“Good value for a quick meal”
Review of The Olive Leaf Pub

The Olive Leaf Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The olive leaf has a good selection of home cooked fare with food ranging from tapas at the bar to fresh locally caught fish and pub old favourites with a good range of house wines and more. Come and join us to see or join in with some real local talent, all welcome. We are also dog friendly. On Sunday evening from 5pm. We fire up our wood fired funky Pizza Pod. Please visit our web site for more information and updates. We do not open on Mondays, (even god took a day off)!!
Alresford, United Kingdom
“Good value for a quick meal”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Went here for a quick meal when moored up in Sparkes marina. Service quick and efficient and my gammon steak, locally sourced was excellent. No pretentious to gourmet style but worth a visit for a better than usual pub meal

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Jon M

Andover, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fantasic :)”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Went to hayling island with my partner for the day out and popped in here for something to eat, friendly staff and we loved the food!! All very quick and would definitely return again :) thank you!

• Visited June 2014
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“A great find”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Spent a great morning walking on the sea front, so we decided to look for lunch. After checking out a few pubs we stumbled across the Olive Leaf and what a find. Great food, good atmosphere and dog friendly. Bar staff/Owners were pleasant and helpful. If you want a reasonable bite to eat you won't go wrong here!

Visited June 2014
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Amazing Food”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We visited as a large party with 2 small children and were very impressed. Staff were so accommodating, even though there is not a children's menu as such they quite happily prepared dinner for the little ones.
Food was served quickly and the menu has a wide range of dishes. The chicken stack was a big favourite with our party. Deserts were superb and I would highly recommend leaving room for one!
Overall we had a fantastic evening and will definitely be returning

• Visited May 2014
UK
“Appearances can be deceptive”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Before heading down to Hayling I did some TA research and wrote down the name and numbers of a few pubs I liked the sounds of. On arrival on Friday night we decided to give the Olive Leaf a go so rang and booked a table for about an hour later. I have to say, had we just driven past looking for somewhere to eat I don't think we would have picked this pub as i didn't think it looked too inviting as an eating place but i'm glad we'd done our research!

The service from the second we walked through the door was exceptional. A very friendly lady (presumably the landlady?) waited on us, with the help of a couple of younger girls. The friendliness was genuine, not the forced pleasantries you sometimes experience.

The food was spot on, hubby had nacho's and I had goat cheese filled potato skins as starters. I had pollock fillets and chips for main, the batter on the fish wasn't too greasy, not too dry, and the home cooked chips were very tasty. Hubby had a steak and it was cooked just as he'd requested. He then had a pud, he had a couple of pints, I had bottled water and the bill was around £47. Very reasonable.

A couple of tiny negatives, just to give the review some balance. Some salad/peas with the fish and chips would have been a good idea, just to give the meal a few vitamins. And the ladies weren't great. The actual loos were clean enough, but the room was quite dirty, lots of dust/cobwebs and the sink was grubby. Just made me glad I'd gone at the end of the meal!

But as I say, I'm just trying to keep the review balanced. A true indication of our feelings is that we tried to get a table the following evening, but they were fully booked!

• Visited May 2014