“our first getaway”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hayling Island
London, England, United Kingdom
“our first getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

The hotel was comforatable but the staff could of been a lot more welcoming. Our stay though was good, we enjoyed the swimming pool,steam room, sauna and jaccuzi facilities. We only ever had breakfast downstairs once and once again was disappointed by the staff and how unwelcoming they were. We had a lovely room which was kept quite clean. Over all it was a nice getaway.

Room Tip: You need to double check if you have smoking or non smoking room and rooms at the back of the hotel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelcareteam, General Manager at Langstone Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us however will be addressing your comments regarding the staff with my managers as we pride ourselves on the service we offer.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Langstone Hotel in the near future.

Clint Marsh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
Southampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We attended a wedding at the hotel and booked a room so that we could really enjoy ourselves. The wedding was lovely but unfortunately our room was not. The day of the wedding was a very hot Summer's day and the room along with the rest of the hotel had the air conditioning switched off, as we were informed on checkout when we complained. As there was no air conditioning we had a very noisy tower fan perched on the desk and as this was on all night as my husband and son were very hot, I got no sleep at all. The wet room was also badly designed as water went all over the floor even around the basin and toilet which made getting dressed etc rather difficult. When we went to breakfast the following morning, the staff apparently could not make the tables up fast enough and we were asked to sit in the bar area and wait to be seated behind a queue of other people in the same situation. As breakfast finished at 10am and we arrived at 9.30, we thought we would have plenty of time to eat but as we had to wait for 10/15 minutes to be seated we unfortunately got the 'dregs' of the breakfast. When my husband got a croissant for me, I got the smallest and very last one there. As it was not our fault that we could not get in to breakfast earlier, I would have hoped and expected that the staff would keep the breakfasts replenished, which did not happen. When I complained about this also on check out, I was told that our breakfasts would be deducted from the invoice but upon checking, this has not happened. I was then emailed by the General Manager asking for comments which I did via email, which was about two weeks ago and I am still waiting for a response. I had high expectations from this hotel as the setting is beautiful but unfortunately the service and facilities do not live up to the setting.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Lorna C

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor.

I was disappointed to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience. I do not believe I have seen an email from yourself however if you could resend it to gm@langstonehotel.co.uk as I would like the opportunity to discuss this with you direct.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Travelers are raving about these Hayling Island hotels

Hayling Island
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

The booking form stated under Room facilities that the Hotel room was air conditioned with climate control. No part of the hotel has air conditioning this was verified by the deak receptionist. As the September was very hot this made our stay very uncomfortable. On the EASYTOBOOK booking form breaksfeat was offered at GBP 10 per person ( approx) On entering the resturant for breaksfeast I was informed by the waiterist that I would be required to pay £15.95 per person. I will in future place my booking with the hotel and not use a on line service site.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank George H

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor.

I understand from your comments that the issues you had were due to a third party booking site. The hotel bedrooms do not have air conditioning and are not advertised on any of our systems. Could you please let me know whom you made your reservation through so that I can have this information changed? My email is gm@langstonehotel.co.uk.

Our own website contains all the most relevant, accurate and up to date information and will always offer the best price available.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Hayling Island, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

My friend and I visited the Langstone Hotel resturant yesterday evening and we both thought the food was absolutely equiseta. The presentation and quality of the food were just second to none. I also want to say a special mention to Sam, Sophie, David, Josi and Sandy who all played a part in looking after us. I will be coming back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

I was delighted to learn that your meal with us at the Langstone Hotel was an enjoyable one and I have passed your comments onto the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Great Hotel!!!

The location - Close enough to the nearest retail park so can easily eat out! Great surroundings! Great to get too! Great to look at!

The room - We had a excutive double room with the wet room! Great sized room! The wetroom, some people moan about it on here.... personally i loved it!

Breakfast - So tasty! the scrambled eggs were perfect! the best i've had in a hotel!

Def give it a try!

Room Tip: Go for the upgraded room with the wet room bathroom! Take a few bottles of cider in and enjoy it;-)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review of the Langstone Hotel.

Comments such as yours are very much appreciated as the team and myself are committed to a high standard of customer service and it is pleasing to receive such positive feedback.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

epsom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a nice, clean hotel in a good location fo visiting Hayling Island, Portsmouth and the Chichester area. The room was clean, but probably not as smart as expected. However, everything you need was provided. The swimming pool complex was very nice with sauna and steam rooms. I've only given it 3 stars though as overall I felt it to be a little impersonal. There was a constant procession of weddings all weekend. There was no noise and disturbance from the parties that we could hear. It's just that whenever you went into the communal areas: the reception, bars etc, they were full of wedding guests. This had the effect of making us feel like ill dressed gate crashers and perhaps a little out of place, having just returned from the beach. Perhaps that is because we were just travelling as a couple. If we were a larger party, perhaps we wouldn't have noticed it so much but we avoided eating at the hotel during our stay because of this.
CHECK your hotel bill by the way. This hotel automatically adds breakfast charges to your bill and you have to ask them to remove it, rather than the other way round.
During our stay we ate at the Aroma Chinese Restaurant in Havant instead, which was brilliant. The Thai restaurant in Hayling Island is lovely too. The Northey Farm Tea rooms, a short stroll from the hotel, do a fabulous home cooked yet reasonably priced breakfast although seating is limited.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My Aunt and I stayed at the Langstone on a long weekend to visit relatives. We stayed in a standard double room which was a good size and had plenty of storage space. The shower, situated in the bath was ok but we both had difficulties with the shower curtain which insisted on wrapping around you if you had it inside the bath, or flooding the bathroom if you had it outside! A hotel of this quality and price range could surely upgrade to shower screens. We also had problems with getting and keeping our room cool as the sun was directly on it in the afternoon. The air con system was noisy and ineffective and we needed to keep our windows open wide at all times. There were weddings every day we were there, and although they were held in separate venues we were affected at night by the noise of people outside because we had our windows open. Like other visitors we also became very frustrated with the free WiFi and were unable to use our mobile broadband but refused to pay to upgrade. Once again, a hotel of this quality and price range should provide a free good quality Internet service as do most Bed and Breakfasts now. We did not eat in the restaurant but breakfast each morning was excellent and could not be faulted. The use of the swimming pool was also much enjoyed, although my Aunt did have me in there before 0715hrs each morning!! It was an enjoyable weekend but being situated just on the island meant that I had to drive everywhere. We did walk across the bridge to eat at Langstone on our last night but the walk back to the hotel in the dark was a little bit hairy, particularly when the path ran out, as it is quite a busy minor road. I thought the hotel was expensive for what you actually got but as it was so busy there is obviously a market for this.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayling Island
Newtown House Hotel
Newtown House Hotel
#4 of 4 in Hayling Island
Premier Inn Portsmouth Havant South (Langstone/A27)
Brookfield Hotel
Number Four Boutique Hotel
Number Four Boutique Hotel
#2 of 38 in Portsmouth
BEST WESTERN Royal Beach Hotel

Been to Langstone Hotel? Share your experiences!