“This hotel is lacking attention to detail, making our stay just average - underwhelmed!”
Review of Langstone Hotel

Langstone Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hayling Island
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The room was immaculately presented and everything seemed to work fine. The curtain didn't close all of the way; we were woken by the bright light coming in. The plastic shower curtain had a tendency to stick to you whilst in the shower.
The cleaners were loudly cleaning rooms from approximately 8:30am - I could hear that the room next door needed another wine glass.
Despite clearly putting on our booking that there would be two people staying, there was only one set of towels in the bathroom.
I'm not implying that this is a bad hotel, but it seems that the management have neglected the small details which have, on this occasion, made our stay average. This is such a shame as the hotel is in such a great location.

• Stayed: April 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,814)

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I recently booked a special surprise birthday weekend and took a dozen friends and family. Our rooms were really great and the food very good everybody enjoyed there stay. It would be a good idea to have a few more staff in the restaurant as the poor waiter was run off his feet we did have a long wait. There was an error made on our bill but it was eventually sorted out. In spite of everything I would reccommend this hotel, I would return.

Room Tip: Go for the luxury rooms it's well worth spoiling youself
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Graham F
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were able to get a groupon deal and stayed her for the weekend as we enjoy popping down to Hayling Island for the day and walking on the beach and visiting the amusements. The hotel was presentable and clean.

We read the mixed reviews from other people, however we enjoyed our time there, we were on the ground floor so the views were great, the decor in our room was slightly dated, but it was clean and tidy. The facilities included safe, tea & coffee a trouser press and iron & board, which is what you would expect from this level of hotel.

We didn't use the spa or gym facilities at all.

It is quite a distance from the main part of Hayling Island and you would need to drive or take the bus if you wanted to go there. There wasn't much around the area, however we did walk down part of the Billy Trail which is the old railway walking trail which starts near by the hotel.

The only challenge we had was breakfast, we went down relatively early and there were queues out of the door, we got seated in 10 minutes and the buffet was good as you would expect but the only way not to queue for everything would be to get to breakfast early which may not be what you want to do.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I am not the type of person to look at reviews about a hotel I am going to as I feel the reviews are very biased. Many people like to right a bad review online if they were angry with what they received for their money however not many people go to the extent of writing a good review because at the end of the day they expect their monies worth. I went to the Langstone hotel with my partner over the busiest part of the Easter Holidays and I was ecstatic with the result of our stay to the extent that we paid for an additional night.

The service was fault less, the room was lovely and the facilities where brilliant. In the day we could use all the spa facilities or go to Portsmouth which was only a 15 Minutes drive. This was supposed to be a cheap break for us but it turned out to be the beginning of a tradition. I am used to 5 star holidays in the Caribbean so I know what I'm talking about when I say it was excellent!

They have a Rosette Restaurant within the hotel and the service was impeccable there and I would like to say a huge compliment to the chief as I tasted some of the best food I have ever had!

I recommend this hotel to any one I speak to who wants to get away for a couple of days as it was the most faultless hotel I have ever been to.

Room Tip: We had a double standard room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VictoriaTruscott
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I often think that if a review starts with words to the effect that "the staff were polite" it's a bit worrying. Unfortunately that's about the best I can say. Room was OK, light and extractor in the bathroom were u/s and you know that annoying thing when a plastic showere curtain keeps wrapping itself round you? Perhaps my idea of 4 star is out of date. Wine in the restaurant was laughably overpriced. They did try with the food though. Very well presented and expertly served it offered something different from normal, unless you had the steak as my wife did. Hers tasted fine but was gristly (as was the one at the next table). Desserts looked pretty on the plate but the sorbet tasted of fish! A storage issue perhaps. Breakfast was average in the extreme.
In common with most reviewers on here we paid a fraction of the "official" rate

Room Tip: We asked for a room not overlooking the car park but in truth no rooms overlook anything particularl...
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights 2 weeks ago. Bedroom and bathroom first: window blind was broken and so, as we were on the ground floor, had to keep curtains closed. Carpet was rather stained too. Excellent facilities include tea/coffee, trouser press, safe, fridge and full length mirrors. Bathroom was OK but not very warm so tiled floor was freezing. I do wish hotels would provide larger bath towels ( I'm not a large person by any means) when the room is cold and you step out of the bath it is disappointing to have a towel hardly bigger than a hand towel. We ate our main meal twice in the restuarant. The first night my wife chose the sirloin steak which was just OK however I chose the rib eye steak and had to send it back twice as it was full of gristle and I couldn't chew it at all. Fairly they did not charge me for my meal but I went hungry as only had 8 chips in a small basket!! I think the chef goes for appearance over quality and quantity. You will see our critique for the 'Millstone at Mellor' which also has a 2 rosette kitchen but the food was EXCELLENT...bare this in mind chef!!

Room Tip: can't say which room would be better as only saw our own room. It was very quiet 29.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a beautiful setting on Hayling Island and a very nice hotel. Clean , comfortable and staff were very nice. The room service was fast and food was very good. It was very quiet although I know they had a wedding but I didn't get disturbed at all. A friend who lives on Hayling Island said it had a good reputation with the islanders.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the marina
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Premier Inn (Langstone/A27)
Travelodge Chichester Emsworth
Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North
Travelodge Havant Rowlands Castle Hotel

Been to Langstone Hotel? Share your experiences!