“Over priced”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Not visited for awhile, found food to be average but very pricey. Don't think I'll be returning anytime soon.

2  Thank Lynne B
There are newer reviews for Plume of Feathers

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Not had a dinner here however the sandwiches are excellent as they use the local artisan bakers bread.

1  Thank linncarol
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We called in for lunch on a Monday. I've given 4 stars although I think it was more 3.5 - better than average but more good than very good.

The waitress was friendly enough but more intent on clearing tables than taking our food order so we ordered at the bar. The food itself was nice and the portions were large. We'd have tried the steak if we were there on an evening but as we were just passing we stuck to the traditional pub fayre. The side salad was nice and the portion of chips was large but they weren't home made which was a little disappointing.

Easy parking and perfectly acceptable lunch and prices. Would I call again? Probably not. As other reviewers have said there is a good atmosphere etc I imagine it's better on an evening than a lunchtime and I'd have liked to try a steak but I wouldn't pay circa £18 for one if I wasn't getting home made chips with it.

1  Thank riceburner
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The Plume of Feathers in Gilston has a great cosy country pub feel and the food is brilliant. The staff are really friendly as well and always make you feel welcome. During my most recent visit, I would describe the food as fantastic - the portions are quite large which is worth being aware of - me and my mum shared a fish and chip lunch and it was plenty between two! The kids meals are great too. Oh, and we also had the blueberry cheesecake, which was truly out of this world, with whole fresh blueberries throughout it. It wasn't cheap (£5+) but I'm still dreaming about it 2 weeks later!

2  Thank Salp88
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Excellent food. Excellent location . Excellent Parking. Friendly helpful staff. Excellent atmosphere. Fab garden area. So glad this is my 'local' :-)

1  Thank tipze61