“Cracking dinner”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

A very nice resturant and a well balanced menu. The food is well presented and very tasty. The wine list was well stocked and at a reasonable choice. The children's menu was good value. If I stay at the hotel again I will book a table..

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Visited this hotel 12 months ago for afternoon tea thought is was ok nothing special, but thought I would try it again. Today visited for afternoon tea and again was disappointed. The sandwiches were very cold think they had been stored in a very very cold chiller, there was no taste to them, infact the egg and cress ones I had to look inside to see what was in them couldn't taste the egg! Cakes ok a little sickles, scones abit crisp on the outside. At no time were we asked if everything was ok and did we need our teapot refilling. Will I be returning unfortunately no.

1  Thank Pompey13
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We enjoyed a very enjoyable meal as part of a family birthday celebration. The menu choice that we were offered was superb. The food was very well presented and tasted delicious. Every course was an absolute delight. We were a party of eight and all were in agreement that we had had a treat. I must add though that we were not paying ourselves, so have no idea how much it all cost. All I can say is Congratulations to the chef.
This however, is not my opinion of the Hotel itself. The rooms are tired and in need of refurbishment. In our room there were no toiletries. Not even soap! The towels were grey and limp and the vertical blind broken. We used the Health Spa which was average at best. This hotel has superb views and a superb chef. A 5 star chef in a 3 star establishment. The hotel web site belies reality!

1  Thank welshmother
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife and celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary on the 9 th August and stayed until 11 th August . We had great meals on the duration of our stay and on the Friday as there were two wedding functions and hotel was so busy and amazingly coped with a full house and giving 5 star services to all guest. We went for our second dinner meal on Saturday evening and the restaurant manager which I believe was Spanish was so nice to us but our waiter Kostas I hope I pronounced his name correctly was a gem.I highly recommend the food and great services.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Great menu with and interesting variety of food. The risotto was perfect for what I was looking for with a wonderfully cooked piece of sea trout . I am hungry again thinking about it!