“My first visit to Warner's Sinah Warren”

Driftwood Restaurant
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I loved every thing at Sinah Warren..the food ..the staff..the Chalet..and of course the entertainment was excellant..you could not dislike anything

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The food in the Driftwood REstaurant at the Sinah Warren Hotel was excellent with a wide choice to chose from, either served at your table or self service at the wonderful carvery. The waiter was so polite and helpful , always cheerful and ready to give advice if needed. Well done .

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I Understand that they are catering to a large amount of people in a short space of time but carvery every day for 5 days is a bit boring, food very bland,

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Let me start by saying that I only went to Sinah Warren for the Sunday Carvery so have no idea what the rest of the facilities at the hotel are like.

The carvery was, without a shadow of a doubt, the worst food I have tasted (although taste does not really enter into it) for a good many years. I have been to a few indifferent carveries in the past but this was the pits. Tasteless meat - the only distinction between the turkey and beef was that the turkey was more overcooked, neither had any discernible flavour. Dismal vegetables - greasy tasteless roast potatoes, flavour-free carrots, mashed swede that had a peculiar grey pallor although it did have some taste, albeit best described as rank. And then there was the gravy which looked and tasted like the previous day's washing up water and horseradish sauce of a peculiarly watery consistency, undoubtedly the cheapest available from the local cash and carry.

So, I thought, the sweet must be better. Oh no it isn't. I should have been wary of coffee and walnut sponge with vanilla custard, something I have never encountered before (and hope to never again) but I didn't, in all honesty, expect too much. However, I think it was probably worse than the previous course. There was no discernible flavour of anything in the sponge other than a vague greasiness. The custard was of the same consistency as the aforementioned gravy and was probably the same dishwater with a bit of flour and colouring added. And then the cup of taste free coffee - just like drinking dirty water.

As others have mentioned, the majority of the customers seemed to be well past their 80th birthdays. I assume that, if you were brought up in the austerity days of wartime Britain, this type of food would probably be acceptable but it just isn't in 2012.

The service was amateurish, about the standard of a bad Harvester. The waiter didn't seem too surprised to find that there was a piece of chewing gum stuck to my wife's seat. They do provide antiseptic hand wash at the entrance to the restaurant but I think that you're probably better off using it on the way out.

I would never go near a Warner Hotel again on the basis of this experience.