“Fantastic xmas break!”

Mill Rythe Holiday Village
Ranked #1 of 15 Hayling Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Myself, partner, mum, dad and 2 year old came here for the xmas break, and have to say it was fantastic, the entertainment laid on was amazing especially the xmas show when the kids got involved in singing "silent night" was very moving.
we used to come here with friends and family about and the last time we came was about 10 years ago.
Am so glad we came on this break as it brought back all happy memories and nothing has changed its still the same old Warners :)
Xmas Day was great! waking up and seeing Father Christmas, he even brought presents for everyone! the kids loved it.
The food was outstanding also, have not got a bad word to say, even when we did arrive we had a few problems with our hot water etc, but the guys did fix this, so nothing major.

we loved it so much that we have booked for next year.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Mill Rythe Holiday Village

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We travelled here with a big family of 14 to celebrate my mums 70th birthday,it was good value £179.00 per couple which included breakfast and dinner both nights he only problem we had was breakfast was 8.30am until 9.30am so felt a bit rushed and dinner was 6pm until7pm as we were celebrating with such a big party it would of been nice not to rush through all three courses plus coffee,saying that the waiter and staff were superb and was very helpful with all ours needs,the accommodation was clean and comfortable the bathrooms in the ambassador rooms need updating ,but it was a lovely touch to have fruit toffees and sparkling wine on arrival,my family had the standard plus rooms and they were a lot nicer than ours the rooms were very warm and the bed was very comfortable. The band and the entertainment was a added bonus and my parents who were celebrating enjoyed the activities they had to offer overall a good break away

Room Tip: I personally looking at both the ambassador which was above the standard room plus would opt for the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Greg L, Guest Relations Manager at Mill Rythe Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your good value break in aid of your Mum's special celebration. I will pass your comments with regards to meal times on to the park's General Manager along with your compliments regarding his team on park who will, I'm sure, be delighted to hear them. As previously advised to another reviewer, we are in the process of updating our bathrooms as well as other areas of the park

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Me and my boyfriend recently booked last minute at this hotel, thinking it would be a romantic one night stay. When we initially arrived we thought we had turned up at the wrong hotel, the woman on reception was very helpful and seemed very nice. Upon arriving in our standard room in ripon block, i can only say i was disgusted, there was a very strong smell of fresh paint, the bedding looked about 20 years old and dirty they had also pushed 2 single beds together and you could feel the springs through them. There was a fairly large gap down the side of the wardrobe which was clearly visible and you could definitely see it had never been cleaned. There was a very thin interior door joining onto another guest room right next to the bed. The bathroom was vile, there were tiles hanging off the wall, mould on the grout and around the bath, the toilet was blocked and filled right to the top when flushing. I'd honestly say i'd feel dirtier after getting a shower there. After being in our room 5 minutes we asked the reception how much it would be to upgrade they stated an extra £20 which i was not willing to pay for one night, and i knew the upgrade wouldn't be much better, so in the end we left the hotel and didn't stay.
My partner and I are both serving in the military and I can definitely have never stayed in such a horrible room, and we actually left the hotel and came and stayed on a barracks not too far away that's how bad it was. I can also say the block we stayed in i wouldn't even expect to see on any military camp never mind on a hotel complex. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone and the facilities onsite i.e the arcade room looked disgusting and smelt mouldy and wet. We cant comment on the food or night entertainment as we checked in at 1700 hrs and left around 1730 hrs.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lauren d

I am sorry that you did not want to stay with us after booking your accommodation last minute on Saturday night and it was also disappointing to hear that you did not want to look at our upgraded accommodation which was offered to you at the small cost of £20. I understand that you advised our Guest Services team that you thought Mill Rythe Holiday Park was close to Portsmouth where you had intended to spend the evening at various clubs and was disappointed to find out that it was actually over 10 miles away from where you had planned to spend the evening. You were advised that local taxi companies do offer 'club runs' and Sara (who checked you in) even offered to call one of them for you however you decided to stay at one of the barracks local to where you wanted to be.It is unfortunate that after 30 minutes on the Park you felt the need to leave but would hope you enjoyed your night in Portsmouth and that you would revisit the Park at some time in the future so that we are able to show you all of what the Park has to offer.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was perhaps one of the most important holidays I have had for a long time. My father is suffering from Alzheimers and I was keen to do a trip with the three generations of the family.

It was a welcome surprise to see a free mid week firework display. Having been involved with the Round Table firework event for many years and being well aware waht £10,000 of fireworks looks like - I was not expecting amuch of a display which was free. I was wrong! It was extremely professional and lasted a good time - and my father really enjoyed it! (Thank you!)

From a personal perspective it was also a pleasant surprise to see a full range of branded wines (Hardys etc.) at extremely competitive prices. The slight disappointment was that several had sold out, however to give them their due they were re-stocked two days later.

Accommodation was very clean and quite acceptable - not the same as a five star suite, but less for the 5 day break including food than the suite would have been for one night withouit food.

Only slight observation/criticism - there was a Halloween fancy dress parade/competition and my daughter spent a long time dressing up as a Zombie. The only issue was there was a parade for the young children and being nearly 13 she felt too old for this, and yet was not old enough for the dualt one - perhaps there should have been a parade for stroppy teenagers!!!

All in all another great trip - thank you Mill Rythe and I hope to go back there later this year.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Greg L, Guest Relations Manager at Mill Rythe Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

I was so pleased that you all enjoyed your multi generational holiday and that your Father in particular enjoyed our firework display. Sometimes we do run out of a particular drink as we can only estimate the number of bottles we order however it pleased me to learn that your favourite tipple was re-stocked within 2 days. Your remark about stroppy teenagers did make me laugh as my Daughter is of a similar age! Looking forward to you returning to the park later in the year

Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and myself plus two very good friends spent our christmas at the site and must report how good a time we had. Of course the weather was lousy with plenty of rain which did tend to spoil things. However many changes had taken place since the new owners had taken over. we had previously spent 10 summer holiday breaks there. The whole site looked much better and the occommodation had been decorated also an upgrade of furniture. New catering staff were in place and the food was a great improvement. Also the entertainment was much better. Have to admit that Christmas was a family break and not to much for adults during the day but on the breaks strictly for adults its great value for money, so much to keep you occupied during the day and good entertainment during the evening. Get the brochure. Its worth a look

Room Tip: Go for standard plus accommodation
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Norman S

Sorry to hear that the rain impinged on your holiday but pleased to read that you recognised the improvements that have been made since we bought the park in September 2010. We really feel that we have made significant headway in returning the park to its former glory and it's great when guests who have previously stayed on the park under the previous owners recognise this!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

My Husband, 2 Children (aged 6 years and 18 months) and Myself have just returned from the 'Betwixmas' break at Mill Rythe, we all had a fantastic time. The entertainment was brilliant, the food was delicious (especially the omelettes!) and the staff were very welcoming and helpful. The accommodation on the park is in the process of being refurbished by the looks of it, we booked late so the only rooms that were left were the standard rooms, they were very clean but could do with a new bathroom! Everything in the bathroom worked well and the bathroom itself was clean it just needs to be bought into the 21st century which by the looks of it is in the overall grand plan. Overall we give the holiday 10/10 and will be coming back next year!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We had a 4 night stay immediately before Christmas, with our friends.
The full board food was excellent, a wide choice and plentiful. The programme was very good and suited all adult ages. Unfortunately, the wet weather on 2 of the days, wiped out the outside activities such as archery and petanque.
The staff were very good, the evening cabarets excellent, and our "star" waitress attended to our needs quickly and made sure that we had the food to suit our wheat-free diet.
There was always something to do and join in so we were never bored.
The thing that still needs to be improved upon is the maintenance. It seems that nobody does an inspection to keep things in order, and do small jobs as a stitch in time repair. Ultimately, things go wrong later and costs the firm more. E G, The swimming pool area needs urgent "Health and Safety " repairs, but I was unable to find the relevant Manager to discuss this with. If I owned this place, I would would be quite annoyed!
Overall though, this place is good value, with excellent food, and we recommend it to you.
If you are going without children, an adult break would probably better for you.

Room Tip: I am really not sure that a room upgrade is good value.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Thanks for the 5 stars you have awarded us & for explaining how helpful the waitress was with regards to your dietary requirements. I was concerned to note your comments with regards to the pool area and not being able to find a Manager and will now discuss this matter with the General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayling Island
#1 of 4 in Emsworth
The Bear Hotel
The Bear Hotel
#4 of 4 in Havant

Been to Mill Rythe Holiday Village? Share your experiences!