“Service is lacking, food OK” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Frankie and Benny's

Frankie and Benny's
Ranked #38 of 134 Restaurants in Harlow
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hoddesdon, United Kingdom
“Service is lacking, food OK”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

A busy Friday night, only went in as we could not get into Pizza Express. Advised on arrival it would be five minutes before a table was free please wait in the bar. Well it was nearer15 minutes and a round of drinks which felt expensive.

Reasonably long wait to have an order taken, and even longer for the drinks to arrive. When the meal arrived the food was fairly good, however we were missing one of the slide orders.

It was clear that despite a reasonable number of staff they have difficulties in dealing with a full restaurant, overall it was the service which let the place down, food was middle of the road but on balance expensive for what it was.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Polish first
Hoddesdon, United Kingdom
“Not much for a wheat intolerance”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Went here as a spur of the moment. We had to wait 5 mins for a table which wasn't to bad. We sat at the bar me and my partner noticed that the bar had ants running over it by the spirits.
As a suffer of a wheat intolerance I had notice that there wasn't much to eat. So I opted for loaded potatoes with a home made bruschetta mix, mini mozzarella and tomatoes salad and corn on the cob. The only downside to the salad was black pepper as I have allergy to it. I had mentioned it to the waiter on the corn on the cob but forgot that I should have asked about that on the salad. My partner had meatballs and spaghetti look very nice and he loved it and had a portion of very nice chips. My dad had chicken carbonara and a side salad. My mum had the chicken triple decker sandwich with chips. Very expensive for what we had.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Spursgirl13
Harlow, United Kingdom
“Looking for breakfast? Keep walking!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Having had lunch here a few days before we decided that the breakfast menu looked quite nice and we'd give it a try on a Saturday morning. Big mistake! Sat down (outside) and waited ten minutes before anybody appeared. Ordered our breakfast and drinks and waited ... and waited ... and waited. After 25 minutes I went back in to ask if we'd been forgotten and was told the matter would be looked into. Waited another ten minutes at which point I was about to go back in and just pay for the drinks and tell them to forget the food when the food all suddenly appeared. All cold and unappetising. Long wait for coffee refills. Don't know if they were short staffed or whether we had indeed been forgotten. The cold food makes me think we'd been forgotten and it had been sitting on the kitchen counter for half the time we waited. Would not go back for breakfast and would advise others the same. Shame as it's a nice looking breakfast menu. £25.80 for three small breakfasts, 3 fresh orange and 2 coffees. Not a good deal when it's all cold. No apology from staff and no tip from us!

• Visited September 2013
“AVOID AVOID!!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We went mid week as a party of 10 and had booked a table for 8 o clock,the resturant was not busy but we had to wait an hour for our table and eventually sat at 9 o clock. we did ask them to speed this up twice. The starters came out one at a time. The mains were disappointing and orders wrong, we finished our meal at 11 0 clock. it was very understaffed we could only see two waiting staff for the entire restaurant. the manager gave us a discount without us even asking as it was so shocking. would not go again.

• Visited August 2013
Harlow, United Kingdom
“GOOD ... But a couple of minor issues!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Went here for dinner last Friday evening as the first stop on a 'Girly' Night out.

I had prebooked the table, but when we arrived we were asked to wait in the bar whilst the staff made up the table for us. I think in reality however, that they didn't actually have a table for us, as we saw two of the staff that greeted us, then looking helplessly around the busy restaurant, clearly looking for a space to seat the 8 of us.

However, this didn't take very long at all, and by the time we had got a drink at the bar, a table was ready for us.

The Waiter was very friendly and helpful, but the one slight draw back was the availabilty of a couple of our meals ..... One of our party ordered cannelloni, but was told there was only enough left for a half portion, but they could offer her dough balls with it to make up for the small portion.

I ordered Pecan cheesecake, as did another of our group for dessert, and was told there was only one portion left.

I find this lack of food items a little strange, as it is a Friday night, so you would expect them to be prepared for a busy night, and to make sure all menu items are available! We were not booked in late either, at which case maybe at 10ish they may have run low, but this was at 7:45pm.

This did not particularly affect our enjoyment of the meal and the evening though, and would DEFINITELY go back ... the food was very good value for money.

Lovely big airy restaurant ... loved the feel of the place.

• Visited August 2013