“Good food and welcome reception”
Review of Maypole Inn

Maypole Inn
Cuisines: European, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are a large, family run public house serving excellent food and drinks. We have a large beer garden surrounded by fields for the Summer and a warm open fires for the winter.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have visited the Maypole several times lately and have booked again for a Birthday celebration . We find that the food is excellent and all the staff are very friendly. A family
run establishment they keep a very good standard.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Having eaten here twice in the last week whilst staying on the island I can thoroughly recommend The Maypole, very good pub food, excellent service and a friendly manner from all of the staff we came across. Thank you!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Visited this pub last night (01/11/2012) in a party of 4 adults. I selected the home made steak & kidney pie which normally comes with mash and veg. I requested chips instead of mash which was agreed without question. Others had the beer battered cod, and the same pie but with mash. All of us were delighted with our mains. It was such a change to have plenty of kidney in the pie. We didn't all have sweets, but those that did opted for the home made crumble with custard. it was great and they certainly don't scrimp on portion size. I have rated this based on what it is - a pub serving food and not a fine dining restaurant or 'gastro-pub'. Put simply you get good quality, home prepared food at fair prices and with friendly service. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I booked this pub after reading some reviews on Trip Advisor.

It was my Mum's 50th Birthday and we wanted something traditional yet that little bit special. Well, it was traditional and VERY special.

My Mum is a coeliac and requires and Gluten Free meal, in Most places this is such an issue and she ends up with a jacket potato or something unispiring

The staff at the Maypole, especially Mandy the landlady, stated this would not be a problem, my Mum wanted the steak and chips and this was catered for her. There is a REAL chef here not some microwave chef. My Mother in law is also a vegetarian as well as a chef and she did not want the options available so the chef offered her some alternative options and wow they were delicious. (I had one of the alternative options).

Mandy set all of the tables up with a lovely balloon display and oversaw the whole operation. The staff were attentitive without being overbearing and obviously knew what they were doing. The service was impeccable and although we were a group of 16 they knew exactly what they were doing and always had a smile.

There was a pub quiz and this was so much fun. The whole pub joined in and it was a lovely atmosphere. All the locals were so friendly and chatty.

The Landlord and Lady Mandy and Neville were so accomodating and due all the different dietary requirements we had the chef was very accomodating.

Amazing Food, Amazing Atmosphere - Would definitely recommend and will definitely be returning.

1  Thank hayleysn202
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife decided to go to the Island for lunch on spec. The traffic was very slow because of road works and we were getting bored when we spied the Maypole and decided to give it a try. as it was getting on in time, The welcome we received from the landlord and his team gave us a clue. We both ordered Cod in beer batter which was excellent good crispy batter and white cod. I had syrup
sponge and ice cream fantastic

1  Thank Trevor73