and then you told me he wanted you to do it too I thought, now that's a wise man! We had exchanged many emails over the weeks before the 'big day' and I think I was looking forward to it as much as you. It was so much fun and I laughed most of the day as well. I was very pleased that you really got 'stuck in' and embraced the whole experience. Even though Bret is very competent and enjoys his cooking it was good to know that he picked up a few new skills too. I am looking forward to having you and your family for another experience later in the year.
Waterlooville, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A fantastic culinary experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have visited Food Fiend twice and on each occasion I have enjoyed wonderful food expertly prepared by our host Kathy Fitchett. Included was a tour of Kathy's beautiful home, ideal surroundings to celebrate a special event, either personal or corporate. The Rowans is easy to find with free street parking.

Visited February 2013
Many thanks for your feedback Martin. I love food and making people happy through my food, so I am delighted you keep coming back for more.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“A lovely way to spend a lunchtime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Kathy really is the hostess with the mostess, she is very welcoming and clearly loves her luxurious kitchen and sociable open rooms as much as she loves cooking (and golf). I wasn't attending one of her full on Food Fiend courses but the little taster I had was enough to know it would be a lot of fun and very useful.

Visited February 2013
Thank you for coming to the Taster Session and I am really pleased it didn't disappoint. I hope you will be coming back again soon with your friends.

Chichester
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful food and venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Kathy cooks up a wonderful feast in a beautiful setting which is ideal for either getting a group of friends together, holding an event, dinner party, celebration in the summer or winter. She also holds some great training sessions for those keen to learn to cook various dishes that she can tailor make to you. Highly recommended. (Fab kitchen too!)

Visited February 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments Claire and looking forward to seeing you again soon.