“Most rude place I have ever been to in my life. The old woman is rude and nasty she needs to go on a course for manners!!”
Review of The Old Cathay

The Old Cathay
Ranked #98 of 145 Restaurants in Harlow
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Food half cooked ,chicken tasted as if it was rotten left it on my plate and was told by the old woman that I was wasteful so I said you eat it at which point she snatch the plate from the table and left muttering under breath,I waited 20 mins for new food to be told by the old woman that they had orders to do and I could wait .I now known why we were the only people in there at 6pm I would never step foot in that place again in my life time do your self a favour don't eat there.

There are newer reviews for The Old Cathay

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

We decided to go out as a family of 4 for a meal together last Saturday.
The old woman in the resturant really needs some lessons in how to be towards and around customers.
My daughter had a nosebleed, so I was seeing to her. The old lady made a point of tutting and leaning across us to pick up plates.
In the middle of eating (what food was edible and available) there was some crumbs of a prawn cracker on the floor not caused by us I might add!
The lady came over muttering with an old sponge from their sink, and said my children had got icecream all over the floor.
We hadn't even had any icecream!!
And the sponge went back into the sink!!

I had a plate with rice on it, but there was no curry, so I sat at the table and waited for some to come out. After 10 mins we asked, and was told the kitchen was busy with takeaway orders and we would have to wait.
We did wait for a further 20 mins.
When I did eventually get my meal it was ok, but the lady made a point of saying to us when we left that we waisted too much food!
The only food waisted was the rice from waiting half an hour for their curry to be put out.

I will never be going back again!!
Very very rude woman should be kept in the kitchen and let other members of staff be front facing.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Cheap and cheerful Chinese buffet. Friendly staff, but wasn't waitered on - had to go over to them on a few occasions. Some music may have been nice, as the restaurant was empty. Good (3/5) food hygiene rating. Nice for a group of friends, but it's not some where I'd take my girlfriend.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

It's a buffet restaurant with dishes being served in small containers so food is freshly topped up regularly. Service is always good too.
We always have a take away delivered and it is always lovely.
Last night 14 of us went for my birthday at the last minute, at the end of our meal I was presented with a huge chocolate cake....... The owner had sent a member of staff out to buy me a birthday cake !
Not the most impressive decoration and not the nicest area but worth it !

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Great buffet. Plenty of choice . Friendly staff . Great atmosphere.
Ideal for meeting friends there. Good for family get together. Cosy corners for couples !

Customer parking.