“Very tasty and reasonable too.”
Review of Spice Island - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Spice Island
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We decided to eat here late evening, after arriving on the island and finding most food places closed.

Even though the restaurant was quiet (we were the only couple there) the staff could not have been more helpful.

Lovely tasty, well presented food, and plenty of it - and we had even more reason to smile when the bill arrived at the end of the evening!

I would definitely go back

There are newer reviews for Spice Island

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Went there on 30 Aug 2011 and it was shockingly bad with nine problems: Dirty floor in restaurant; poor reception, had to wait when we entered; refused a selected table and forced to sit in cramped place; long wait for drinks and cutlery, missing main dishes, vegetable curry was a stodgy mess, invoiced on a scrappy bit of paper; no credit card facility, despite logo on door; and finally an indifferent waiter.

Shockingly bad, I didn't get a reply to a letter I posted them although they stated they had emailed me, and when I followed up, they said they would forward the email to me - they never did.

Lesson learned, never been back there.

1  Thank Eatery_Reviewer
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Easily the best Indian on the island. Bags of rich flavours and good sized portions. Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

We went as a party of 8 including 3 children. For the Monday and Tuesday All you can Eat Buffet, (their website promoted at £8.45 the poster by the door was £9.90, they honoured the former. When I asked - by phone - how much the child rate was I was surprised that it has to be checked, but on learning £5.95 was pleased - would not have paid full price).

The food hygiene rating is 5 out of 5, which they are proud of.

The place was empty at 7pm when we arrived and only 2 other parties crossed the threshold before 9pm.
What are you all missing - the food was terrific! Plentiful, very freshly cooked and super tasty! So go on, give it a go!

There were 16 food items
starters ; pakora, poppadoms, chutneys, sauces, fabulous bahjis, a kebab skewered chicken; readily a good plateful each.
beers - cobra is on tap plus others. (£1.90 a half - well I am a girl!)
Mains; 2 veg sides, a special rice, 2 types of naan, mild, medium and hot curries - all tasty and the hot was thankfully exactly that (chicken naag)!

We ALL enjoyed it and pre tip the cost for 8 was £80.05 which with a drink and an 'I'm completely and deliciously stuffed' feeling each was great!

Reviewed March 31, 2012

Piddling little protions and huge great prices ...............