Mill Rythe Holiday Village
Langstone Hotel(Hayling Island)
$79
$69
Newtown House Hotel(Hayling Island)
$111
$73
$67
The Crown(Emsworth)
$71
West Town Inn(Hayling Island)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
1,171 results
All reviewsaxe throwingstandard accommodationfamily breakcrazy golfambassador roomour waitersalad barfirst classhalf boardgreat holidayentertainment teamwest endchoice of foodevening entertainmentresident bandindoor poolturkey and tinsel
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My partner and I run a Charity Bowling Club for the visually impaired. Every year we arrange a Bowls Tour through Isle of Wight Tours (See separate review) and this year we catered for 34 people including ourselves and several helpers. I had read various reviews, mainly from a couple of years ago and was filled with trepidation before going here because of these reviews. However - there was no need for me to worry as the ongoing investment in Mill Rythe is bearing fruit and we had a thoroughly enjoyable five days there. Let me categorise the facilities:

Accommodation: Some chalets have been modernised already but a programme is in force to modernise the whole stock. The chalet we had was spacious and the only criticism I could find was that the bath panel looked a bit tired and needed replacing. It was serviced every day, even though the brochure supplied to us stated that it would not be so on Tuesday and left in a very clean and tidy condition each time. Our members were quite impressed although two with mobility problems would have liked to have been closer to the facilities.

Facilities: Very good restaurant, bar, sports facilities and ballroom. There is an investment program for the sports facilities and a new outdoor artificial bowling green has already been built. Coming soon will be a championship petanque rink. Two swimming pools, the inside one of which was very modern and swish looking. I didn't go into the outside pool so cannot comment. Recreational staff very helpful and willing.

Food: This is the first hotel/holiday venue I have ever been to catering for hundreds of clients which can cook a proper fried egg. Every single morning not just my egg but everybody around me had a fried egg which could have been cooked at home and not some dried up or overcooked monstrosity. The food for this sort of venue was excellent and, although normally a buffet style, our group was served by a hard-pressed waitress, who actually looked like she enjoyed serving us.

Entertainment: The entertainments team at Mill Rythe are probably the best I have ever come across in my many years of holidaying at such villages. Each one was talented in their own right and when put together for some of their spectacular shows they were amazing. Full marks!

General staff: Always, but always helpful to the nth degree, I was very impressed with all staff from Management to Chaletmaids. Nothing was too much trouble for them and chairs would appear as if by magic if any of our group were seen standing for a few moments. On our arrival our four Guide Dogs and their handlers were placed in chalets in a group. Dog treats and poo-bags were in the chalet and, because it was raining on that day, a separate towel for each of the dogs. Great training obviously but an inbuilt willingness to help by each member of staff.

Any criticism?: Hard pressed to find any other than when we arrived in fairly torrential rain, our luggage was offloaded from the coach into an open area. Thus most cases (and sometimes the contents!) were very wet on arrival at our chalets. I feel this problem could be overcome by a shelter near the coach drop-off point specifically for such days. Not everybody has a hard bodied case. I am intelligent enough to realise that some areas have yet to benefit from the investment being made so I would not adversely comment on these until I've been back in the future.

Overall: Well done everybody involved in Mill Rythe - the owners should be proud of what they are doing and the people who work for them

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Frank L
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Stayed at Mill Rythe for the Summer Breeze weekend 6-9 July. This was our fourth visit here and I must say that this establishment is excellent value for money. Very good selection of food in the restaurant, both at the buffet and off of the menu. The staff are all very helpful and efficient, giving excellent service. (Only one minor complaint, my wife always takes her own teabags and when we ordered a pot of boiling water is never was boiling so consequently didn't have a decent cup of tea) .Accomodation was very clean and comfortable. Noticed that a lot of money is being invested in the holiday village which is good. We were here last in December 2011, and found on this visit that there was a different entertainments team. Must say that the present team unfortunately are nowhere near as good as the previous team. However we will return in the future for another break and trust that the entertainment improves. Would recommend Mill Rythe for couples or families

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Essexvacationer
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Disappointed with chalet,ok for my wife and I,but not much room for family,in fact tight.It needs decor and new bathroom.Entermainment was good and restaurant was good service and plenty of food.bar prices were good as it was over 60"s week-end special.It is going through refurebisement but the staff very helpful.Swiiming pool and jacussi very good.As weather not good,ducks swimming round grounds.

Room Tip: Go for room next stage up to requirement as there they are tight rooms as they are poor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BRUCIE804424
Reviewed July 9, 2012

JUst spent a weekend at Mill Rythe Holiday Village and the accomodation was disgusting
The Carpet was black and the room was very damp and dirty and smelly
The Bathroom was disgusting cracked basin and toilet was dirty could do with some bleach and a good clean all over Food was not great and entertainment was not very good
Regards
Ellen Essex

Room Tip: Don't Go
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ellen D
Reviewed July 8, 2012

ive been going to mill rythe since i was about 2, im now 23 . i always look forward to coming here.
mill rythe has had its ups and downs but its such a great place to be and i love it :) i am looking forward to a 7 night break there on the 27th july and look forward to the changes that have been made.
i have had a few issues with a few things in the past but i dont understand how people can complain about the food, theres a wide variety to suit everyones needs and if your still hungary you can order more.

The entertainment is great. i enjoy the bingo n game shows and the cabarets are great.
chalets are small but are generally only used to wash and sleep in.

Room Tip: the ambassor rooms are lovely u get a fridge and champayne n treats on arrivals. standard rooms are what i usually stay in and i havent experienced any problems with them. i dont think it matters where your room is your on holiday who cares about the noise its only holiday makers enjoying themselves. who shouldnt?
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family